Folding Door Mirrors - Yeti.

oldstan

Thanks all and also to 900000. I see the clip above but it does relate to Superb, of course. I still haven't seen firm evidence from Skoda, or anywhere else that they fold electrically. I still can't see anything telling me that the £500 seat/mirror option is available on anything other than Elegance

I'm expecting to order a Yeti very soon and would love to know for sure what's what before ordering.....

oldstan as I suggested before: speak to James at Allams. He has the codes on his desk if not memorised for BOTH options. He will also be able to tell you if you can in fact order it on an SE spec or not - since you can also argue there is nothing to tell you anywhere that you can only order it on an Elegance. See my points above as to the difference in the two distinct elements that are £0 on a Yeti's mirrors.

So what do you get standard with the Elegance door mirrors ?

You only get this: Electrically adjustable & heated door mirrors with boarding-spots.

And I state again: only the GLASS is electrically adjustable as standard. NOTHING else.

Edit: took out the memory function and dimming from the standard Elegance spec. Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by 900000

Davehutch, please come back to this thread when you pick your SM up to confirm that the mirrors are electrically folding. I am beginning to have my doubts. They certainly will have a memory function to match the seats and they will fold but I'm not now so sure they will fold electrically. The configurator comment can be read in two ways.

'

900000, I'm really not trying to be awkward by keeping on but can see 'Boarding spots integrated in to door mirrors' as standard with Elegance. The option for....... Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors with auto dimming, memory function and boarding-spots'...........is shown as an option for zero pounds when added to the £500 seat/mirror option and is not specifically shown as part of Elegance trim. What you get on SE trim I really, now, wouldn't like to say.

As I say, it's getting close to ordering time and would like to get it right first time if poss.

Thanks for everyone's interest and assistance (that not 'Light assistance'....that's an option for £55)..... :-)

You only get this: Electrically adjustable & heated door mirrors with auto dimming, memory function and boarding-spots.

That is what I expected and exactly as shown on the configurator as optional at ZERO £s. No wonder confusion reigns when they offer standard fit as optional !

'

900000, I'm really not trying to be awkward by keeping on but can see 'Boarding spots integrated in to door mirrors' as standard with Elegance. The option for....... Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors with auto dimming, memory function and boarding-spots'...........is shown as an option for zero pounds when added to the £500 seat/mirror option and is not specifically shown as part of Elegance trim. What you get on SE trim I really, now, wouldn't like to say.

As I say, it's getting close to ordering time and would like to get it right first time if poss.

Thanks for everyone's interest and assistance (that not 'Light assistance'....that's an option for £55)..... :-)

I really do feel your frustration Oldstan.

'

oldstan I don't see you being awkward at all! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif It is the SUK brochures that are awkward.

OK here goes.

On an SE the mirror glass will be electrically adjustable and heated as per the brochure. Also note that 'Boarding spots integrated in to door mirrors' only refers to what spec the Elegance have over and above that of the SE which reads "body coloured door mirrors and handles" which should be read as over and above the S which reads the same as E and says "Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors".

On an Elegance you get boarding spots UNDER the mirrors (see attached image) to light up the area near the door when the light sensor senses it is dark enough.

Thus an Elegance exterior mirror is as standard for £0 - Electrically adjustable & heated door mirrors and boarding-spots.

Note I did not add the memory function there nor dimming (and I should not have in my posts higher up - apologies. I have edited the higher posts to keep this thread logical for future reference!).

If you now add the £500 electric seat you will get the mirrors to fold electrically against the car (which Skoda call folding mirrors) as well as have the addition of the memory function where each saved set in the seat also saves the corresponding rear view mirror position for both exterior mirrors. The exterior mirrors are also electrochromatic and will dim with the interior mirror if the sensor in this detects lights from behind. SUK made a mistake to also add the words "Electrically adjustable & heated with auto diming in boarding spots" to the line when it refers to the £500 mirrors. It should ONLY read "Electrically folding, with dimming and memory function".

I'm not sure that is any clearer? I hope it is. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Edit: After James cleared things up below I took out the "memory fucntion and dimming" from the standard Elegance spec. Apologies for confusion.

post-55900-12900938402397_thumb.jpg

Edited by 900000

That is what I expected and exactly as shown on the configurator as optional at ZERO £s. No wonder confusion reigns when they offer standard fit as optional !

Bassa, sorry, confusion arose from me because I thought you were referring particularly to the electrically folding element, I hadn't twigged that the standard bits were not at all that obvious either. As I'd ordered 'everything' I hadn't realised there was so much confusion on offer :'(

oldstan I don't see you being awkward at all! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif It is the SUK brochures that are awkward.

OK here goes.

On an SE the mirror glass will be electrically adjustable and heated as per the brochure. Also note that 'Boarding spots integrated in to door mirrors' only refers to what spec the Elegance have over and above that of the SE which reads "body coloured door mirrors and handles" which should be read as over and above the S which reads the same as E as says "Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors".

