My latest goings on..........

Evening all,

I promised some pics of the car and bits once it was clean so today I thought it time to treat the car to a good wash n that seen as its been a month since she was done last due to work.

We shall start with the good.

Due to previouse trouble Ive really gone back to a std ish front, no LCR splitter and no Milotec grills. (LCR splitter is waiting to go on but I am kind of liking the front as is for now lol)

Scrubs up quite well I think, just a good snowfoam and 2 washes then a good going over with NXT2 as the weather seemed to be closing in.

IMG00060-20100908-1455.jpg

As I said in other posts I went back on to the std air box for a while and thought it was just as good but when you go back to the CAI it actually shows how pants it is so long as you have the correct filter. The old PX one was rubbish hence why I took it off. Now on to a nice K&N one and OMG its ace, not as noisy as the PX but very nice. I also painted the ebay CAI pipe black to match and got hold of some black silicone 3 and 4 ply pipes.

am thinking of sticking the K&N badge on the CAI pipe but not sure on that yet.

IMG00056-20100908-1454.jpg

IMG00057-20100908-1454.jpg

IMG00059-20100908-1454.jpg

Now for the bad bits:

As ive posted in the off topic section I took my MINT 2 year old Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 rims in to a certain place in town to get some nice new Falken 452's fitted. My first good set of rubber as all the rest have been budget that came on the rims. (other than the contis on the car as new)

Due to previouse trouble the rims were removed in Feb/Mar as one had a crack in it which after some trying Rim Stock finally sorted it and sent me a new rim. As said before these rims had never been curbed, scuffed or potholed, hence why Rim Stock changed the rim after 18 month.

anyway, this is what I found while checking at the fitters:

IMG00044-20100907-1122.jpg

IMG00043-20100907-1122.jpg

IMG00046-20100907-1125.jpg

Not HAPPY!

I left the wheel with them to sort, not sure how good it will be but lets see.

Returned home and started to remove the soap they used and this is what I found on another rim

Hope one will polish out but the bigger one wont as its gone through the laquer.

IMG00048-20100907-1534.jpg

IMG00047-20100907-1534.jpg

Also this is the damage they done to the backs:

IMG00051-20100907-1733.jpg

IMG00050-20100907-1733.jpg

IMG00049-20100907-1733.jpg

Now for the Most SERIOUS:

IMG00052-20100908-1341.jpg

IMG00054-20100908-1342.jpg

Ive found one hell of a lot of these all over the roof(the blured one) and some on the bonnet, the mark behind is a stone chip. They are only 1mm in size but I am stumped as to what has caused them? it is rust tho

Any Ideas?

cheers

Billy

ps just to add, the small stone chip has been there since 2006, I know coz I went balistick when I found it.

Edited by billy2981

Ive found one hell of a lot of these all over the roof(the blured one) and some on the bonnet, the mark behind is a stone chip. They are only 1mm in size but I am stumped as to what has caused them? it is rust tho

Any Ideas?

Has someone been welding or angle-grinding near your car? Boss had a Sierra years ago that was left in the workshop & had hundreds of marks like that over it; caused by the 'spray' from an angle-grinder. The tiny bits of hot metal melt into the paint & then go rusty. He was not happy!

Edited by The Ors

Jez Billy , not good.

seem your TD'd are doomed matey.

I would possibly agree on the rust spot could be caused by some local welding splatters at a garage.

P.S why have you gone back to standard grills and taken the Milotecs off??

You will be putting standard bonnet grill back on soon. :doh:

Is this a slow bid to moving the car on....... :o

Edited by Bowders1

emoticon-0106-crying.gif someone been trying to eat your wheels mate?

im very aware they use a bar to lever tyres off and as p........rickfit did on the weekend with the alteas rims :punch: they bounced it off the fecking rim............ lucky "for them" there was no damage . but thats not always gna be the case.

but i dunno about the lil collection you got???? maybe they didnt like you :finger: lets linch them, who done it mate?

Billy, those TD's are ruined now mate, I can arrange free disposal for you :D :D :D :D gutting about the aparent angle grinding swarf damage though, do you have any idea where it could have happened?

You have a nice looking car Billy, engine bay looks good. Are you saying a CAI gives better response than a std airbox, if so what make is your cone

filter K&N ?

Peter

Yea mate, The PX filter was crap. My car was mapped with the CAI on tho so might be a big factor.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68445-kn-rc-5131-performance-air-filter-universal-chrome-filter.aspx

Thats the Filter I got. its the right size for the Ebay CAI pipe which is the same diam as the std MAF. (70mm iirc)

Cheers for the compliments mate, she is ok despite my best efforts people just dont seem to care and seem determind to rec other peoples things.

Billy ,got any pics with the silver pro race 1.2's on? Im thinking of putting mine in to get refurbed in silver

Yea mate, they look luch IMHO

HPIM0820.jpg

2642_76299415239_713485239_27428-1.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

Just as a comparrison as to the std CAI and the painted one:

HPIM0839.jpg

IMG00059-20100908-1454.jpg

Billy

just a thought? :wonder: the tyre place isnt somewhere that would use any cutting stuff or anything?

