Week 47?

Hi all,

This will probably come accross as a very dumb question but bear with me!

I placed an order for a diesel Scout from a local dealer at the end of June. At the time, I expected there to be delays after reading various threads on the forum. The salesman at the time stated he would contact me at the end July/beginning of August with details of build dates etc. He believed that a delivery date of early October was realistic.

Having not heard anything since June, I have spoken to the Dealers today to find out that the Build date is "Week 47" - I am right in thinking that this would be early December before the damn thing is even built?

Thanks

Wild Rover

It'll be built in the last week in November. You might get it before the end of the year but I'd say you are looking at a Jan delivery.

Thanks for that James - the dealer was muttering something about "compensation" and "free extras" but as you can imagine I am very disappointed. Sadly, there does not appear to be much on the second hand market either.

As a consolation, I'm sure I read a thread a few weeks ago about technical improvements being made in Wk45. Certainly DSG is available for the Scout from then.

This one mentions the changes:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/164973-upcoming-improvements-to-octavia-road-noise-insulation/page__st__20

There was delays to the Octavia 4x4/Scout when we changed from MY10 to MY11 cars.

My advice is to phone Skoda customer serviced on 08457 745 745, log your dissapointment with them that the car has been delayed and they will give you a case reference number which you need to keep.

• 2 months later...

Thought I would give this topic a bump just to get things off my chest.

After the build date was reduced slightly to week 45 (this week) I gave the dealer a call yesterday to check on progress.

Imagine my surprise when I was informed that the build date has been pushed back to week 51.

The communication from the dealer throughout the whole process has been less than satisfactory - i'm assuming they wouldn't have notified me of the change if I hadn't have chased them.

It's getting to the stage now where I am seriously considering contemplating cancelling the whole damn thing. Bloody annoyed!

After the build date was reduced slightly to week 45 (this week) I gave the dealer a call yesterday to check on progress.

Imagine my surprise when I was informed that the build date has been pushed back to week 51.

The communication from the dealer throughout the whole process has been less than satisfactory - i'm assuming they wouldn't have notified me of the change if I hadn't have chased them.

It's getting to the stage now where I am seriously considering contemplating cancelling the whole damn thing. Bloody annoyed!

The mind boggles! How the hell do Skoda operate their production lines as i have heard now of loads of people whose cars go from this week to that week, back to this week and then further forward..... I dont understand!

You're not the only one mate, ordered a Scout CR end of June and currently on build week 1. I have kept badgering Skoda Customer Services to get an updated build date, this is the timeline so far:

30th July - week 42 :rofl:

4th August - amended order - added Maxidot and spare wheel (no big deal)

23rd August - week 50 :o

15th September - week 48 :thumbup:

1st October - week 49 :thumbdown:

8th October - week 50 :thumbdown:

15th October - week 49 :thumbup:

29th October - week 1 :thumbdown:

5th November - week 1 :wonder:

12th November - week 1 :wonder:

(I am no doubt Skoda are sick of me mithering! :giggle: )

I have contacted my dealer a couple of weeks ago and they didn't volunatarily offer a loan car until I mentioned that Skoda have contingency plans for long lead time). Anything over 18 weeks from order are entitled to the loan car. I want the loan car as my part-ex is depreciating all the time. Maybe a loan car costing Skoda £7.50 a day may bring the build date forward?

You're not the only one mate, ordered a Scout CR end of June and currently on build week 1. I have kept badgering Skoda Customer Services to get an updated build date, this is the timeline so far:

30th July - week 42 :rofl:

4th August - amended order - added Maxidot and spare wheel (no big deal)

23rd August - week 50 :o

15th September - week 48 :thumbup:

1st October - week 49 :thumbdown:

8th October - week 50 :thumbdown:

15th October - week 49 :thumbup:

29th October - week 1 :thumbdown:

5th November - week 1 :wonder:

12th November - week 1 :wonder:

(I am no doubt Skoda are sick of me mithering! :giggle: )

I have contacted my dealer a couple of weeks ago and they didn't volunatarily offer a loan car until I mentioned that Skoda have contingency plans for long lead time). Anything over 18 weeks from order are entitled to the loan car. I want the loan car as my part-ex is depreciating all the time. Maybe a loan car costing Skoda £7.50 a day may bring the build date forward?

Can they adjust the p/ex price to take into account the delays? I certainly hope not! It's bad enough having to fork out for some more road tax at the end of this month!

All the build dates slipped recently when there was a major flood at one of the key suppliers to Skoda. They had 2 choices, keep going at the current pace and run out of parts and make no cars, or slow down keep making cars and run at that pace until the supplier is back up and running.

Hopefully things should improve as we head towards the new year, with Roomster production moving factories to vrchlabi as the MK1 octavia is no longer made there, things should improve.

If you had ordered a Superb or Yeti a few weeks ago you would have been looking at a lead time of nearly 6 months from order.

