'MyTyres' twist

(IIRC, this has been briefly touched on before).

Ordered set of winter tyres - each @ £122. Order accepted through website on Monday. Just now, I received 'e' demanding money be sent to their London Bank. At no point, in my phonecall to check stock or whilst website processed my card details, has there been any indication that processing would NOT occur.

Coincidentally, current price of tyre = £216.

I have so far responded by saying I expect my order to be processed.

Comments please.

Ordered set of winter tyres - each @ £122. Order accepted through website on Monday. Just now, I received 'e' demanding money be sent to their London Bank. At no point, in my phonecall to check stock or whilst website processed my card details, has there been any indication that processing would NOT occur.

Comments please.

Check with company you placed original order with and ask what's going on

Comments please.

They won't process your order.

Apparently though, if you cancel and re-order you can pay by credit card as you're no longer a first time customer, not that it's a good idea in this case with the price difference.

I would call them and see if they'll be reasonable, else stuff 'em! I certainly wouldn't buy anything unseen via bank transfer, you lose a lot of protection.

Ring/email mytyres directly. Either someone's scamming or at very least you should only have to pay the original quoted price. Someone else had problems with their first attempt to order from them, but on second attempt the card went through? I'd ring them pronto! :yes:

I had no problem in using PayPal for my four tyres from MyTyres on Monday - they arrived at the local tyre place today, and are now fitted.

Sounds like someone has hijacked something between you and MyTyres.

Brian

No it doesn't

Nick,

I'm happy to be corrected, but your reply would have been rather more helpful if you told us why, instead of just offering a three word response that's not of much help to anyone, and appears a wee bit rude.

Brian

I had no problem in using PayPal for my four tyres from MyTyres on Monday - they arrived at the local tyre place today, and are now fitted.

Sounds like someone has hijacked something between you and MyTyres.

Brian

+1 on that :thumbdown:

For the benefit of many readers, including myself, who I'm sure don't understand why you replied "No it doesn't"

could you please expand on your reply.

Thank you, Ramonford - "great minds...", etc Glad it wasn't just me.

Brian

Wondering if they're getting swamped as one of the few places saying they've got stock in.

I ordered yesterday and paid by credit card but have not had any email confirmation of the order yet. Phoned them but no reply.

Maybe by the time they turn up the snow will be gone...

I've just ordered a set of 4 winter tires from mytires a few days ago. couple of hours later I received an email confirming the order, now I've just received this email???

Dear Mr. Fitzsimons

We refer to your tyre order RD .............. dated 01.12.2010 15:32:45. Unfortunately we have to inform you that as per company policy we cannot process your order until you transfer the outstanding sum of GBP 602.80 into the following account, remembering to include your order number RD...........

Account 20737320

Commerzbank AG, London Branch

Sort code 40-62-01

Please inform us if you still wish to continue with this order.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely

Team Delticom

Is this normal. Paid by credit card so why do they want a bank transfer?

For the benefit of many readers, including myself, who I'm sure don't understand why you replied "No it doesn't"

could you please expand on your reply.

Sure. I was dashing out earlier, hence the blunt reply.

A quick Google search shows that MyTyres / Delti cancelling credit card payments for first orders on an account and requesting bank transfer instead is pretty common, especially if you requested the tyres be sent to address that doesn't match the card-holder's home address. It has nothing to do with anybody's payment being "hi-jacked" and suggesting such doesn't help this thread and I feel it's wrong to allow baseless posts casting doubt over a company's payment security to go un-checked.

A quick Google search shows that MyTyres / Delti cancelling credit card payments for first orders on an account and requesting bank transfer instead is pretty common, especially if you requested the tyres be sent to address that doesn't match the card-holder's home address. It has nothing to do with anybody's payment being "hi-jacked" and suggesting such doesn't help this thread and I feel it's wrong to allow baseless posts casting doubt over a company's payment security to go un-checked.

Unsure quite what this comment means, but there are 2 points for me that it doesn't address:

1. no info, from phone receptionist or from website, that the payment process offered and completed is in practice redundant (for whatever reason);

2. initial 'e' from 'MyTyres' says my order is being processed, and tyres will be sent to the approved fitting station. 2nd 'e' undermines this by telling me to send money to their Bank.

