Golf MKV Gti side skirts...........

Just on the skirts I found these which I can't decide if I like or not but they do offer something slightly different. Just spoke to this firm regards something else and seem pretty clued up on what they sell.

http://www.rsdcars-uk.co.uk/acatalog/info_720.html

They have these on the Superskoda site, I think they look very subtle and definately OE, however they are more expensive than the std Gti skirts! probably easier to fit though. :thumbup:

I like the look of the OE Mark 6 Golf GTI skirts. They'd look great i think on a Vrs.

VW-Mk6-GTI-03-low.jpg

I did some googling and I have some part numbers (which i need to check) but they look like they are not expensive - much cheaper than the aftermarket options. I'll probably do this at some point but not just yet - its not really a priority.

cheers

Rob

I like the look of the OE Mark 6 Golf GTI skirts. They'd look great i think on a Vrs.

VW-Mk6-GTI-03-low.jpg

I did some googling and I have some part numbers (which i need to check) but they look like they are not expensive - much cheaper than the aftermarket options. I'll probably do this at some point but not just yet - its not really a priority.

cheers

Rob

Isn't that what is on Guy Wilks Octavia?

Found a better pic (sorry is "flash" so i can't link or post it, but look on the skoda forsale site - its still up there).

Guy Wilks car looks to have the same as the RS+ study which are the same as the ones on superskoda. Not the same as the Mk5 GTI.

GTI skirts are simpler.

Here are the superskoda RS+ spec items:

rsplus-ss.jpg

• 3 months later...

VW-Mk6-GTI-03-low.jpg

cheers

Rob

I like....

This is great. is this OE 'sport package' of skirts and front spoiler should surly be available to order from Skoda?

You'd have thought..

I really have no idea why skoda keep teasing with RS+ concepts and special one-offs and show cars when they never seem to make the parts available. Makes no sense IMO.

Its about as logical as saying you can only have a muti-function wheel if you have dsg..

:dull:

• 2 months later...

VW-Mk6-GTI-03-low.jpg

cheers

Rob

Well, the deed is done. After much pontificating i ordered a set of these today. :)

I'm normally very much against "stick-on-plastic-tat" on cars and I normally only mod my cars to give a performance or ergonomic benefit.. but i guess with my dark wheels and mirrors i've already broken my own rules.. :p

180 quid including the vat so its not too expensive. Should have them by the end of the week.

• 8 months later...

I must be going blind, but your car looks white???? :p

er. that's why I said "I don't know of anyone else who'd fitted these yet."

:p :p

Still thinks your's is one of the best looking white vRS's out there, what setting have you got the coilovers at mate?

cheers dude. not adjusted or measured the height recently, but last time i checked it was around 35mm lower than stock.

• Like 1