My new Fabia vRS Combi(estate)

Tunpero

the vrs is already 20mm lower than a standard fabia. the 50 profile means there's less gap between wheel arch and tyre.

if your's is 40mm lower than standard, it's actually only 20mm lower than a vrs. now, with 50 profile it's probably about the same in terms of the above gap.

Yes, you right.. Here's Fabia vRS HB with normal springs and 16" winter wheels with 45-profile tire (mine is 50) and here lowered, with original 17" wheels (H&R promo picture)

And below is same HB lowered...

Madallus_Etu.JPG

Madallus_Taka.JPG

Madallus_Sivu.JPG

Without lowering...again. For comparing

Fabia_RS.jpg

Edited by Tunpero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stunning looking car you got there-would have ordered the vRS but the missus has'nt driven for 20 years so prob be too much of a beast for her to drive, so ordered a 1.2tsi dsg hatch. so how are you finding the DSG gearbox in the snow as i've read mix reviews on here. thanks

stunning looking car you got there-would have ordered the vRS but the missus has'nt driven for 20 years so prob be too much of a beast for her to drive, so ordered a 1.2tsi dsg hatch. so how are you finding the DSG gearbox in the snow as i've read mix reviews on here. thanks

Madallus_Taka.JPG

the standard suspension is a better fit than lowered. the distance around the wheel arch and the tyre is the same all the way around whereas with the lowered, it looks out of proportion with a small gap in the middle of the whell arch and larger gaps at the sides of the arches.

Thanks! I havent notice nothing "unusual" with DSG-box at winter! Works perfectly. On the other hand, i havent still accelerate at full throttle, so im not sure how it works when driving "sporty way"... Overall i think that DSG-works great also at snowy roads!

And congrats for a great choise of motor!

Edited by Tunpero

Thanks! I havent notice nothing "unusual" with DSG-box at winter! Works perfectly. On the other hand, i havent still accelerate at full throttle, so im not sure how it works when driving "sporty way"... Overall i think that DSG-works great also at snowy roads!

And congrats for a great choise of motor!

thanks for your assistance on the matter-can't wait for it to turn up-saying that the snow will be gone when it turns up "week 9 build". i did take the vRS for a test drive and got to say it was a pleasure to drive. i work all over Wales and most of the day is spent driving a van, so now trying to persuade my boss on getting a estate car when the lease is up in Febuary on the van so prob look a octavia vRS DSG estate

Well I've just bought a race blue hatch with White roof and optional dark chrome alloys. In stock so ready for Xmas! My partner has also ordered the yeti elegance Dsg but that's a lifetime away! So my trusty vrs tdi estate is going...... Not even driven the furby but I'm sure I'll love it!

Driven only about 200 kilometers and my average is 8-9 liters/ 100km. Someone can translate that to mpg :) My friends is working at Skoda retailer and he told that, you must drive couple of thousand kilometers before you motor mpg is "default"...

About 30 mpg ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hmm in denmark we cant get any of the fabia vRS's because skoda in denmark think its going to cost to much..

the polo gti has a price of 43.333€ 3.doors and 44.350€ in 5.doors and the ibiza cupra is 42.000€. so i guees that if they where to put it on sale the price would be somewhere in between those 2 and i wont even think of the price of the estate... more than what the polo cost i guess :wall:

the top of the line fabia estate sport with 1,2 tsi 105hp dsg cost 31.200€ so there's a huge gap up to a vRS if it should be priced in between polo and ibiza.

so im really jealous seeing all those pictures of beautiful vRS's :'(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the standard suspension is a better fit than lowered. the distance around the wheel arch and the tyre is the same all the way around whereas with the lowered, it looks out of proportion with a small gap in the middle of the whell arch and larger gaps at the sides of the arches.

You don't mean on the vRS though surely? Well, not the hatch anyway, to me that has a much larger gap round the top as standard. Did wonder why the estate seems to sit lower as according to the brochure specs it is actually lighter than the hatch !?

I will certainly be considering lowering mine a little as I'm with you on having it as even as possible right round the arch.

@Tunpero, Loving the black alloys on the estate, thanks for sharing, has made me more confident about sticking with them on my order.

so how are you finding the DSG gearbox in the snow as i've read mix reviews on here. thanks

DSG + Snow + Summer Tyres = A whole world of grief.

DSG + Snow + Winter Tyres = No problem at all.

Cheers

Lee