Sunroof on Superb update

2slo

Whilst enquiring about my car's build date with the dealer today (see forecast dates vs actual thread) I asked about the possibility of adding the panorama sunroof to my order (as it was previously suggested by the dealer that this might be possible)

I'm told SUK have advised UK dealers that the pan roof is now not going to be reintroduced to the options list in the foreseeable future. Unlucky for me and anyone else who wanted this as we aren't going to get it. :envy:

Mark.

It is a great pity that the panoramic sunroof has been deleted. I have it in my V6 wagon delivered here in Australian in August. The naysayers kept telling me that because my car is Black Magic, the sunroof would make the car unbearably hot in our really hot season. Although only mid October, we have had a few hot days (30 degrees C) but I have found that the athermic glass actually seems to keep the cabin relatively cool. The sliding blind is actually a type of shade cloth that allows some light but very little heat to pass through. The car is appreciably cooler than my black Citroen C5 that has no sunroof.

One word of warning with any sunroof (not just the panoramic style) - make sure that you check the rubber seals for twigs and leaves before closing as this is a way for water to enter if you are not careful. I left my sunroof partially open one night only to require some careful removal of plant rubbish that had fallen from an overhanging tree.

Hello gwundu

Its a wonder you didn't have some unwanted livestock crawl inside your interior overnight, as your country has a lot of livestock that can kill you. LOLemoticon-0149-no.gif

Thanks for word of caution on the sunroof. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Whilst enquiring about my car's build date with the dealer today (see forecast dates vs actual thread) I asked about the possibility of adding the panorama sunroof to my order (as it was previously suggested by the dealer that this might be possible)

I'm told SUK have advised UK dealers that the pan roof is now not going to be reintroduced to the options list in the foreseeable future. Unlucky for me and anyone else who wanted this as we aren't going to get it. :envy:

Mark.

Is this for all markets or just the UK and possibly Australia ?

It still appears as an option here in Portugal.

Any reason given as to why it has been or may be discontinued ?

Any reason given as to why it has been or may be discontinued ?

Apparently the sunroofs are outsourced to a third party supplier who couldn't keep up with demand. That's the official reason. Some posts on the Yeti section of this forum suggested the sunroofs may not all be watertight. Possibly only an isolated few. Don't know if this has any bearing on the withdrawel of the option. Doubtful if Skoda would ever admit it. I'm just sorry I can't order one.

Edited by 2slo

I hope the one I've ordered is well sealed and waterproof. Otherwise, Skoda will have to find a solution.

If the water leakage rumours are true, I can't believe how Skoda has introduced them into the market without the pertaining quality controls .... :wonder:

As far as I can tell, the panoramic sunroof on the Superb is the same sunroof used by Audi. If there was a problem with leakage, Audi would have the problem to (?).

The sunroof is still available as an option here in Sweden.

/P

As far as I can tell, the panoramic sunroof on the Superb is the same sunroof used by Audi. If there was a problem with leakage, Audi would have the problem to (?).

/P

Like Portugal emoticon-0114-dull.gif

The sunroof is still available as an option here in Sweden. /P

Like Portugal

That seems strange to me. Whilst I am not doubting your comments can I ask, have you or anyone you know actually ordered a Superb with a panoramic sunroof in the last few weeks?

Whilst the steering wheels are on different sides, these are otherwise virtually identical cars coming from the same factory just going to different countries. I suspect that if you tried to order a car with a pan roof now you might be disappointed.

Certainly there are cars being delivered now in lots of countries with pan roofs, but they will have been ordered many months ago.

If that's wrong and you can get a pan roof on a car ordered now in Sweden or Portugal but not in the UK, then Skoda ought to offer some explanation as it wouldn't make any sense.

Mark.

That seems strange to me. Whilst I am not doubting your comments can I ask, have you or anyone you know actually ordered a Superb with a panoramic sunroof in the last few weeks?

Whilst the steering wheels are on different sides, these are otherwise virtually identical cars coming from the same factory just going to different countries. I suspect that if you tried to order a car with a pan roof now you might be disappointed.

Certainly there are cars being delivered now in lots of countries with pan roofs, but they will have been ordered many months ago.

