Ashtray Compartment on FL Octavia

D@z

I read somewhere that in the Facelift Octavias there is now a nice little storage compartment rather than the (in my case) useless ashtray?

can any of you FL crowd confirm and possibly post a few pics?

cheers!

I read somewhere that in the Facelift Octavias there is now a nice little storage compartment rather than the (in my case) useless ashtray?

can any of you FL crowd confirm and possibly post a few pics?

cheers!

Yes it is. Lined with felt.

On the plus side you have an extra storage bin but on the negative, I found the ashtray in my old one useful as a bin for sticky sweetie papers. Can't do that now.

Can't post pics! Just take out your ashtray insert and imagine the space that is left lined with felt - that is what it is like.

Yes it is. Lined with felt.

Can't post pics! Just take out your ashtray insert and imagine the space that is left lined with felt - that is what it is like.

The fact that it's lined, nearly (but not quite) makes up for the fact that the one on the right hand side of the steering wheel is no longer lined!

The fact that it's lined, nearly (but not quite) makes up for the fact that the one on the right hand side of the steering wheel is no longer lined!

True but it is not too difficult to cut a piece of felt to fit the drivers side compartment

The lining with flammable felt and substitution of the cancer stick lighter with a mere plastic '12V' cap were the innovative design highlights of my new FL Octy. Heh heh.. :giggle: That'll stop my smoking friends and relatives in pursuing their disgusting habit, and what's more, I get to breathe easy in my wondrous new Transport of Delight.

As for the pocket below the right of the steering column, I use that to stash my diabetic test kit which I use before turning the ignition key and every two hours on the road - the consequences of driving with low blood sugars being rather scary and no different from drunk driving - you might kill someone, and the charge (seriously) is driving under the influence of drugs - namely, insulin....

And if the un-lined rattly pocket annoys you, just use it to stash your windscreen chammy pad. The loose change for the inevitable exhorbitant car park fees goes in the side seat pocket.

Edited by Mean Mr Mustard

It's lined with felt on my 2010 Elegance just like it was on my 2006 Elegance.

Could this be an unlisted luxury extra in the Elegance?

A couple of years ago I drove an Octavia Ambiente courtesy car. Surprised to see that the central cup holder was hard rattly plastic and didn't have a rubber insert in the bottom like my old Elegance (and the new one).

You and me the same. I think the light in that compartment (in front of the gear stick - and the illumination for the 12V socket between the seats) has been removed from the FL cars - although since I can't figure out how to remove either the light cover or the compartment itself, (or the 12v power socket) I don't know whether the electrical supply is there to allow retrofit or not. Any ideas?