Build dates are not set in stone until around 1 week before production, and can change at anytime before that.

Can they adjust the p/ex price to take into account the delays? I certainly hope not! It's bad enough having to fork out for some more road tax at the end of this month!

I's upto the individual dealer I suppose as they are protecting their own interests.

Hi all,

This will probably come accross as a very dumb question but bear with me!

I placed an order for a diesel Scout from a local dealer at the end of June. At the time, I expected there to be delays after reading various threads on the forum. The salesman at the time stated he would contact me at the end July/beginning of August with details of build dates etc. He believed that a delivery date of early October was realistic.

Having not heard anything since June, I have spoken to the Dealers today to find out that the Build date is "Week 47" - I am right in thinking that this would be early December before the damn thing is even built?

Thanks

Wild Rover

Hi,

I ordered my scout late June too from Thompson & Potter in Burrelton Scotland - first date given was delivery 1 week of October 2010, this then slipped to 1st week of December 2010.

Now have been told by my dealer build date is 22 November 2010 week 47 with delivery week before Christmas, but also have been told by Skoda Customer services it is 29 November 2010 week 48 but no delivery forecast.

I would have ordered DSG if it had been available in time. Have to admit I'm not hopeful of delivery before Christmas, so might ask dealer if DSG can be added to my order - don't see why not if it is now available and they haven't even started to build the car yet!!

Can't fault the dealership they have been fine but appear to be as in the dark as the rest of us re build and delivery dates. Michael the salesman is doing his best to keep me informed but its the factory that keep moving the goal posts. So not much he can do apart from keep asking.

Also be aware that the build date forecast is not set in stone until 1 week before its due to start, Skoda customer services and Michael at the dealership have said they will confirm at that point but cannot guarrantee anything at this point.

Good luck - like you I am getting frustrated with all the changes and the wait, but seems like everyone who has already taken delivery are well satisfied with their Scouts, Skoda have told me that the deal as agreed stands even if the car is delivered after the Jan 4th VAT rise.

regards

Jasper

Does delivery time has anything to do with which country you order from? I see that most people in this forum who have long delivery times are from UK...

My Scout took 6 weeks from ordering to delivery at the dealer. I will pick it up on thursday, meaning that dealer has kept the car for 2 weeks. 8 weeks from order to pick-up.

I was wondering whether right-side steering could have anything to do with delivery times? Maybe there is shorter delivery times on cars with left-side steering?

My dealer told me when ordering that if I am really unlucky(seldom happens) I would have to wait for 3,5 months for the car. If I was lucky I would have it after 2 months. Normal delivery was 2-3 months.

Edited by krimatt

As has been previously mentioned.

Mine is due week 47, which is next week ( w/c 21 /11), been advise delivery is 2-3 weeks, and to check with dealer Mon / Tue of this week to definately confirm build for next week.

I am working on pickup dates as follows - Niceto have = 17 Dec, Realisticly = W/c 20 Dec.

Compo is in 2 bands 18 weeks( £150) & 25 weeks (£300) - What & how you get it needs to be agreed with dealer.

I am expecting the £300 band so am looking to see if I can put it towards my 1st 2 services.

Hi,

I ordered my scout late June too from Thompson & Potter in Burrelton Scotland - first date given was delivery 1 week of October 2010, this then slipped to 1st week of December 2010.

Now have been told by my dealer build date is 22 November 2010 week 47 with delivery week before Christmas, but also have been told by Skoda Customer services it is 29 November 2010 week 48 but no delivery forecast.

I would have ordered DSG if it had been available in time. Have to admit I'm not hopeful of delivery before Christmas, so might ask dealer if DSG can be added to my order - don't see why not if it is now available and they haven't even started to build the car yet!!

Can't fault the dealership they have been fine but appear to be as in the dark as the rest of us re build and delivery dates. Michael the salesman is doing his best to keep me informed but its the factory that keep moving the goal posts. So not much he can do apart from keep asking.

Also be aware that the build date forecast is not set in stone until 1 week before its due to start, Skoda customer services and Michael at the dealership have said they will confirm at that point but cannot guarrantee anything at this point.

Good luck - like you I am getting frustrated with all the changes and the wait, but seems like everyone who has already taken delivery are well satisfied with their Scouts, Skoda have told me that the deal as agreed stands even if the car is delivered after the Jan 4th VAT rise.

regards

Jasper

I reckon IF you try to add DSG now the dealer will probably say you cant. But if they do allow it then it will put your order back a lot further. And if you are adding the DSG gearbox, that includes maxidot and multi function steering wheel so why not throw bluetooth in as well.

I ordered my 1.6 tdi state on the 19 of March 2010 ( this was the date Skoda Portugal actually ordered the car, not 2 weeks earlier at the dealer when I signed papers to make order)

Was picked up on the 06 of July 2010