If that's wrong and you can get a pan roof on a car ordered now in Sweden or Portugal but not in the UK, then Skoda ought to offer some explanation as it wouldn't make any sense.

Mark.

I've just ordered mine with pan roof in Spain (the 4th of October). In fact, the Superb Combi with "Exclusive" equipment (that's the top equipment commercially available in Spain for the SC) comes with the sun roof from factory.

Mark.

I'll try and check with my local dealer here in Portugal tomorrow Mark .

I've just ordered mine with pan roof in Spain (the 4th of October). In fact, the Superb Combi with "Exclusive" equipment (that's the top equipment commercially available in Spain for the SC) comes with the sun roof from factory.

Thank you ecejmpe and Stormbird. I've emailed Skoda Uk with the following:

I have a Superb combi on order and would have liked to order the panoramic sunroof. I'm told by the dealer that this option has been withdrawn from the uk options list for the Superb. It appears that some European countries still have access to the Panoramic sunroof as either a standard fit item or as an option. Can you explain this? If it is correct why can UK customers not order this option?

Thank you.

I will post their reply as and when I get it.

Mark.

Thank you ecejmpe and Stormbird. I've emailed Skoda Uk with the following:

I have a Superb combi on order and would have liked to order the panoramic sunroof. I'm told by the dealer that this option has been withdrawn from the uk options list for the Superb. It appears that some European countries still have access to the Panoramic sunroof as either a standard fit item or as an option. Can you explain this? If it is correct why can UK customers not order this option?

Thank you.

I will post their reply as and when I get it.

Mark.

It is still an option in the online configurator here in Norway. :wonder:

Hi Mark - tried speaking to the sales guys at Skoda today but they were all out - all day - wizzing potential clients around. Either Skodas are selling well or everyone has got wind that VAG are going to start de-specing the cars soon and want to buy in now or ...... ..... it's just Friday.

Will try next week.

Hi Mark - tried speaking to the sales guys at Skoda today but they were all out - all day - wizzing potential clients around. Either Skodas are selling well or everyone has got wind that VAG are going to start de-specing the cars soon and want to buy in now or ...... ..... it's just Friday.

Will try next week.

Thanks. Skoda haven't replied to my email yet. I'm interested to hear what they say (if they reply) but I'd be quite amazed if they said anything like 'terribly sorry, our mistake, please order a pan roof now' :no:

Mark.

Mark.

I ordered my Superb last week with the panoramic sunroof.

They are even running comercials on tv that highlights the sunroof.

/P

I ordered my Superb last week with the panoramic sunroof.

They are even running comercials on tv that highlights the sunroof.

/P

How long were you quoted for delivery?

I placed my order last 4th of October and the preliminary production week for mine is W44 (hopefully).

I ordered my Superb last week with the panoramic sunroof. Got week 51 as the preliminary build week and delivery in January.

Well this is making me think that Skoda customers in the Uk are being seriously shortchanged. My car has an expected lead time of 5 months and I can't order a panoramic sunroof. In Sweden delivery is quoted as 6 weeks earlier than that with a sunroof. Order the same car in Spain and get it in 5 weeks again with the sunroof.

Anyone got any ideas? Is it because UK customers order RHD and most other countries take LHD cars? That still wouldn't explain why other countries can still order the pan roof as that isn't dependant on where the steering wheel is.

Mark.

Are those times from order to delivery or just to the build week? you can probably knock 3 weeks off a delivery date for Sweden as the cars would not (I assume) need to go on a boat, this would obviously not apply to Spain - it will be interesting to see the actual delivery times.

As you know I emailed SUK with the following a few days ago:

Thank you.

They replied today with this:

I confirm safe receipt of your e-mail dated the 14th October 2010.

Sales of Yeti and Superb Estate in the UK continue to outperform our expectations, and a high percentage of these have been

ordered with panoramic sunroof. This demand has led to supply difficulties with these models.

We have therefore decided to suspend ordering of panoramic sunroof until further notice, whilst we clear the current backlog.

Please accept my apologies if this causes you any disappointment.

Thank you for contacting Skoda Customer Services.

Kind Regards

So either the respondant hasn't read the question or, more likely I think, they've deliberately avoided answering what I've asked. I'm not really surprised, I just needed to try.

Mark.