Current delivery times from build date

Petehusky

Ordered a 1.2 (105) DSG SE today :) expected delivery June. Skoda UK are quoting 14 - 18 week build times. I guess thats the price to pay for aggressive marketing and good products.

how long does it take a dealer to tell you about your build date orderd my roomy on the 10th of march

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long does it take a dealer to tell you about your build date orderd my roomy on the 10th of march

Ages. As`stated above,ordered mine Dec. 3rd , I'll let u know when I get the build date. As prev. mentioned , the DSG seem to be taking longer.

Yesterday I got the info that build week 13 is now confirmed for my new 1.2 TSI DSG Elegance (no sunroof). This means 12 weeks from order to production.

Yesterday I got the info that build week 13 is now confirmed for my new 1.2 TSI DSG Elegance (no sunroof). This means 12 weeks from order to production.

my dealer will be letting me now by email i hope mind you i don't mind leave me to save up more money

• 2 weeks later...

my dealer will be letting me now by email i hope mind you i don't mind leave me to save up more money

well dealer has rang me to say 14 week and they are building my roomy next week so mite get it 1st or 2nd week in may

will shall wait and see

Here is an email I received 2 days ago, my roomster1.2 tsi se dsg was ordered 1st Dec

""Hi John

Sorry it has taken a bit to get back to you i have been waiting a response from Skoda UK and they have finally got back to me.

Its not the best news but they have said we should be receiving a build date very shortly and it MAY not be a long time off being built.

I know this is a bit wishy washy but its the best i can get out of them !!!

I have three customers in the same predicament as yourself and i checking everyday to see if a build date has been assigned yet and as soon as i do i will contact you.""

Edited by P6bJOHN

Here is an email I received 2 days ago, my roomster1.2 tsi se dsg was ordered 1st Dec ""Hi John Sorry it has taken a bit to get back to you i have been waiting a response from Skoda UK and they have finally got back to me. Its not the best news but they have said we should be receiving a build date very shortly and it MAY not be a long time off being built. I know this is a bit wishy washy but its the best i can get out of them !!! I have three customers in the same predicament as yourself and i checking everyday to see if a build date has been assigned yet and as soon as i do i will contact you.""

Thats very similar to the message I had from my dealer for my Scout dsg ordered 2 days later than you. I'm in no rush, except that I'm beginning to think about the roomster 3 I'm trading in needs road tax and MOT after the end of May!! aarrgghh

Thats very similar to the message I had from my dealer for my Scout dsg ordered 2 days later than you. I'm in no rush, except that I'm beginning to think about the roomster 3 I'm trading in needs road tax and MOT after the end of May!! aarrgghh

i hope they have built my this week and i hope its not a friday car. you now wot they say about friday cars

keep my finges crossed mite start and buying a few bits for it now

I got my 1.2TSI DSG SE on tuesday after ordering it on the second of November last year, deaer quoted April, maybe March so spot on as far as being honest about it.

Edited by captainfly

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 1.2TSI DSG SE on tuesday after ordering it on the second of November last year, deaer quoted April, maybe March so spot on as far as being honest about

It would seem 5 months is consistant here. Iv'e had a message from the dealer that my Scout dsg will arrive at the end of April, (ordered 3rd. Dec.)

Todays update on 1/12/10 ordered Roomster 1.2 se 105 dsg:

"Morning John, I do have a slight update for you the order has now been accepted by the factory so i should be getting a build date for you in the next few days as soon as i do i will give you an update.We are getting there slowly but surely. Best Regards Matt Simpson"

They say all good things come to those who wait, I bl@%&Y well hope so!!

A more positive update from Finland: I have a confirmed delivery date on Friday next week, so for me the waiting time was 15 weeks (build week was 11 weeks) from order to delivery. The estimate I got when ordering was that delivery could take place end June, so clearly there has been some improvement in the delivery times. And yes, the car is 1 1.2 TSI 105 DSG Elegance (without glass roof though).

paid a deposit at( Rainworth Mansfield )for roomster 1.2 SE 105 / armrest/cappuccino/spare wheel/ was told by mark 10to14 weeks, very nice chap ( no hard sell of anything else) now the wait.

paid a deposit at( Rainworth Mansfield )for roomster 1.2 SE 105 / armrest/cappuccino/spare wheel/ was told by mark 10to14 weeks, very nice chap ( no hard sell of anything else) now the wait.

now more waiting its in the compond waiting for tax and then cleaning then putting the life shine on by autosmart

next saturday about 2.00 pm pete

ordered Roomster SE 1.6 beginning of March 2011 told mid june delivery likely and that i could track the order,build and delivery , but not yet on the system. so phoned and told it would not be on system until being built so mid june delivery is unlikely

On Dec 1st 2011 I ordered my Roomster and was told it would be ready for 1st March, stupidly I forgot to ask which year......

So from December to 2 May you just had it's on it's way then on 10 May it has arrived with no indication of any progress in between. Doesn't sound like good customer service? I suppose the good news is your wait is over.

Must be time for me to chase up Skoda UK and find out what happened to someone getting back to me, ho hum.

So from December to 2 May you just had it's on it's way then on 10 May it has arrived with no indication of any progress in between. Doesn't sound like good customer service? I suppose the good news is your wait is over.

Must be time for me to chase up Skoda UK and find out what happened to someone getting back to me, ho hum.

More or less , yes. They did tell me, at some stage, that the dsg was slowing things up(why, who knows).

I suppose, to phone me and say. ''There is nothing to report.'' would have been a bit pointless.

Edited by merseadog

I got a phone call today to collect my tsi 105 se dsg on Tuesday, 17th. It is not the car I ordered which was Mocha, it is a cancelled order in Cappucino. Due to a lack of communication I threw a hissy fit and got Skoda complaints involved on Thursday 5th May and it appears that they found my order 'missing' from Skodas system, hence the diffent colour. It is slightly more complicated than that but I found Skoda complaints dept excellent to deal with.

Collected My Roomster this afternoon, and so far I've only driven it 13 miles from the Simpsons to home, I do like driving at 40mph in 7th, instead of wasting fuel like my GM auto did (Corsa 16v 1.4), it refused to lock up in top until 53mph, under that it played guess the ratio and played a tune with the engine! I might get a chance to test it out later tomorrow, but my wife has bagged the drivers seat first.

I asked the salesman when I could expect delivery if I ordered the same spec today, he said probably next year!

Edited by P6bJOHN

ordered Roomster SE 1.6 beginning of March 2011 told mid june delivery likely and that i could track the order,build and delivery , but not yet on the system. so phoned and told it would not be on system until being built so mid june delivery is unlikely
Had an update on my March 3rd order yesterday, told provisional build week 28 (which is 11/7/2011) so it is looking more likely that the car will be a 61 plate by the time I see it.

Skoda UK Customers Services have told me there is no point in calling them for any more information on delivery times as they only have access to the same database as my dealer.