Folding Door Mirrors - Yeti.

oldstan

But the dealer does not know, from personal experience.

Unfortunately ( & I honestly feel for the poor sales staff ) cars & their vastly complex permutations of ever changing specifications are almost beyond understanding.

Maybe Skoda should go the way Nissan does with the Cashcow. It has NO options. Not a single one. You have four spec levels and that is it. You can pick your colour and that is it. Amazing. Also pretty boring, but hey ho the Nissan dealers (should) know what is what and the customers can't really change their minds a lot or add extra things or ask too many questions!

Thanking of the cashcow, I visited VW for some spares yesterday and asked how long for a Tiguan Escape. 5 months, but expected to rise to 6 because of the hold on VAT if you order soon.

He also said the Nissan R&D have their 2.0TSI Tiguan demonstrator which they are paying £1000 per week for 4 weeks.......I wonder what for emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Nissan. Just get a Yeti.emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

The VW salesman also said get a Yeti if I preferred the shape as they were the same basically.

Mike

What is unpardonable is both Skoda UK's (at best) slack or (at worst) purposely misleading advertising and ill-informed sales network. I would hope we could all agree on these points.

Agreed emoticon-0148-yes.gif

(A dealer shouldn't have to ask customers what they are getting in order to find out what is actually being supplied instead of what was specified in the order!)

Just to say, to anyone interested and viewing this particular thread in isolation, I've posted my thanks, apologies and my summary of the topic on the other thread....you know the one :smirk: Thanks to all.

Just to say, to anyone interested and viewing this particular thread in isolation, I've posted my thanks, apologies and my summary of the topic on the other thread....you know the one :smirk: Thanks to all.

Cheers, Oldstan - I've added a comment there too.

• 3 weeks later...

That is correct Mike, BUT that little asterix next to that means it could be an option in some markets or on some models. I've always been under the impression that all Elegance models have this standard even though no brochure or website ever mentions it.

Asterix was a Gaul, what you mean is asterisk

Thanking of the cashcow, I visited VW for some spares yesterday and asked how long for a Tiguan Escape. 5 months, but expected to rise to 6 because of the hold on VAT if you order soon.

He also said the Nissan R&D have their 2.0TSI Tiguan demonstrator which they are paying £1000 per week for 4 weeks.......I wonder what for emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Nissan. Just get a Yeti.emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

The VW salesman also said get a Yeti if I preferred the shape as they were the same basically.

Mike

I know I'm late on this but I've just read it. I used to play in a team with bloke who was an engineer at Nissan. When a new model comes out, new engine, new anything, Nissan hire the car and completely strip it down. They check out any new technology and then put it back together again. I remember one team mate turning up with a new Mondeo just after they first came out. The Nissan guy had had one for a week and dissected the car bit by bit, including pointing out that most panels were out by 2-3mm. I would never have noticed but he was dead right. He gave credit where it was due but at the time Nissan were VERY strict on quality control and he was very condesecending about the Mondeo (no doubt a Ford engineer would do the same about a Nissan, professional bias coming into things).

I would imagine that most mfrs do a similar exercise, how many Yeti's have been stripped bare over the last 18 months as other mfrs try to work out why they are so good?

According to the forum I think a few have been taken apart to find the source of leaks, rattles etc. lol

Yes, a FEW, not a lot. Doubt you would use all the fingers on one hand actually, but as has been said lots of times NO manufacturer has ever made 100% perfect cars all the time.

• 3 months later...

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons. The Skoda produced iPhone App has a write up for 2012 models - I don't whether these are UK specs, James doesn't seem to think so but here's a short extract:

From the 2012 model year, the upgraded Amundsen+ navigation system with factory-installed maps will be available for the Yeti. Customers will be able to take their pick of two versions of maps: Eastern and Central Europe or Western and Central Europe. Destinations can be entered using a postcode of up to seven digits (the coding used by several European countries). The navigation device also features a CD player and radio, which can optionally be complemented with digital DAB radio reception and a Bluetooth module for handsfree phoning while driving.

On freezing winter days, the Yeti’s optional independent heating remote control is sure to come in handy, enabling the driver to start heating the interior at the breakfast table so that the car is just the right temperature when it’s time to leave. When parking in narrow streets or when driving through narrow openings, the convenient electric folding door mirrors can be activated.