Hit a pheasant at ~60mph

yegnold

Hit a pheasant yesterday at 60mph(ish) and it hit the driver's side headlight unit square on. No glass or plastic breakage but the two plastic clips at the top of the headlight that hold it in have snapped.

Will it be OK to take the unit out and superglue them back up?

:)

Forget the headlight. Cook the Pheasant slowly in rhubard and cider, lovely. :thumbup:

That's Poaching. The car behind can as it's then classed as Road-kill. :yes:

Stupid Phucking Pheasants! :swear:

I'd say you were unlucky mate.

I hit a pheasant once at 110mph in my Scooby, apart from a small mark where the beak had hit the spoiler, and plenty of mess underneath the car, there was no other damage.

My own theory is that the smooth flat-four warble of the scooby probably lulled the pheasant into a kind of trance state just prior to impact, making it relax just enough to avoid smashing my front valance into a million pieces.

I was doing 70 on a long straight motorway, a crow was in the middle of the road

It sort of looked over its shoulder at me, and decided to take off, it was about four foot off the ground when I arrived

just missed the windscreen then a big bang and my roof arial was gone, and I left with a big hole in the roof

Ross is back at Skoda now Ed, he may be able to source you couple of clips? And I hope it wasnt my xmas dinner that you ran over!!!

Thanks, but for the time being a temporary superglue solution has sorted me out. Looking to plastic weld next week, and look in to a longer term fix later in the year.

Which dealership is he at? The one in Malvern (or Powick)?

I was doing 70 on a long straight motorway, a crow was in the middle of the road

It sort of looked over its shoulder at me, and decided to take off, it was about four foot off the ground when I arrived

just missed the windscreen then a big bang and my roof arial was gone, and I left with a big hole in the roof

So theres some crow flying around now with a car aerial stuck from its bum?

B) I used to do courier work in the area, so although the whole area is commonly called "Powick", the actual position of the village is down by the petrol station; once you are passed the traffic lights it becomes "Bowling Green"; hence the name of the Skoda garage.

I know a few horror stories about the new houses on the old mental hospital site if anyone is interested :giggle: