just though id let you all know 5p off shell v-power fuel

Bobs VRS

For one day only on Friday 12 November 2010, Shell will reduce the price of Shell V-Power Unleaded and Shell

V-Power Diesel by 5p per litre (compared to the previous day’s price) at participating Shell service stations

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/promotions/

http://www-static.shell.com/static/gbr/downloads/products_services/participating_sites_list.pdf

cheers

bobby

Does it even make a difference?

To answer my own question by reading on the shell website.... NO!

all it does is "cleans the fuel injectors and reduces harmful build-up"

You can buy products that can do that anyway.

I won't be buying any unless its the same price as my usual supermarket forecourt!

When I got my Fabia Vrs, I used it all the time, but have gone back to supermarket stuff.

Try to run it near dry and fill up about once a month with V Power, to clear out the injectors!

But I do always feel that it drives slightly smoother, never really tried what the fuel economy is like though!

Many thanks for the information, I'll take advantage of that!

I usually use V-Power unleaded in my AUB 1.4 16v petrol. It does make a difference - certainly a bit better acceleration and fuel economy (although I suspect not sufficiently increased fuel economy to make up for the dearer purchase price). The notorious surging tickover with this engine is less prevalent and overall it runs better. Just lucky that I don't do a lot of miles otherwise I think the cost would be more of a factor. I think anyway that this engine is meant to run on RON98 rather than RON95 and that this is the only way to achieve the nominal 100 bhp power rating.