Current delivery times from build date

Petehusky

Hi - after what seems an eternity my replacement Roomster (first one arrived minus sunroof) has reached it's "build week" - when I re-ered I was told delivery late Nov/early Dec but obviously that's dropped back and on calling the garage they esimtated 4-6 weeks - ie early Jan. Does anyone know what the currenct build to delivery date is? Only asking as we're like most visinting relatives this Xmas and it'd be nice to have the new car. Any help/advice appreciated :thumbup:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - after what seems an eternity my replacement Roomster (first one arrived minus sunroof) has reached it's "build week" - when I re-ered I was told delivery late Nov/early Dec but obviously that's dropped back and on calling the garage they esimtated 4-6 weeks - ie early Jan. Does anyone know what the currenct build to delivery date is? Only asking as we're like most visinting relatives this Xmas and it'd be nice to have the new car. Any help/advice appreciated :thumbup:

Ordered a Scout 1.2 DSG to replace my Roomster 3 tiptronic in early December. Quoted a similar time to Hawkeracing, ie. late Feb. / Early March. Expect a phone call soon to confirm , or otherwise, that. B.T.W. although my '3' is fine I am changing mainly for 2 reasons , the better fuel economy, and lower tax. My '3' gives 40 mpg at best. Hope I am making the right move! Is someone going to tell me ? I await . ( OK I know Iv'e veered off subject a little)

Ordered a Scout 1.2 DSG to replace my Roomster 3 tiptronic in early December. Quoted a similar time to Hawkeracing, ie. late Feb. / Early March. Expect a phone call soon to confirm , or otherwise, that. B.T.W. although my '3' is fine I am changing mainly for 2 reasons , the better fuel economy, and lower tax. My '3' gives 40 mpg at best. Hope I am making the right move! Is someone going to tell me ? I await . ( OK I know Iv'e veered off subject a little)

My brother is doing something very similar to you, going from an Roomy Scout 1.6 Auto to a Roomy Scout 1.2 TSI DSG. He ordered it middle of September and is currently down for build week 3 making it a mid-February delivery. He's also hoping to improve his fuel economy - on paper the new TSI DSG models have around a 25% better fuel economy than the 1.6 Auto which if he manages the economy will save him around £500 in petrol each year.

• 4 weeks later...

My brother is doing something very similar to you, going from an Roomy Scout 1.6 Auto to a Roomy Scout 1.2 TSI DSG. He ordered it middle of September and is currently down for build week 3 making it a mid-February delivery. He's also hoping to improve his fuel economy - on paper the new TSI DSG models have around a 25% better fuel economy than the 1.6 Auto which if he manages the economy will save him around £500 in petrol each year.

spoke to my dealer about a se roomster if i order it now it will take 3 mounthsto cume got none at all in stock

spoke to my dealer about a se roomster if i order it now it will take 3 mounthsto cume got none at all in stock

Dealers have tended to say 3 months for a long time. I think you will find they are optimistic. I am still waiting for a phone update on mine and will be surprised if it arrives as originally quoted 'late feb -- early march'.

The dealer estimated 12 weeks, ordered 23rd August, collecting it tomorrow - that's 20 weeks.

Mind you it was held up in Emden for a while, arrived in the UK on Christmas Eve, I think that delivery from the factory might be a little quicker now.

The dealer estimated 12 weeks, ordered 23rd August, collecting it tomorrow - that's 20 weeks.

Mind you it was held up in Emden for a while, arrived in the UK on Christmas Eve, I think that delivery from the factory might be a little quicker now.

hi when you buy a skoda can go to the dealer and ask them where about is your car how far is it on the line in the factory. and on route step by step

hi when you buy a skoda can go to the dealer and ask them where about is your car how far is it on the line in the factory. and on route step by step

He can tell you when its built and then whereabouts in the world it is.

He can tell you when its built and then whereabouts in the world it is.

i shall ask my dealer about this when i go to order a new car in march before the vats ends. do they give you like a forum with dates and times sounds realy good

its a shame you can't track it on the laptop that would me sumethink thanks enyway for the info pete

Hello all,

I ordered my new Skoda Roomster in September. It has arrived in the UK, and I will hopefully take ownership within the next 10 days.

New to the forum. And new to Skoda, so here's hoping....

CatClan

Im currently negotiating for a new Roomster with the 1.2 TSI DSG combo in Finland, and the preliminary estimate for delivery is somewhere around 5 months emoticon-0106-crying.gif. The dealer mentioned that it is the engine+transmission that is causing the delay, but having driven 1/2 year with a DSG, I'd rather not go back back to manual again.

• 1 month later...

An update to this: Last week I got word from the dealer that the preliminary build week currently seems to be w13, meaning 12 weeks from order to production (add one month for delivery). This is still preliminary, but looks currently a lot better than the original 6 months :D

An update to this: Last week I got word from the dealer that the preliminary build week currently seems to be w13, meaning 12 weeks from order to production (add one month for delivery). This is still preliminary, but looks currently a lot better than the original 6 months :D

whent to my dealer sunday paid the deposet and told him the of the roomster black will order it today will see the sales chap

sat when i have my car washed and ask him about built date they said about 14 weeks pete

I ordered a Roomster 1.2 105 se dsg on 1st Dec for 'delivery' 1st March, this afternoon I emailed my dealer, Simpsons at Preston, for an update, and got the reply he would contact Skoda tomorrow to find out when my car will be ready. That doesn't look hopeful for next Tuesday does it. :doh:

Well, 1st of March now looks like 1st week in May :'( I could have built it myself in the 5 to 6 month delivery times.

Edited by P6bJOHN

I ordered a Roomster 1.2 105 se dsg on 1st Dec for 'delivery' 1st March, this afternoon I emailed my dealer, Simpsons at Preston, for an update, and got the reply he would contact Skoda tomorrow to find out when my car will be ready. That doesn't look hopeful for next Tuesday does it. :doh:

Well, 1st of March now looks like 1st week in May :'( I could have built it myself in the 5 to 6 month delivery times.

We are in almost the same position. (Ordered my Scout 1.2 dsg just 2 days later than you.) It will be interesting to see the actual dates we get our cars.

It will, considering I went in last month with my personalised plate retention cert and was told that my delivery was "on track for 1st March" Unfortunately it appears it might have been on track but was left in the sidings!! It better be worth the wait.

It will, considering I went in last month with my personalised plate retention cert and was told that my delivery was "on track for 1st March" Unfortunately it appears it might have been on track but was left in the sidings!! It better be worth the wait.

hi p6bjohn does the dealer give a ring when they have the date and how long will it be ive never waited for a new car

before ive got a private plates but i will have mine done when it arives ive orderd a black roomster se

Pete, Previously my dealers have always done the legwork, it is the first time I have had my plates on retention as I have sold the car they were on. I have never had to wait more than 3 months for a car before, always been ready for the new reg. coming out, i.e. 1st March or Sept. (although usually transferring straight to my own plate).

Pete, Previously my dealers have always done the legwork, it is the first time I have had my plates on retention as I have sold the car they were on. I have never had to wait more than 3 months for a car before, always been ready for the new reg. coming out, i.e. 1st March or Sept. (although usually transferring straight to my own plate).

hi john the same here the dealer has done my work has well just waiting for my build date