2002 Octavia VRS for sale, any good?

Guest westallc

not a good base for a track car better of with a mk2 golf with same engine :thumbup:

will be faster and better on track imo

vrs is a great family/fast car but not a track car unless you spend some good money on it and you would still be behing golfs and clio's etc etc

Edited by westallc

My old 2001 MK1 vRS was perfectly fine on track with nothing more than a remap. They handle really well, maybe a little more body roll on the standard suspension but nothing bad. £2800 is a bargain, and quiet tempting for a fun car, if only I was not about to take on a new house.

to be fair, out the box without mods, they handle terribly, but the mk4 golf gti is worse, at least the vrs has the same setup as the lcr (without the quickrack cast wishbones and thicker front arb), once uprated though alongside rear arb poly bushes and coilovers the mk1 vrs does handle like a proper car, and better than an equivalent gti

Loose connection in the driver-side door causing it sometimes to not lock properly, and not wind down the window.

Sounds much more like water ingress / CCU to me....

Tend to disagree with that. Look around for a similair spec and power car for that money and you will struggle :thumbup:

I agree, that is a very good price if the car is genuine. Wouldn't cost much to fix the door lock.

Cheers guys. I mean for what I'll bo doing to the thing anyway, most of the car will be gutted to start with to get a good idea of what's going on with the body. If I go track car, then dump the back seats for a cage etc, and lighten it, drop it stiffen it etc, but if I go full road project then it's all be re wired for a big install. It seems like a nice base car to use, good price for the year/miles and it looks pretty genuine............ ;)

I'm going for my ARDS license next year so it'll be a nice project for me over the winter, then I can use my own car in open class racing. I've got a few races set up in November at Brands, just to start getting a feel for proper racing not just track days. :S

Edited by virusman26

Can you find out who did the remap? It could be a good one, but then again, there are a lot of cowboys out there! :thumbdown:

Apart from that, not a bad looker. With some coilovers, wishbones and big ARB's, it would be a good base to start with.