2. 2. What would you like to do?

• Eat pub grub
    • Do a long walk
    • Do a short walk
    • Camp
    • Do a green lane
    • Do a scenic drive in convoy
    • Buy 2 for 1 deals in said Tesco

Well I suggested a pub meet in this thread and was wondering if anyone would be up for this?

The Sportsman in Mogador - see picture attached. It is very close to J8 (Reigate) on the M25 and very easy to get to. There is also a lovely walk from here (which is a 5 minute drive from the pub), to walk back over the M25 to look over the South Downs from around here. Magnificent views from here. (See here and here). The walk is no more than 20 minutes to that point but from there one can walk around as far as one would like of course.

If the above does not appeal fill in the poll and/or suggest more things/places for me to add to that poll.

This is of course more London and South East baised but of course anyone with the will to drive here can come!

post-55900-12907733182147_thumb.jpg

Edited by 900000

Well I suggested a pub meet in this thread and was wondering if anyone would be up for this?

The Sportsman in Mogador - see picture attached. It is very close to J8 (Reigate) on the M25 and very easy to get to. There is also a lovely walk from here (which is a 5 minute drive from the pub), to walk back over the M25 to look over the South Downs from around here. Magnificent views from here. The walk is no more than 20 minutes to that point but from there one can walk around as far as one would like of course.

If the above does not appeal fill in the poll and/or suggest more things/places for me to add to that poll.

This is of course more London and South East baised but of course anyone with the will to drive here can come!

Im right at the top of the M25 - J25 so a bit of a treck but I guess us SM owners are all spready a bit thin!

Id be up for a meet if it was on a weekend and I was free. :yes:

I'd be up for that Johann. Although if you could disguise your sunroof, that would be appreciated. Don't want to get envious!

Fenboy I will close the blind! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif From inside at least you won't notice it (at night).

If you chaps want to use the the showroom as a starting point for a bit of a drive out you are more than welcome to!

Sounds like an even better plan James! Thanks.

But Harvey Monster has only just escaped from the Deep South......Will have to wait for the next meet........"Up t' Yorkshire". :yes:

Can arrange another Moors run next year for those interested and obviously when I get Monster III :thumbup:

Regards,

TP

There is another option for those of us with other offroad vehicles - meet up and go for a ride offroad on mountain bikes.

Might suit the 2WD members who don't want to go down green lanes, but want to get muddy. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mike

OK all looks encouraging I have to say. The period up to and over Christmas is always a mad rush with this and that for everyone so lets pencil this in for our first Adventure © sometime in early 2011.

So how about:

Sat 8th of Jan

Sun 9th of Jan

Sat 29th of Jan

Sun 30th of Jan

OK all looks encouraging I have to say. The period up to and over Christmas is always a mad rush with this and that for everyone so lets pencil this in for our first Adventure © sometime in early 2011.

So how about:

Sat 8th of Jan

Sun 9th of Jan

Sat 29th of Jan

Sun 30th of Jan

There's a chance I'll have my SM by the 29th/30th otherwise may need to be next time... my current wheels aren't really suited to "greenlaning" (white beemer 3 series convertable with pale leather interior!!)... Ben

There's a chance I'll have my SM by the 29th/30th otherwise may need to be next time... my current wheels aren't really suited to "greenlaning" (white beemer 3 series convertable with pale leather interior!!)... Ben

I very much doubt we will go green laning since that requires experienced people to come with. Maybe we should have two types of Yeti Adventure:

"Yeti Adventure" with a capital A that might include green laning and could be more 4x4 baised and "Yeti adventure" with a lower case for going to the pub and parking cars in a row, having a chat and taking pics.

So this first one I think is a "Yeti adventure" and any snow white BMW is welcome to come, to poke and jump in and out of cars and chat and look (as long as you don't park between the monsters and ruin the photo opps!) emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Don't need to go green landing today, just go out in the snow and enjoyemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Traffic is awful in Croydon today. I did 1/2 mile in 15 minutes, the snow is settling on the main roads not good. I've cancelled my appointments for today. It really isn't worth it going out in the Polo, it was sliding everywhere.

Mike

Yep indoors is best if you can. It was gridlock in Sutton too. The yeti wasn't too bad, but the change to winter tyres on Thursday for me ,will be a relief I think.

Biggest problem is so many clueless people out there, and why do people drive so close behind? Its madness!

As I had to cancel all my apts. today, I went out for a cycle ride.emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

12.5 miles in 2 3/4 hours, that's a record for me. Never ridden for so long, so slowly. I was developing my skid control downhill on ice on the roads emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

It was really hard work cycling though snow about 8-10" deep in places when off road, specially when the gowned underneath is badly rutted & in places very muddy. My front & rear suspension didn't seem to work very well today - must be the freezing conditions.

Now I need an SM to practice in.

Mike