Had enough - I quit!

The final nail was driven well and truly home today:

Order placed 19th May with "10-12" week delivery, followed by...

Build Week 41

Build Week 40

Build Week 45

Build Week 50 (as of today)

Can't be @rsed waiting to be told Build Week 3, followed by Build Week 8, followed by God only knows what.

Will be seeing dealer tomorrow to demand full refund of deposit.

Adios amigos, guess it wasn't meant to be...

Have you tried talking to SUK Customer Services and highlighting above,if not might be worth it......................................

TBH that is completely ludicrous, mine was "tagged" 17th May - preordered one for dealer ordered 17th April. delivered 3rd September. Sorry yours has been delayed so much, i was peed off enough with mine but i would defo have given up if i was in your position. Damn shame because it really was worth the wait.

:thumbdown: :S

The final nail was driven well and truly home today:

Order placed 19th May with "10-12" week delivery, followed by...

Build Week 41

Build Week 40

Build Week 45

Build Week 50 (as of today)

Can't be @rsed waiting to be told Build Week 3, followed by Build Week 8, followed by God only knows what.

Will be seeing dealer tomorrow to demand full refund of deposit.

Adios amigos, guess it wasn't meant to be...

Doubt it will be week 50 either as they close over xmas for a couple of weeks.

I think mine was 49 or 50 last year and I got it in the 2nd week of Jan.

Sorry.

Order placed 19th May with "10-12" week delivery....

sorry its come down to this for u!! no one should b made to wait this long!!

its not like they have to wait for the iron ore to form, before it can b used to make the sheet metal!!!!

ridiculous.

out of curiosity petrol or diesel?

Given the "adios amigos" comment, we might not see the OP back again. I tracked down his order from an earlier post. It was, to quote:

"1.6CR 4x4 Est (Combi) ordered 18 May (week 20) - due for production week 41!"

It's quite beyond me how this works, given that my Octavia Scout with lots of options was ordered a month later than the OP, has travelled halfway round the world for delivery, and I've already been driving it for more than a month.

So that's why you ended up in a blue one then :p :rofl:

No, I picked from a list of blue ones.

You see, blue is the best colour!*

*DISCLAIMER: Strictly my opinion only, of course

There aren't any other colours are there ? :rofl:

There aren't any other colours are there ? :rofl:

White is a colour.

:)

well it depends who you ask.

Scientists would say that black is not a colour as it is absent of any colour, whereas white contains a equal mix of all colours. (take a white light and a prism)

Now, artists would disagree and say that white is absent of any colour.

Ask a painter and decorator though and they'd say that if you can get it in a tin then its a colour.

:)

White is NOT a "colour"

Actually I dont think black is either but that means that grey isn't either . . . . maybe we should have got blue ones !

Blue hatches do look good but I like me John Major grey estate.

We've had a 1.6D 4x4 estate on order since May, and we're now being told it will be January (after being given various dates in between).

Can't they build any 4x4 1.6D estates? Is there a problem or something? We ordered because we get regular snow and we're expecting our first child in December, we figured ordering in May was a safe bet. How wrong we were...

Ian

Given the "adios amigos" comment, we might not see the OP back again. I tracked down his order from an earlier post. It was, to quote:

"1.6CR 4x4 Est (Combi) ordered 18 May (week 20) - due for production week 41!"

It's quite beyond me how this works, given that my Octavia Scout with lots of options was ordered a month later than the OP, has travelled halfway round the world for delivery, and I've already been driving it for more than a month.

White is a colour, because it reflects all wavelengths of light visible to the eye. The only non-colour is black. :nerd:

On that logic I can argue that black is the ultimate colour because it absorbs all wavelengths of light visible to the eye. The only non colour is white! :giggle:

We've had a 1.6D 4x4 estate on order since May, and we're now being told it will be January (after being given various dates in between).

Can't they build any 4x4 1.6D estates? Is there a problem or something? We ordered because we get regular snow and we're expecting our first child in December, we figured ordering in May was a safe bet. How wrong we were...

Ian

I ordered my 1.6tdi Elegance Estate last June 12th and I received it onthe begining of Oct. =14 weeks

The dealer told me when I placed the order that it would only take a max of 10 weeks.

By the 12th week I was solely tempted to cancell..

Although i was dissapointed with the delivery time I am very happy with the vehicle . :)