Sat Nav Problems

BATTY

Hi. Wondering if anyone has had issues or can offer advice. My Superb 2 Columbus Sat Nav has started having problems finding itself when first starting took almost half an hour to find out where I was.

It seems to sort itself out but at varying times, anything from 5 minutes to half an hour. It seems to be a few hundred yards out so normally has me on the wrong road or in a field (and my superbs is not even a 4X4)

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Hi. Wondering if anyone has had issues or can offer advice. My Superb 2 Columbus Sat Nav has started having problems finding itself when first starting took almost half an hour to find out where I was.

It seems to sort itself out but at varying times, anything from 5 minutes to half an hour. It seems to be a few hundred yards out so normally has me on the wrong road or in a field (and my superbs is not even a 4X4)

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

That needs to go back to the dealer. The Columbus should get a signal almost immediately (mine always did) and be damn near spot on with your location. Sounds like a possible aeriel issue, maybe not getting good satellite reception? I recommend taking it back.

Mark.

That needs to go back to the dealer. The Columbus should get a signal almost immediately (mine always did) and be damn near spot on with your location. Sounds like a possible aeriel issue, maybe not getting good satellite reception? I recommend taking it back.

Mark.

Thanks for that, I have been getting a good signal, in fact it is normally far better than my not so old TomTom even down to the correct direction on a road that the TomTom really battles with.

Back to the dealer we go then (again)

How many satellites is it seeing when its lost, press the map button twice to bring up the additional window and select the GPS dropdown.

I will give that a go (too cold to go outside right now), I assume if it doesn't find many satellites it could be an aerial issue.

Mine has done this at least once , only fix is to switch the car off and wait a while and then turn it back on

But it shouldnt do it, I know mine does not.

You can reboot the columbus to save you restarting the cae by pressing < > and i together, but if you need to do this then something is wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

I have the same problem (2009 Superb Elegance CR170 DSG)so took it to the dealer before warranty runs out in March. They said the GPS aerial failed. New one being fitted this Friday (2 & half hours as the headlining has to come down for access). This must be a common fault as the dealer immediately said aerial as they had just recently had a superb in with same fault. I read somwhere it could be water ingress?