Na mate the rims were taken down in my Missus Hyundai Coupe coz I had 2 falken 912 put on the front of that.

Must say I love her car too........

drives very nice

Has someone been welding or angle-grinding near your car? Boss had a Sierra years ago that was left in the workshop & had hundreds of marks like that over it; caused by the 'spray' from an angle-grinder. The tiny bits of hot metal melt into the paint & then go rusty. He was not happy!

Yea Ill bet, all I can think is Longlife when I took it in to get it adjusted, or there is the fella next door that comes home and does S***. dont think he would of done it near my car tho seen as its a fair few meters from his house. Would of thought that it would of cooled enough by then.

Jez Billy , not good.

seem your TD'd are doomed matey.

I would possibly agree on the rust spot could be caused by some local welding splatters at a garage.

P.S why have you gone back to standard grills and taken the Milotecs off??

You will be putting standard bonnet grill back on soon. :doh:

Is this a slow bid to moving the car on....... :o

I am hoping that a good clay and polish then seal will sort the rust spots out? Must be Cardiff, but there doesnt seem to be anyone round here I can trust to do any work on her.

I gone back to std grills coz some scrote in Newport pinched one of the side vents! Was thinking it fell out but they been in for months and never moved so couldnt of just fallen out. Wont be going back to std bonnet grill neither, thinking of making a new one too lol. Gonna get the new LCR splitter on later on, when I get board of the front again which wont take long I shouldnt of thought

As for the last bit, I am insulted lol :smirk:

;)

no its not mate, I love the car to bits and its still awesome. just needs a lot more work to sort out again.

emoticon-0106-crying.gif someone been trying to eat your wheels mate?

im very aware they use a bar to lever tyres off and as p........rickfit did on the weekend with the alteas rims :punch: they bounced it off the fecking rim............ lucky "for them" there was no damage . but thats not always gna be the case.

but i dunno about the lil collection you got???? maybe they didnt like you :finger: lets linch them, who done it mate?

That is a posibility, Soon as I get the wheel back Ill be naming and shaming, just depending on how good the job is depends on how far I go lol

Billy, those TD's are ruined now mate, I can arrange free disposal for you :D :D :D :D gutting about the aparent angle grinding swarf damage though, do you have any idea where it could have happened?

Not a clue mate, I know, cant believe Ive had them for over 2 year now and they been on the car for the first 17/18 months of that and they were in MINT condition bar the one that had a fault in the metal. then for some cowboy fitters to F*** them up is not good. I am still p1553d thinking about it.

Billy

Edited by billy2981

Yea Ill bet, all I can think is Longlife when I took it in to get it adjusted, or there is the fella next door that comes home and does S***. dont think he would of done it near my car tho seen as its a fair few meters from his house. Would of thought that it would of cooled enough by then.

I am hoping that a good clay and polish then seal will sort the rust spots out? Must be Cardiff, but there doesnt seem to be anyone round here I can trust to do any work on her.

I gone back to std grills coz some scrote in Newport pinched one of the side vents! Was thinking it fell out but they been in for months and never moved so couldnt of just fallen out. Wont be going back to std bonnet grill neither, thinking of making a new one too lol. Gonna get the new LCR splitter on later on, when I get board of the front again which wont take long I shouldnt of thought

As for the last bit, I am insulted lol :smirk:

;)

no its not mate, I love the car to bits and its still awesome. just needs a lot more work to sort out again.

That is a posibility, Soon as I get the wheel back Ill be naming and shaming, just depending on how good the job is depends on how far I go lol

Not a clue mate, I know, cant believe Ive had them for over 2 year now and they been on the car for the first 17/18 months of that and they were in MINT condition bar the one that had a fault in the metal. then for some cowboy fitters to F*** them up is not good. I am still p1553d thinking about it.

Billy

Hi Billy, If you need anything mechanical done City Service Centre in Cardiff are really good, been using them for years. Very knowledgeable & friendly. They also use a bloke who works for VW for paintwork, & he's very good too. I've seen a few examples of his work, & he's 1st class.

Edited by pauldazzle

UPDATE:

got the wheel back after a long day yesterday.

Ill post pics up in a bit of the car with them back on. OMG tho what a difference it makes to the feel. only went round the block and to the Pizza place down near Maindy Bks but straight away you can feel the diff in weight! the car just feels so much lighter and more responsive. One thing I am a tad miffed at tho is the Falken 452 do seem a tad noisier than the Mayrun MR800 on the R32 rims and they do tramline a fair bit. Must just be Falken coz my GF Coupe does it with the 912 falkens on.

The refurb on the TD rim is ok but nothing really like the std TD finish. you cant really notice unless you feel it and look very carefully. It will do till I can get them all done in a year or so.

Lewis Motors, Cardiff are the ones who did it. Nice lads and they are friendly but end of the day they should of taken more care!

Ill put it down to a mistake but I wont be going back for anything. Ill pay a few extra £ and get my next wheels sorted at First stop A&A tyres near the new Cardiff City stadium where I get the alignment done.

pics on way: