TSi 105

Guest Tsi Fly

Guest Tsi Fly

Just fitted my under seat storage boxes and mudflaps to my new Fabia TSi 105. I cant get over how cheap the Skoda accessories are.

Mudflaps £20 a pair and the Underseat storage boxes £8.27 each.

I managed to fit the boxes without removing the seats, the rear fixings for the boxes took a bit of time with the seats in place but that was the only tricky bit.

Now if I could only find any sort of bluetooth that works properly with my iphone 4 I will be made up.

I'm really loving the TSi engine, in the past I've had a Fabia Estate and Roomster Scout 1.9TDi and have just returned to Skoda after 11 months in a Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi 110.

I'm most impressed by the torque from this little engine, it feels on the road not far short of the picasso 1.6 HDI.

Good Times!

Just fitted my under seat storage boxes and mudflaps to my new Fabia TSi 105. I cant get over how cheap the Skoda accessories are.

Mudflaps £20 a pair and the Underseat storage boxes £8.27 each.

I managed to fit the boxes without removing the seats, the rear fixings for the boxes took a bit of time with the seats in place but that was the only tricky bit.

Now if I could only find any sort of bluetooth that works properly with my iphone 4 I will be made up.

I'm really loving the TSi engine, in the past I've had a Fabia Estate and Roomster Scout 1.9TDi and have just returned to Skoda after 11 months in a Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi 110.

I'm most impressed by the torque from this little engine, it feels on the road not far short of the picasso 1.6 HDI.

Good Times!

I just bought my wife a new TSI 85. I was very impressed by this little engine when we did a road test. As well as the suprising amount of torque, the fuel consumption is excellent compared to her old 1.4 16V Fabia 1.

I was very sceptical about a 1.2 engine for car of this size/weight. But the road test opened my eyes.

Just to heap more praise on the tsi engine I test drove the new vRS fabia the other day, I know it's abit different with the vRS but it's still a tsi engine at heart, and I was totally and utterly impressed with it's drive-ability. It was happy to pootle along at 20 or 30 in city traffic and ready and willing to whisk me to great speeds in no time whatsoever.

Guest Tsi Fly

I to love my TSI 85 compared to my old 1.4 16v, it seems nippier even though there is less power.

Also where did you buy your flaps and boxes from.

I bought them from my local dealer Clist & Rattle, they were very helpful.

Sounds like I`m going to enjoy my Tsi 105 a lot then, although its the 5 speed manual version.

I test drove a vRS and I actually didnt like it!!! Nearly crashed it four times by hitting the brakes thnking it had a clutch then kept bumping the paddles whenever I turned the wheel. Already emailed the UK ABT stealers to see how much the ABT re-map would be (i have assumed the can apply the Polo TSi upgrade to my Fab`s engine as its pretty much the same!)

Guest Tsi Fly

In regards to the mudflaps - Is it the front ones you fitted, as I'm thinking of fitting some to my fabia, but the brochure states that skoda fit these but the rear mud flaps you can do yourself.

I fitted front and rear, they're a piece of cake to fit. you just remove the wheel arch liner screws, offer up the mud flaps and then refit the screws through the mud flaps into the existing holes. I didn't need to remove the wheels. Simples!

Does any one know is the 1.2 TSI (77kw) twincharged? I think it is only supplied with an exhaust driven turbo. And does that turbo have variable geometry or not? Thanks.

It is turbo only and has a charge cooler built into the intake manifold. I don't know if it is a variable geometry turbo or not

Hum, wondered why it looked like it was missing an i/c from the front end!

Does anyone do an intercooler upgrade for it yet or will the 1.4 TSi intercooler fit?

Believe it's the same or at least a similar liquid cooled charge air cooler to the 1.4 motor

TP

I fitted front and rear, they're a piece of cake to fit. you just remove the wheel arch liner screws, offer up the mud flaps and then refit the screws through the mud flaps into the existing holes. I didn't need to remove the wheels. Simples!

Perfect, many thanks for your help :thumbup::)

Guest Tsi Fly

So theoretically, the 1.4 motors charge cooler would fit???

No, the 1.4TSi is a 16 valve and the 1.2TSi is an 8 valve. as it shows in the vid, the 1.2 has a charge cooler anyway.

Well after having spent the day yesterday with my car I totally love it. Can defiantely tell when the turbo comes on boost in the first three gears - it suddenly flings you off down the road! Looking at the front end though it does look like it has an intercooler unless a charge cooler looks identical.

Soo much fun to drive and actually very very punchy for such a small engine!

Well after having spent the day yesterday with my car I totally love it. Can defiantely tell when the turbo comes on boost in the first three gears - it suddenly flings you off down the road! Looking at the front end though it does look like it has an intercooler unless a charge cooler looks identical.

Soo much fun to drive and actually very very punchy for such a small engine!

With the 1.2TSI I believe it works in a similar way to the system I'm used to when I worked on RR Merlin's (as fitted to Spitfire aircraft) Charge air passes through a cooler matrix mounted on the engine, giving up it's heat to the liquid passing through the cooler matrix, the liquid then flows to an external cooler matrix (radiator) mounted in the air steam. So in effect you have two radiator style matrix's rather than one as with air cooled charge air cooling systems.

TP

What's an i/c?

Intercooler - its used to cool the intake air after it has passed through the turbo (i.e compressed and heated) and before it goes into the engine, thereby increasing air density and power output.

On both the 1.4Tsi and 1.2 Tsi, the intercooler is water cooled and mounted in the inlet manifold at the back of the engine. Effectively its a water cooled inlet manifold/intercooler combined. This is a good idea as the volume of air between the turbo and the inlet valves is very small, reducing turbo lag very significantly as the turbo doesnt need to pump up several litres of air to achieve the desired boost pressure.

Edited by xman

ok now I am really really confused my car looks like it has a small intercooler type rad fitted in front of or immediately above another large radiator at the front of the car but I cant see any other coolers anywhere in the back of the enigne bay and Ive spent half an hour poking around my engine bay.

Just wondering as well, my car has a pair of smallish (about 15-20 mm) metal pipes running through a hole in the frame next to the suspesnion strut tower on the drives side, but the hole they are going through has been padded out with black foam wrapped in clear plastic - is it supposed to be there??????

ok now I am really really confused my car looks like it has a small intercooler type rad fitted in front of or immediately above another large radiator at the front of the car but I cant see any other coolers anywhere in the back of the engine bay and Ive spent half an hour poking around my engine bay.

Sorry, I forgot to say the intercooler is actually mounted in the inlet manifold. Look at the back of the engine (if you can) where the inlet manifold should be and there is a box mounted on the head with two water pipes attached to it. Thats it.

I dont know if the water cooling system is separate from the engine cooling but I expect its not.

Watch the Youtube link posted earlier to get a clear picture.

The rad in front of the main engine rad is the a/c condensor.

Edited by xman

ahhh, will have to get under car then - even though its a tiny engine you cant see anything in the bay.

And no awful massive plastic engine cover on it either - all gleaming bare metal (pic coming soon!!!)

Guest Tsi Fly

do you have the part numbers for the seat trays please?

The Part numbers.

6Y0881577A47H

6Y0881578A47H

I don't have the part numbers for the 4 screws and captive nuts as they were on back order so I used self tapping screws and spire nuts.

worked a treat.