New Skoda service plan 'poor value for money'

I'm in the same position. Signed up in early November, nothing through the post yet :S

Rang Skoda customer services again today who said I had to ring Skoda finance.

Was then fed an automated message from "VW finance" telling me they were busy and to try again later :wonder:

Hi all, I signed up for the £299 service deal on the 4th of Nov. I have chased the dealer 3 times because I have had no response from Skoda. All they said was 'what do you expect us to do? ' In desperation I sent a letter and copies of the registration to Skoda on the 5th January, it is now the 15th and still no response. Is this what I can expect with further dealings with Skoda? This is my first Skoda and while I am pleased with the car I hesitate to say I would buy another. Meanwhile can any one suggest a direct way to contact Skoda?

You need to ring Skoda Finance.

As I keep getting told it's nothing to do with Skoda Customer Service.

This is their direct number given to me by Skoda CS: 0870 0102022.

I tried it a couple of times yesterday and was told that they were busy and to try again later!

Just rung them again.

After been on hold for an age and then passed from one team to the next I finally got back to the lady I started with :no:

She asked if I'd received my welcome pack, I said no.

She then checked my registration number. No results.

She then asked for my original (non-private) registration number. No results.

She then asked me when I signed up. The 5th of November I told her.

No, nothing on the system for that vehicle sir. :dull:

Anyway she's taken my contact number and will ring me back when she's worked out what's gone wrong.

Seems I am not alone over this issue. Thanks for the info. I will try this number on Monday. I do feel strongly over this because I would not have taken the pack without the £100 promise. In the event that I do not receive it I am going to demand a repayment from the dealer!!

I'll be on the blower to them next week too !

For all the good press the cars get...Skoda ain't that great at customer service when it comes to stuff like this it seems...I had incredible issues when I bought my 2yr extended warranty...paperwork took an age, had to be chased & chased...and then they only sent out paperwork for a 1yr plan & insisted they were right !

I love my Vrs, fancy another...however, stuff like this does make me think twice.

I've not had any paperwork thro' yet either & I've a Brake Fluid Change booked for 3 weeks time...they'd better honour it !

I took my service pack out on 24th Dec, booked it in on 28th Dec and had it serviced 4th Jan for free (apart from the cash outlay upfront of course). I haven't got my vouchers yet but judging by the enormous amount of people on here taking it up I'd expect they're very busy. They turn up when they turn up, haven't got anything really to buy with them anyway at present.

I'm in a very similar situation to you all. Signed up for the plan end of Nov. Car had major service on 23rd Dec, dealer honoured plan no problem. Still awaiting introduction pack and vouchers! Spoke to dealer and SFS say they have sent all the paperwork to me, but promised that I would have it in the next 7 days. Assuming that is working days, then Tuesday is the deadline........will keep you updated.........

I am another one, took the plan out with the dealer early November, heard nothing so chased up Skoda Finanace they said it had not been set up and would have to speak to the dealer. Spoke to the dealer and they said Skoda Finance had taken the £299 from them so it must be set up. Dealer said they would speak to Sokda Finance, they did and SFS said their was a glitch in the system and it was sorted. That was mid December so I thought I would wait until January to see if anything arrived. Nothing last week so phoned SFS and SFS Customer Services said they would put me through but there was a 9 minute queue on the line so she would phone me back. Surprise surprise no call so still deciding what to do.

Well I am no expert but I have taken out a finance agreement with SFS and I am sure the FSA have strict rules on communication of terms timescales etc from the finance provider. Maybe someone else knows these rules, but I would have thought 2 months is excessive.

I will try SFS again tomorrow, but I am a bit sick of phoning on an 0870 number which cost more than a normal call. In fact I am sick of the whole thing!

P.S. The dealer provided the service fine after I paid the £299 originally, I just hope I get my second one too for that £299 otherwise that is the most expensive oil change ever!

Edited by Tightmartin

Mmmm - might hold off phoning tomorrow after all - I am sure all you guys will mean longer than the 9min queue you had last time - Tightmartin.

It really is a poor show. if it hadn't been for Beth at Allams persistance when I bought the extended warranty last Feb, I am sure I'd still be chasing Skoda now - they were absolutely useless (Skoda, not Allams). Allams were great with their side of things.

As long as my dealer honours the BFC in three weeks, I have another 4 months to sort things out before my 4th (& big !) service. There is no big rush on the vouchers...which is maybe just as well !

Bought my service plan on 30th December. Got a sales receipt a few days later and then another letter confirming the plan details. Dealer did advise that more info would come from Skoda but within the next month or so. Seems like there must be a back log .. Dealer didn't mention vouchers but then I'm not sure I trust any dealer to know what they are talking about - this same dealer explained that the vouchers were only sent if I signed up before end of November last year! :dull:

Can someone advise on this:

Car bought new in Nov 2007 on variable service. 1st service carried out 2 years later and changed to fixed servicing. So had my second service carried out Nov 2010. My 3rd service will be due this Nov but car will be 4 years old. Will this service involve cambelt change? ie its based on number of years and not number of services?

Edited by Ciderspace

Think Skoda may have finally had a purge on outstanding service plans / vouchers. I received my confirmation from Skoka Financial Services together with my £100 of vouchers today. Good luck to everyone else emoticon-0105-wink.gif