So either phone them up to voice concerns, or verify the bank account details the email advise you to use with those on http://ssl.delti.com/mytyres_co_uk/FAQs/Questions_about_ordering_Payment.html and proceed with the order, or cancel the order altogether.

I'm not saying I think it's a particularly great situation. I also don't think their price hikes on winter tyres are good either. But it's not right to spread FUD about their payments being "hi-jacked".

Thanks for your views, Nick.

It was NOT my fault that you dashed out earlier, so please realise in future how you can come across to those of us who have no knowledge of your movements. And just because I didn't do a Google search, it does not make your original post any more valid.

Better to give a considered and full reply, rather than fire off a few words that lead to confusion, and don't assist the thread. This should be especially so, as you are a forum administrator.

I would have preferred, "Sorry. I was dashing out earlier, hence the blunt reply", myself, and I hope I would have done the same if the positions were reversed.

Your reply still doesn't tell us why the price was hiked in the meantime - I'm certainly not blaming MyTyres. As said, I am nothing but a satisfied customer.

Brian

Quote from suggested 'link to Site'. Interesting?:

What methods of payment do you accept?

You can pay by credit card, cheque or by bank transfer.

Payment in advance by bank transfer or cheque. With these two payment methods you pay for the goods before you receive them. You therefore do not have the chance to inspect the goods for any faults or damage first.

- Payment by credit card Here you enter your credit card number and expiry date. Your goods will be sent out immediately after your card details have been checked.

Please transfer the full amount shown on the invoice within 7 days from date of invoice to the following account: :

Delticom Ltd

Commerzbank London Branch

Commerzbank House

PO Box 286

23 Austin Friars

London EC2P 2 JD

Account number: 20737320

Sort code: 406201

SWIFT code: COBAGB2X

Most would never "wire" their funds to a UK company, I don't see why they can't accept credit card or even paypal, you can by £2k worth of home hifi so why not a few tyres. There's plenty of other traders out there and they might even be cheaper. :thumbup:

Don't worry Brian, its not the first time we've had blunt or unhelpful repies fron Nick. :wonder:

It was NOT my fault that you dashed out earlier, so please realise in future how you can come across to those of us who have no knowledge of your movements. And just because I didn't do a Google search, it does not make your original post any more valid.

Better to give a considered and full reply, rather than fire off a few words that lead to confusion, and don't assist the thread. This should be especially so, as you are a forum administrator.

You've got a point - I'll take that on board. :thumbup: Now let's keep on topic please.

Most would never "wire" their funds to a UK company, I don't see why they can't accept credit card or even paypal, you can by £2k worth of home hifi so why not a few tyres. There's plenty of other traders out there and they might even be cheaper. :thumbup:

Don't worry Brian, its not the first time we've had blunt or unhelpful repies fron Nick. :wonder:

MyTyres aren't a UK company though are they? I thought they were German owned... If you look at the last line of their terms and conditions it states that German Law applies.

The mytyres.co.uk website is just a UK front to the parent company by the looks of things

I'm not saying that the transfer to the bank for the first order is something I'd be happy with though as credit card payments offer more security if the goods don't arrive, but maybe they are just safeguarding themselves against fraudulent credit card transactions as they seem to be happy to use them after your first order. Would still make me think twice though...

The fact is that if you pay via card, you have consumer protection. By forcing you to pay via a bank transfer, you lose pretty much all power to retrieve your money if things go wrong.

The emails I got from mytyres seemed to indicate that it's because of fraudulent transactions. However I've had a card merchant account myself and I know that it's possible to check the card details match the shipping address.

So basically, mytyres are treating ALL new customers as potential fraudsters, or they are deliberately forcing people to use a payment method which effectively removes your consumer credit act rights for some unknown reason. Either way, it's a shocking way to treat customers.

I have read this thread carefully and it seems the request to pay by bank transfer comes when the customer specifies a different delivery address to the address the card is registered at (delivered to tyre fitting centre) I bought tyres from them last year and payed by credit card no problem, but I had the tyres delivered to me. I can understand both sides of the problem, but the solution seems to be to get the tyres delivered to the same address the card is registered at. Hope I've followed this right and this helps.