On an Elegance you get a standard automatically dimming interior mirror which also adds this dimming to the driver's exterior mirror. Furthermore you also get boarding spots UNDER the mirrors (see attached image) to light up the area near the door when the light sensor senses it is dark enough.

Thus an Elegance exterior mirror is as standard for £0 - Electrically adjustable & heated door mirrors with auto dimming, and boarding-spots.

Note I did not add the memory function there (and I should not have in my posts higher up - apologies).

If you now add the £500 electric seat you will get the mirrors to fold electrically against the car as well (which Skoda call folding mirrors) as well as have the addition of the memory function where each saved set in the seat also saves the corresponding rear view mirror position for both exterior mirrors. SUK made a mistake to also add the words "Electrically adjustable & heated with auto diming in boarding spots" to the line when it refers to the £500 mirrors. It should ONLY read "Electrically folding, with memory function".

I'm not sure that is any clearer? I hope it is. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Thanks yet again 900000.............I did as you suggested just a moment ago, just got off the 'phone.......nice fella too.

The mirrors on the Elegance (only) plus £500 seat/mirror pack DO fold electrically, as you have been saying.

I did as you suggested just a moment ago, just got off the 'phone.......nice fella too.

James is gold!!!

Very peculiar that it is only on Elegance spec. Hell SUK likes to make things difficult! Why I ask you can't an SE not have this? Fine and well so they only want leather electric seats in the UK, but in Europe you get fabric electric seats too (see attached) so it should be fine on an SE.

post-55900-12900955978574_thumb.jpg

Here is the product news release by SkodaUK to the dealers-

A new optional pack is now open for ordering on Yeti Elegance:

Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors with auto-dimming, memory function and boarding spots (PW9) and electrically adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support and memory function (PWB).

RRP: £500

You get electrically adjustable mirror glass on all Yetis if you have the Elegance you get the electric mirrors and also gain boarding spots underneath the lights.

If you opt for the electric drivers seat pack (£500) which is only available on the Yeti you gain above the usual Elegance spec

• Power folding mirrors
  • Electrochromatic glass in the mirrors that dims automatically like the rear view mirror does

Obviously you also gain electric drivers seat with memory function which is useful and actually gives you greater adjustability of the seat base and the lumbar support.

PWB is the option code for drivers memory seat and PW9 is the option code for electric wing mirros but you have to order them as a pack as one option forces the other option on our ordering system. I have also tried ordering an SE with either or both of the option codes and it was rejected with the factory.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

• Electrochromatic glass in the mirrors that dims automatically like the rear view mirror does

OH dear James I'm now going to upset everyone yet again: I thought electrochromatic glass in the mirrors was standard on all Elegance spec Yetis and not somethign that only comes part of this pack?

They should rename the title in configurator.

Elec. folding mirrors is more valuable option than dimming, AFAIK.

Btw, in Serbian configurator, after selecting elec. seats, You have 2 options to choose from:

1. Elec. memory mirrors... with dimming.

2. Elec. memory mirros... without dimming.

I checked the one without....

OH dear James I'm now going to upset everyone yet again: I thought electrochromatic glass in the mirrors was standard on all Elegance spec Yetis and not somethign that only comes part of this pack?

My understanding is that the dimming side mirrors where only standard on

• Yeti Elegance with the eletric drivers memory pack
  • Superb Elegance
  • Octavia L&K

I'll go and check loadswines Elegance to see if they've got it as his one is the only Elegance I've got on site at the moment.

Just checked and no, an Elegance that doesn't have the electric drivers seat pack does not have the dimming side mirrors just the central rear view mirrors dims.

Ah. Thanks James. I've ammended all my posts higher up to reflect this when I referred to standard "Elegance spec". How confusing this was!!! And I always thought all Elegance drivers had dimming external mirrors! You learn something new on this forum every day! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Ah. Thanks James. I've ammended all my posts higher up to reflect this when I referred to standard "Elegance spec". How confusing this was!!! And I always thought all Elegance drivers had dimming external mirrors! You learn something new on this forum every day! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Did I detect a pun?

Never will understand why power fold mirrors cannot be ordered as optional without taking the £500 electric seat route.

Still its all as clear as mud now - what says you Oldstan :rofl:

As per Johnny Nash and Jimmy Cliff.....I can see clearly now.

Errr... my Yeti is the 170TDi Elegance - it doesn't have the electric drivers seat/electric folding mirrors (it was made before that was even an option), but it definately does have dimming external mirrors as well as the interior one.

Errr... my Yeti is the 170TDi Elegance - it doesn't have the electric drivers seat/electric folding mirrors (it was made before that was even an option), but it definately does have dimming external mirrors as well as the interior one.

This is what I understood as well. My 'old' L&K had auto dimming exterior and interior mirrors and it was absolutely fantastic for when driving at night. I had them on my previous BMW's and I really miss them on my Polo emoticon-0144-nod.gif

What a lot of post coming through on my iPhone earlier. Had to turn it off as it was annoying pinging all the timeemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I look forward to seeing you new motor Nigel.

Mike