Maidstone Meet Novermber 2010

lfc958

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the new people looking to turn up, some useful info

Arrival is 7:30 - 8 pm

Food is decent , but you dont have to eat.

Enter the pub, walk to the bar, then turn right & got the room at the ned of the pub past the kitchen.

Lookout for a black Fleece & see if there is a Briskoda logo on it ( I will take mine )

Anyone heard from Ant, Beryl and Chicken? Was hoping to catch up at the meet, as haven't seen or heard from the guys in a while.

I'm still around! Been a little preoccupied with things this side, so not been on Briskoda much. :)

Planning to be there this meet, I know I've missed several months now!

Hope you're well mate. See you next Sat.

Current list:

vRSsunroof

vRS Turbo + 2

javi20xe + 1

B33fy

brett_j

lfc958

mdk1

Gareth_1.8T

ThePelletWaggler

Chris GB

1uk3m4n

Matt Bodycombe

STIGY_VRS_FABIA

Ant.

grr666

How many of you are 100% coming?

For the Bluewater lot I guess we should get there for 6:00-6:30pm for a 6:30-7:00pm leave?

The car park we're meeting in is the middle floor outside of the cinema entrance, if you go right round the back anti-clockwise and take the last car-park entrance before you get onto the back straight with the speed bumps, take the second level and turn right instantly into the first car-park you see when entering. It's usually the quietest lit car-park. :thumbup:

Edited by vRS Turbo

Current list:

vRSsunroof

vRS Turbo + 2

javi20xe + 1

B33fy

brett_j

lfc958

mdk1

Gareth_1.8T

ThePelletWaggler

Chris GB

1uk3m4n

Matt Bodycombe

STIGY_VRS_FABIA

Ant.

grr666

Beryls chief pilot

For the Bluewater lot I guess we should get there for 6:00-6:30pm for a 6:30-7:00pm leave?

The car park we're meeting in is the middle floor outside of the cinema entrance, if you go right round the back anti-clockwise and take the last car-park entrance before you get onto the back straight with the speed bumps, take the second level and turn right instantly into the first car-park you see when entering. It's usually the quietest lit car-park. :thumbup:

I'll be coming from home, Betsham (between longfield & bluewater) It'll take you guys around 20 mins to get there from Bluewater if the traffic's ok.

I think Sunroof looked at a count of 5 people & thought that meant 5 o'clock, is that right Phil? And you're more than welcome to lay in any puddles to check if Beryl's gonna ground anywhere ............... :giggle:

Edited by Beryls Chief Pilot

Suits me, hopefully I'll not be working cos the car is proper scummy at the moment.

I must clean it soon.

I am going to be there, maybe with Mrs Grr in tow since I just HAD to spend the last 2 hours

freezing my butt off in a damp muddy field looking at fireworks... :dull:

I reminded her that successful relationships are built on give and take. :D

Cos she'd rather pluck her own eyes out with a teaspoon than come to a car meet.

I thought that this might be a bit less of a bonnets up and tyre kicking fest than the usual sort of thing.

That's what I told her anyway ;)

Edited by grr666

I think Sunroof looked at a count of 5 people & thought that meant 5 o'clock...

Ah I get it now..............

moving on, don't worry Phil, I'm sure you can still sit in the corner. Gary reassure swmbo there will be plenty of teaspoons available.

Suits me, hopefully I'll not be working cos the car is proper scummy at the moment.

I must clean it soon.

I am going to be there, maybe with Mrs Grr in tow since I just HAD to spend the last 2 hours

freezing my butt off in a damp muddy field looking at fireworks... :dull:

I reminded her that successful relationships are built on give and take. :D

Cos she'd rather pluck her own eyes out with a teaspoon than come to a car meet.

I thought that this might be a bit less of a bonnets up and tyre kicking fest than the usual sort of thing.

That's what I told her anyway ;)

Oh dear Gary, we were going to put some chairs in the centre of the car park & stretch a tarp across the raised bonnets so we would be able to get some shelter & peer at mechanicals at the same time.

Looks like she's not gonna be happy?!! On the plus side........I've just got enough sparklers to go round :rofl::rofl::rofl: