Superb V6 finally arrived - with surprise additions

Finally, after ordering back in early August, my Super V6 in Mocca with Ivory leather has finally arrived!

(and with all this snow, the 4 wheel drive is a godsend!)

Interestingly, the car came with a boot spoiler as standard (I did not specify it) and also the daytime running lights next to the fog lights, which I thought were only on the new estate. Also, the rear 'fin' does not have a separate normal arial sticking up behind it.

First impressions are that this is an amazing car, very well built and full of thoughtful touches. The power of the V6 is wonderful and the DSG is brilliant.

Finally, after ordering back in early August, my Super V6 in Mocca with Ivory leather has finally arrived!

Interestingly, the car came with a boot spoiler as standard (I did not specify it) and also the daytime running lights next to the fog lights, which I thought were only on the new estate. Also, the rear 'fin' does not have a separate normal arial sticking up behind it.

First impressions are that this is an amazing car, very well built and full of thoughtful touches. The power of the V6 is wonderful and the DSG is brilliant.

Good news that it's arrived and your pleased with your V6! - I'm sure i would be as well, if i could afford to run it!

The DRL's are on all new Superb Elegance models as for as i'm aware, my Superb (Albeit an Estate) also has no additional aerial.

Al.

Good news that it's arrived and your pleased with your V6! - I'm sure i would be as well, if i could afford to run it!

Al.

Yeh - the 18.9mpg I'm currently getting is a bit of a shocker, but I did one dual carridgeway cruise and it jumped to 30.8mpg, so perhaps it'll encourage me to slow down a bit!

Yeh - the 18.9mpg I'm currently getting is a bit of a shocker, but I did one dual carridgeway cruise and it jumped to 30.8mpg, so perhaps it'll encourage me to slow down a bit!

I would love that 3.6ltr, but witha 110 mile commute it would make me cry at all those fill-ups. You enjoy it though, does it sound real nice?

I would have loved the V6 but just out of my budget! you have a very good car! I know I drive 2 of them! (one a company car).

What's the annual road tax on the V6?

(out of interest, if you don't mind a non-superb owner asking)

Road Tax - I think its about £450 - but am guessing based on something I saw a while back. I'm sure others might know the exact amount.

Re engine noise - The engine is very smooth and the sound is purposeful. It sounds 'expensive' if that doesn't sound too weird... Its not like an Alfa V6 - more cultured and less vocal.

Best bit so far - the heated windscreen!

Does the V6 have a bigger fuel tank. The one on my wife's 2.0 diesel only holds sufficient for 450 - 500 miles. After an Audi A4 we seam to be forever stopping to refuel.

John

What's the annual road tax on the V6?

(out of interest, if you don't mind a non-superb owner asking)

First year, I think, £750. Following years £445 or £450.....not cheap :no:

Does the V6 have a bigger fuel tank. The one on my wife's 2.0 diesel only holds sufficient for 450 - 500 miles. After an Audi A4 we seam to be forever stopping to refuel.

John

Fuel tank is same size as all other Superbs so between 300 to 350 miles is about it! I don't mind as stopping for fuel is an excuse to buy anouther bag of Wine Gums yum!

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!

:D

Very sorry about lack of pics, but my tech skills are somehwere below caveman. My company I.T. people describe it as a "Chair/Keyboard Interface Problem".

I am just chuffed when I type a message and my PC does not explode...

Very sorry about lack of pics, but my tech skills are somehwere below caveman. My company I.T. people describe it as a "Chair/Keyboard Interface Problem".

I am just chuffed when I type a message and my PC does not explode...

Hi Professor,

Where in the North East are you, and who was your supplying dealer?

We could get together and take you some photie's...! - I've never seen 2 Superb Estates side by side before!

Al.

Edited by ukcruiser

Hi Professor,

Where in the North East are you, and who was your supplying dealer?

We could get together and take you some photie's...! - I've never seen 2 Superb Estates side by side before!

Al.

Mines a hatch, no wait its a saloon, no wait its a hatch...

Dealer was Silbury Skoda in Cramlington. Bought a Fabia vRS from them a while back and they seem pretty decent. They were very understanding with the Fabia which I had chipped by AMD (195bhp & 315 lbft) when I needed some warranty work done ;)

If only skoda had put a 3 lit v6 diesel in the superb what a wonderful car that would have been i would definitely have bought one.my old 320 v6 mercedes would do 35 to the gallon around town.bill

If only skoda had put a 3 lit v6 diesel in the superb what a wonderful car that would have been i would definitely have bought one.my old 320 v6 mercedes would do 35 to the gallon around town.bill

I thoroughly agree with you on that one. Had a Saab 95 estate with the 3ltr Diesel brilliant bit of kit. But I doubt if VAG will let Skoda do it, the Superb is affecting Passat sales as it is let alone letting it have a go at Audi as well!

but we can dream and if they do I know what I am getting in 3 years time

I thoroughly agree with you on that one. Had a Saab 95 estate with the 3ltr Diesel brilliant bit of kit. But I doubt if VAG will let Skoda do it, the Superb is affecting Passat sales as it is let alone letting it have a go at Audi as well!

but we can dream and if they do I know what I am getting in 3 years time

whats the betting that we get the 2.7 v6 out of the A6 when the new A6 comes out in the new year ?

the reason i say this is didnt the mk1 get the old 2.5 from a6

as i pretty sure that the a6 is in line and the superb is transverse so if the 2.5 was inline in the a6 then transverse in the mk1 then (my) logic says that the 2.7 will go transverse in the mk2

but then again isnt the a4 transverse as well and gets the full spread of engines

or am i way off track ?

Andy

so if the 2.5 was inline in the a6 then transverse in the mk1 then (my) logic says that the 2.7 will go transverse in the mk2

but then again isnt the a4 transverse as well and gets the full spread of engines

or am i way off track ?

Andy

Yes, the MKI Superb engines were all inline

With VAG about to dumb down the std spec in the Skoda models (rather than increase the VW and Audi's spec and build quality back ahead of Skoda's) then IMO I doubt they will introduce a big V diesel engine into the Superb as this will yet again close the gap too much between the marques.

Silbury Skoda replaced my screen and the after-sales service was good - Unfortunately, they did not get the initial sale of my car, as their pricing was over £900's higher than that of a not-so local dealer. The car was ordered through DMKeith in Bradford, who were, 100% faultless throughout.

Al.

whats the betting that we get the 2.7 v6 out of the A6 when the new A6 comes out in the new year ?

the reason i say this is didnt the mk1 get the old 2.5 from a6

as i pretty sure that the a6 is in line and the superb is transverse so if the 2.5 was inline in the a6 then transverse in the mk1 then (my) logic says that the 2.7 will go transverse in the mk2

or am i way off track ?

Andy

The a4 engine is longitudinal not transverse.

/P

The a4 engine is longitudinal not transverse.

/P

is it ?

always tought they were transverse

or is it the older a4 <2008 were longitudal and the new one's are transverse i know the passats were lngitudal and is now transverse

so is the mk1 superb transverse or logitudal ?

Andy