How old are you?

chrispyvrs

I'm 23 and bought my vRS 8 days ago. Not quite sure what I'm paying for insurance at the moment, as I just had to pay extra to swap the policy over to last until January. I have had quotes fully comp though, of around £700.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wonder: 24 - Fully comp - bout £600 with 5Yrs NCB which i didnt think was too bad untill i read this...... :wonder:

Heres a funny one! b4 i got the skod i was hunting round trying to get decent insurance and my current provider was the best (swiftcover) then on luch break from work and picked up 3 points IN A SMART CAR! :rofl: thought there is my chances of owning a Vrs out the window!

Got home, got another quote................... hold on with my points its cheeper! :giggle:

i just turned 19 like three weeks ago, having got my vrs yet but got quoted 1900 for fully comp. (northern ireland) insurance companies still think that you cant drive your car without the risk of being pulled over and burnt out lol

i just turned 19 like three weeks ago, having got my vrs yet but got quoted 1900 for fully comp. (northern ireland) insurance companies still think that you cant drive your car without the risk of being pulled over and burnt out lol

thats crazy, my vRS when i was 19 (4 years ago) was 900 FC in my own name with elephant!

I am 47, Postcode group A (check here for your postcode group http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car_insurance_explained/insurance_postcode_risk.htm)

£478 full comp for Nissan GTR R34

£171 full comp for old Octavia. Mods declared to 155bhp

Never mind kiddies - you're all getting older :)

I'm listed as a "C"

Does that mean your posh and im working class? LOL

Edited by VRSDanny

I am 47, Postcode group A (check here for your postcode group http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car_insurance_explained/insurance_postcode_risk.htm)

£478 full comp for Nissan GTR R34

£171 full comp for old Octavia. Mods declared to 155bhp

Never mind kiddies - you're all getting older :)

Kiddies? :wonder:

Does that make the GTR R34 your mid life crisis car ;)

That's right. We are both posher than chrisw880 (group E). He knows his place :)

Where I live it's a nice area and has been for last 10 years, shame the insurance companies don't think that :(

Edited by chrisw880

How come you didn't post your age Goldfinger? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Forgetful Mistake Mr Roll, sorry, I'm Insured with Saga and for my 07 plate Octavia PD TDi Vrs with 3 speeding points less than £200 full comp for me and the wife......................It pays to be old B)

Should be called Oldfinger......... :giggle:

Forgetful Mistake Mr Roll, sorry, I'm Insured with Saga and for my 07 plate Octavia PD TDi Vrs with 3 speeding points less than £200 full comp for me and the wife......................It pays to be old B)

Should be called Oldfinger......... :giggle:

still no age oldfinger !

HA! search and ye shall find!!

Group:FREEDOM

Active Posts:6258(2.86 per day)

Most Active In:General & Off Topic Chat (2565 posts)

Profile Views:1888

Last Active: Today, 15:05Currently:

Offline Member Title:Collecting Gold

Birthday: February 16, 1957

Edited by vRSsunroof

21 and pay £1600 i think. Thats fully comp with all modifications declared and no NCB as i couldn't afford insurance so was on my dads for years :giggle:

Insurance is a joke though. I can see why loads of people risk not having it. :dull:

HA! search and ye shall find!!

Group:FREEDOM

Active Posts:6258(2.86 per day)

Most Active In:General & Off Topic Chat (2565 posts)

Profile Views:1888

Last Active: Today, 15:05Currently:

Offline Member Title:Collecting Gold

Birthday: February 16, 1957

Excuse me........My age is classified

37 :(

Only upside is that insurance is cheap(er).

When I was 19, the car to have was a Vauxhall Nova 1.3 SR. 75 whole HP, no power steering, no electric windows or central locking, no ABS or traction. Great little car. Mine was banana yellow, with a very tasteful (!?) brown check interior.

Kids these days blah blah blah...... :rofl:

I am 32 next week. I had a Fiesta mk 1 for my first car and I LUSTED over a Nova SR, by the time I could afford one and the insurance (aged 18) I bought a Pug 309 1.6 as it was faster. Just wanted the fastest car that I could afford to insure. The most I have ever paid for insurance was the 309 at 750 quid for TPFT, young people these days get absolutely hammered for insurance. I do wish I was 17 again (!), but I certainly wouldnt like the insurance premiums!!!!

Lewwy