WOW!

Took my VRS on its 1st decent run today Redcar in Cleveland to Shipley in Yorkshire & Return 6 Hours later. The route is about 50/50 dual carriageway/Motorway and single carriagewayA roads. On the dual carriage/Motorway way the car cruised along perfectly and had the guts to shoot past wagons and dawdlers with ease and alacrity. But on the "A" road single carriageway was where it really came into its own being able to accelerate and overtake safely and quickly without any hesitancy or problems. The performance, acceleration and handling are fantastice. I can honestly say i am completely and utterly impressed, i have never had a car with such a sweet engine and gutsy performance.

Thankyou Skoda i am definitely a Happy Driver . :thumbup::D:D:D:D:rofl:

Exactly my sentiments. I got my one 2 weeks ago and wil certsinly need to be fed with lemons for at least a month to try to know the smile off my face B)

Exactly my sentiments. I got my one 2 weeks ago and wil certsinly need to be fed with lemons for at least a month to try to know the smile off my face B)

I am still there and I got mine in March . . .

[quote

Get it remapped, you won't regret it and it transforms the car.

I personally would suggest giving it a month or two before remap. Enjoy as is, get used to the feel of it and then get it remapped. Double the enjoyment that way (imho).

Indeed

Have not driven the 170 hp CR but the TSI VRS is great is nearly all respects. This is the wife's car which I have needed to drive for the last 2 months since changing jobs, losing my company car and waiting for my 1.8 TSI 7 speed DSG L&K to arrive which is due to be biult next week so should get in November.

Choose the 1.8 TSI to get best of both worlds ie performance which is mid way between Diesel and Petrol VRS and the fuel consumption is mid way between the 2 VRSs too. People forget the 1.8 TSI but you can only get the 7 speed DSG on this model of the larger engined Octavias.

Parked behind a Police Octavia VRS today and apparently they have bought more than 500 of these. My dealer tells me many cops buy them for personel use after using them at work. Good recommendation if any more was needed.

Edited by lol

I am still there and I got mine in March . . .

ditto had mine since December.

As for remap leave it until everything had bed in nicely. Also the new CR unit is not able to have the usual plug and play (if that is the correct term) remap, but need the ecu taken out.

Unless of course in the last few months that has changed

I've had my 07 vRS PD since June and I've been enjoying it immensly, driving cross country to work or pootling around the Peak District,. It handles nearly as good as my previous 3 Imprezas :D

Today I have given it a special treat, the Dukes Pass from Aberfoyle to Callander and it didn't disapoint, despite being such a big car :thumbup:

Quite a few more Scottish roads to chuck at it this week, but if it can manage that road then everything else should be simples! B)

Edited by CharlieWhiskey