Sunroofs

Micky H

Hi All

Does anyone have a definative answer as to when the sunroof option will become available again?

I looked at a Nissan X Trail last week and was very impressed, granted it's a big car compared to the Yeti but it really looks good

and the tekna option brings all the toys including a panoramic roof, sat nav and bose sound system. These are about £2500 extra on top of the Elegance model!

As an Ex X-Trail owner, they are good cars but IMO the Yeti is far better for driving, fuel consumption, comfort and handling.

The XT is better for boot capacity and for off road capability.

I do a regular round trip of 240 miles to Manchester and I find that I am less tired after this trip in the Yeti. The XT was heavier to drive and much heavier on the fuel.

The XT sunroof is very good but I hardly ever used it so my Yeti is without a sunroof and, in the 11 months I have owned my Yeti, I have never missed it. I really don't think that the sunroof should be a defining factor. For me, the better driving experience is the most important.

The Yeti equivalent is the Nissan QashQai Plus 2 which has the sunroof as standard. And a non-4x4 equivalent is the new Ford C Max (announced but not yet released).

I agree with the desirability of a big sunroof, and without it the Yeti is a Not Yeti.

Chris

The Yeti equivalent is the Nissan QashQai Plus 2 which has the sunroof as standard. And a non-4x4 equivalent is the new Ford C Max (announced but not yet released).

I agree with the desirability of a big sunroof, and without it the Yeti is a Not Yeti.

Chris

For me, the Yeti being available with the panoramic roof was one of the main reasons for ordering, and its used whenever its driven! (even at the very least to bring the natural light flooding in from above). :yes:

Both those sunroofs can't open so totally useless in my book as they just heat up the car. At the very least a sunroof should be able to tilt - like the ones you get on the Scirocco and BMW 6 series - they can't open but can tilt and inch or so upwards. Thus you can park the car in the sun with it slightly open to let all the hot air escape thus returning to a lovely cool car. And save fuel to boot as your AC does not have to work as hard cooling the car again. I will never in a million years buy a car with a glass roof that can't open.

I have a panoramic roof on the A2 and would not have bought a Yeti if I could not get a sunroof. I thankfully ordered mine two measly weeks before the ban came into place!

I've just ordered a Yeti and would have loved a panoramic roof (there was a second hand one in the showroom that had it), salesman seemed to suggets that it had been permanently deleted, does anyone know differently? And if it does come back as an option would I be able to amend my order?

I've just ordered a Yeti and would have loved a panoramic roof (there was a second hand one in the showroom that had it), salesman seemed to suggets that it had been permanently deleted, does anyone know differently? And if it does come back as an option would I be able to amend my order?

You can ammend your order up to four weeks before the car gets built. You can change everything from the engine, the gearbox right down to the colour and what not. You might move your build date a bit (mine moved 3 weeks) or not. Depends on the options.

As to the sunroof coming back: it has never been deleted in LHD countries as far as I am aware... So they will still (and have been ever since the ban) build Yetis with said sunroof. It is a SUK thing this banning of the sunroof. Makes their life easy regardless of what the buyers want.

Edited by 900000

You can ammend your order up to four weeks before the car gets built. You can change everything from the engine, the gearbox right down to the colour and what not. You might move your build date a bit (mine moved 3 weeks) or not. Depends on the options.

As to the sunroof coming back: it has never been deleted in RHD countries as far as I am aware... So they will still (and have been ever since the ban) build Yetis with said sunroof. It is a SUK thing this banning of the sunroof. Makes their life easy regardless of what the buyers want.

I am waiting for the sunroof to be orderable on the system....... though if it is really possible to add it later before the car built, then I might as well take advantage of Skoda's offer to hold the VAT increase through 2011...........

...have I understood it correctly? The sunroof can be added just 4 weeks before the estimated build week and that Skoda will only charge 17.5% VAT if the car is ordered before December 31st 2010?

For my family, the sunroof is essential as we intend to keep the car for about 10 years - so we really want the extra light!

...if we hear the sunroof is deleted for the UK market - then forget Skoda!

...have I understood it correctly? The sunroof can be added just 4 weeks before the estimated build week and that Skoda will only charge 17.5% VAT if the car is ordered before December 31st 2010?

I got the DSG I wanted and the electric seat and folding mirrors this way. I knew the DSG was coming but I could not order it at the time... BUT you might be playing with fire. IF the sunroof never comes back you would have ordered a car you don't want... Though at the current prices that second hand Yetis are going for you can just take it and sell it or sell just your slot to someone at a profit! So no harm done in doing this.

I got the DSG I wanted and the electric seat and folding mirrors this way. I knew the DSG was coming but I could not order it at the time... BUT you might be playing with fire. IF the sunroof never comes back you would have ordered a car you don't want... Though at the current prices that second hand Yetis are going for you can just take it and sell it or sell just your slot to someone at a profit! So no harm done in doing this.

Thanks for your thoughts... yes, perhaps even if Skoda UK fail to allow sunroofs by build month, then yes, we might sell later like the Plumber did.....

....wow, I might be ordering next month then....... :)

Hi

I think if the sunroof is not brought back Skoda will have lost me as a potential customer. Once you have enjoyed a sunroof it is hard to imagine being without one, especially as the Yeti suits one so well!

Michael.

salesman seemed to suggets that it had been permanently deleted, does anyone know differently?

I've ordered my Yeti some 4 month's ago, and I have specified a sunroof as an option. They have accepted my order, and now the salesman told me that the car is shipped and can be collected in a couple of weeks. Thus, I hope to see that the car actually is equipped with a sunroof. I don't know whether Britain has different practice.