'the emperor has no clothes' applies to the Yeti ride

cant get no satisfaction

When test driving the Yeti the one thing that nearly broke the deal was the ride quality. I had a 1.9TDi Octavia before this and the Yeti was behind this on comfort, however its swings and roundabouts as the Yeti's handling is far superior to the Octavia (which still handles well but is less forgiving in corners). It depends on what you want from a car, loads of comfort or that extra bit of driving fun.

I have a 2.0 TDI 110 "Ambition" with 16 inch wheels and 215 tyres, and the ride quality is what sold me the car.

Maybe I only came from a limited edition Renault Grand Modus "Exception" (with low profile tyres) - but if you've ever lived with one of those for a year (I couldn't put up with the ride a moment longer ... aaaghh!) you too would be singing the praises of the Yeti, I reckon. ;)

I have a 2.0 TDI 110 "Ambition" with 16 inch wheels and 215 tyres, and the ride quality is what sold me the car.

Maybe I only came from a limited edition Renault Grand Modus "Exception" (with low profile tyres) - but if you've ever lived with one of those for a year (I couldn't put up with the ride a moment longer ... aaaghh!) you too would be singing the praises of the Yeti, I reckon. ;)

But you are driving on 16" wheels - I believe that ride quality suffers significantly with the 17" wheels that are standard on the Elegance model and which Skoda won't let you change to 16" wheels ----- WHY???

But you are driving on 16" wheels - I believe that ride quality suffers significantly with the 17" wheels that are standard on the Elegance model and which Skoda won't let you change to 16" wheels ----- WHY???

Thats not been my experience. :no:

Ive done 3,000 miles on the 16" wheels now and I'd say theres only the smallest of differences and these are only detectable on the most severe bumps. My 16" tyres also have softer side walls than the 17's.

My opinion is, that this is NOT due to turbo engine, but instead the issue is mainly DSG! If you're not familiar to DSG, you tend to push the gas pedal pedal too much, and then you get too much acceleration. First, let the car start running just around iddle, and when it is moving, thereafter you may depress the accelerator smoothly, nice and easy.

Here here, my friends DSG VRS does nothing when you floor it , then it changes down a couple of gears then takes off. If you have paddles on the wheel use them or use the gearbox as a manual :thumbup:

True. But then I discovered this lesson with the Renault. I was really worried when I heard that Skoda had run out of 16" wheels and were supplying 17" instead for a while. I would simply have refused the car.

Edited by allena