K&N induction kit

Hi, am thinking of getting the following for my car:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-57i-Induction-Kit-Skoda-OCTAVIA-RS-20v-01-57-0430-/290456403695?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a08cfeef#ht_1879wt_1140

Is it easy to fit? I changed the air filter and MAF myself last time, cant be much harder can it?

Finally ive heard theres some better ones out there but are they more expensive and harder to fit?

Really fancy one of these for the vrooooooom vroooooooom :D

Guest westallc

look up abd cold air intake easy to fit ;-)

looks the nuts sounds the nuts and relocates airfilter out of hot engine bay...

ye that'll work just slap a decent k&n cone filter on instead of that filter thats supplied

Hi, am thinking of getting the following for my car:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-57i-Induction-Kit-Skoda-OCTAVIA-RS-20v-01-57-0430-/290456403695?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a08cfeef#ht_1879wt_1140

Is it easy to fit? I changed the air filter and MAF myself last time, cant be much harder can it?

Finally ive heard theres some better ones out there but are they more expensive and harder to fit?

Really fancy one of these for the vrooooooom vroooooooom :D

get the cold air pipe to that moves filter down in front bumper area otherwards you will be sucking hot air in and loose 20% power

The ABD pipe is an amazing intake, i have it on mine, the noise is good and it relocates to the wheel arch.

Its a bit of an arse to fit, you have to fit the fit the pipe first then jack the car up and then put the filter on from underneath, its handy to have another person the help not scratch the engine bay paint.

Here it is my my Octy...

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0925.jpg

The ABD pipe is an amazing intake, i have it on mine, the noise is good and it relocates to the wheel arch.

Its a bit of an arse to fit, you have to fit the fit the pipe first then jack the car up and then put the filter on from underneath, its handy to have another person the help not scratch the engine bay paint.

Here it is my my Octy...

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0925.jpg

You don't have to fit from underneath if you take the headlight out. :thumbup: Quite easy to fit then. You can insert the K&N cone down and rest it on the plastic undershield then fit the alloy pipping to the MAF. Then screw the K&N to the pipe from the headlight hole

I had one of these and is awesome .

Just removed it and refitted my definned Airbox with a 3" cold pipe feed to front bumper. Will run with this for a while.

May have my ADB CAI for sale :yes:

Edited by Bowders1

Just removed it and refitted my definned Airbox with a 3" cold pipe feed to front bumper. Will run with this for a while.

what sort of 3" pipe did you use? and what sort of length was it? i've just fitted my definned/drilled airbox and a cold air feed is next on my list of things to do B)

EDIT:

i've found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140387976632&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i think the ID is ok but was'nt sure on the length.

Edited by sivrs

IMG00057-20100908-1454.jpg

IMG00056-20100908-1454.jpg

Thats the Ebay one. If you are keeping the 2.75" (70mm) MAF and not going to the K04 turbo the Ebay one is spot on, the ABD pipe is made for the K04 turbo and uses a reducer.

I didnt like the Polished look as it goes all scratched and naff after a few years so Ive sprayed mine to look std lol. Ive put the K&N Sticker on it now and its a universal K&N filter on it from Opie Oils. Only £35ish and was £34 for the CAI when I got it. Also sourced some nice silicone pipes totidy it up. All in all over the 2 or so years its been on Its cost around £100 for the new pipes and filter and paint.

Much better value than the ABD, Carbonio and Forge ones.

billy

what sort of 3" pipe did you use? and what sort of length was it? i've just fitted my definned/drilled airbox and a cold air feed is next on my list of things to do B)

EDIT:

i've found this http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Simliar to what i've used, mine runs to roughly where the horns are, not measured it, probably cut off about 1/3 of it and cable tied it to the horn bracket. I used this,

http://www.regals-motorsport.co.uk/filtration-induction/flexible-air-ducts/1m-neoprene-flexible-ducting-cold-air-duct-feed-75mm-id-p-4445.html

Yours is a couple of quid cheaper. HTH

Andyemoticon-0148-yes.gif

EDIT:

i've found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140387976632&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Length should be ok.

I will be posting a write up and pics on the fitting over the weekend

IMG00057-20100908-1454.jpg

IMG00056-20100908-1454.jpg

Thats the Ebay one. If you are keeping the 2.75" (70mm) MAF and not going to the K04 turbo the Ebay one is spot on, the ABD pipe is made for the K04 turbo and uses a reducer.

I didnt like the Polished look as it goes all scratched and naff after a few years so Ive sprayed mine to look std lol. Ive put the K&N Sticker on it now and its a universal K&N filter on it from Opie Oils. Only £35ish and was £34 for the CAI when I got it. Also sourced some nice silicone pipes totidy it up. All in all over the 2 or so years its been on Its cost around £100 for the new pipes and filter and paint.

Much better value than the ABD, Carbonio and Forge ones.

billy

I like it Billy, very good. So get the ebay one and a k&n filter, which filter from ebay?

everyone slags the the oem filter u get with the ebay kits,im still running one,over a year and a half its never caused me any probs at all.im preparing for a barage of how **** they are thou.lol

ps fitting takes more than just the headlight thou,battery and tray had to come out when i fitted mine,its a bit of a arse getting it lined up aswell so it bolts tight to the inner wing.

Edited by phillyctr

I like it Billy, very good. So get the ebay one and a k&n filter, which filter from ebay?

RC 5131 is the filter I got.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68445-kn-rc-5131-performance-air-filter-universal-chrome-filter.aspx?utm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_content=68445?utm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign=GoogleBase_ProductsFeed&utm_content=88739

everyone slags the the oem filter u get with the ebay kits,im still running one,over a year and a half its never caused me any probs at all.im preparing for a barage of how **** they are thou.lol

ps fitting takes more than just the headlight thou,battery and tray had to come out when i fitted mine,its a bit of a arse getting it lined up aswell so it bolts tight to the inner wing.

The ebay filter is ok but for 2-3 months really, I put 10 layers of tights over it in the summer just to use it then swapped it for the PX one I had. lots of people that used the ebay filter noticed dust getting in. I didnt but never used it without the ladies garment over it.

Also I noticed that it went really rusty on the top very fast.

billy