LED side lights

Raf_

Cheers Chris, will swap it over tomorrow and order another.

Did you pay £20 or £10 for a pair?

so what the difference with these ones, are the ebay ones just better value for money or are the ones we have bought better components?

Yes £19.99 for the pair.

I've purchased LED bulbs from ebay for various car applications (numberplate light, interior light, door light, mirror puddle light etc) along with the sidelight upgrade over the past couple of years with varying degrees of success.

The worst were some which lasted all of a week & the light output was frankly not like an LED. :S

Since finding the linked supplier I've not had any issues, so prepared to pay the £ for what I believe to be better products :thumbup:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes £19.99 for the pair.

I've purchased LED bulbs from ebay for various car applications (numberplate light, interior light, door light, mirror puddle light etc) along with the sidelight upgrade over the past couple of years with varying degrees of success.

The worst were some which lasted all of a week & the light output was frankly not like an LED. :S

Since finding the linked supplier I've not had any issues, so prepared to pay the £ for what I believe to be better products :thumbup:

:no:

:rofl:

Fancy that... turn it around and it works! :thumbup:

Only thing is now everytime I turn on the ignition (lights off) the LED side light flickers on and off about 5 times :thumbdown:

I assume this is not normal........ any ideas??

yes that´s normal, now when turned on they cannot flicker

same thing with xenon kits

It's not when I turn on the lights it's whn I turn on the car though even without the lights on...

When I looked back at my order it said singles. Cost me 11 quid for 1 . Should they have sent me 2?

Will try it the other way then. Was a right bugger to get to as well....

EEEHHHH!!!!???? you can take the headlights out in 45 seconds each side. you didn't try to fit while still in car did you :S

It's not when I turn on the lights it's whn I turn on the car though even without the lights on...

Do you have bulb warning display? Wonder if it's that checking the system out, send a really low vaultage out that you can't see on normal bulbs

like I said that is normal, On my Octavia they flicker 4/5 times, really fast, when I turn the car on.

Onced passed that if you have your lights on they cannot go and flicker .

CAN-BUS will make the display clean. If the bulb blows it will show up on the display.

Edited by alberg

EEEHHHH!!!!???? you can take the headlights out in 45 seconds each side. you didn't try to fit while still in car did you :S

No it extremely easy to remove the headlights it's just very fiddly to get my fat fingers in to remove the sidelight bulb and it's tucked away and recessed next to the headlight motor.

like I said that is normal, On my Octavia they flicker 4/5 times, really fast, when I turn the car on.

Onced passed that if you have your lights on they cannot go and flicker .

CAN-BUS will make the display clean. If the bulb blows it will show up on the display.

Well if it's normal then fine....

The good thing about currently only having one of these fitted is that you can really see the difference. I am really impressed, the perfect compliment to my halfrauds extreme brilliance headlights....

No it extremely easy to remove the headlights it's just very fiddly to get my fat fingers in to remove the sidelight bulb and it's tucked away and recessed next to the headlight motor.

Ahh! :giggle:

I got the eBay ones in the end as I don't have the bulb warning. Must say I'm pleased with the result very bright and noticeable. Found out why my old bulbs were really dim they were black like they had blown!

I got the eBay ones in the end as I don't have the bulb warning. Must say I'm pleased with the result very bright and noticeable. Found out why my old bulbs were really dim they were black like they had blown!

I think that for the money they are excellent quality and quite distinctive as

well as being pretty bright. Mine were delivered quickly too. I've bought 3 pairs so far.

I have them in my map lights inside the car as well. And a pair for spares.

With the added benefit of looking good inside the cluster when off thanks to

the metal jacket. Mine have been in a year and haven't dimmed or blued yet.

I think that for the money they are excellent quality and quite distinctive as

well as being pretty bright. Mine were delivered quickly too. I've bought 3 pairs so far.

I have them in my map lights inside the car as well. And a pair for spares.

With the added benefit of looking good inside the cluster when off thanks to

the metal jacket. Mine have been in a year and haven't dimmed or blued yet.

I also got them on the mirror, the light that shines down.

Drove down some back roads last night, dip and main beam have really improved which is strange! Only thing i can think of is that the colour of the lights have changed from a almost perfect white to a mix of white and xenon. Bit of a bonus get better dip and main beam by just changing the side lights lol

Fitted mine today, unbelievably hard to grasp, thought I was doing something wrong, a mate who has a garage said it took them 2 hours to do, daughter had a go then me me again with snape nosed pliers , eventually did it with my fingers, promptly pulling off the bits you push together so easy next time! Good brightness like mini DRLS ,though they do not work without the ignition on. Move the indicator stalk up or down when ignition off, they iluminate for about 3 seconds then go out :S . Never leave on unlit roads though . :thumbup:

Fitted mine today, unbelievably hard to grasp, thought I was doing something wrong, a mate who has a garage said it took them 2 hours to do, daughter had a go then me me again with snape nosed pliers

I gave up and removed the headlight motor in the end :thumbup:

Thats cheating!! you nee to loose some skin off your wrist and the end of your fingers! :giggle: :giggle:

:rofl: Been tryin to figure out why it only took me 5 mins to change mine, just realised its one of the perks of ownin a mk1 octy :giggle:

I have a mk1 L&K and it does have a bulb failure warning in the orange dot matrix display in the middle of the dash cluster. Does that mean I need can-bus ready LED's also?