Boot opening with remote?

danrp

Just a very quick question, I've noticed on my MY11 VRS Hatch then when I hold down the boot release button on the remote for about a second or two the lock mechanism appears to try and pop the boot slightly, however it never unlatches. Should it? Seems weird to try and fail?

The hatch is so heavy that the boot doesn't open enough, the latch stays undone for a couple of seconds or so but if you leave it longer than that you'll need to use the pad over the number plate...

Mine never does open completely, it justs disables the deadlocks and unlocks the boot which then pops open a fraction, I just press on the pad above the number plate like I normally do and the boot opens normally, please though whatever you do, keep your keys in your pocket as when you shut the boot it will lock again very quickly and if you've put your keys down in the boot you are up the proverbial creek without a paddle, as I found to my emabarrasment at work one day, had to get a friend to run me home and my brother to meet me there with spare house key so I could get in to get the spare car key.

Ian

So did you finally get that to work Pagey ?

For 3 weeks it was excellent, but now..............not so much! :giggle:

I think it needs experimentation, the springs are definately the right length but they obviously weaken over time, I do have a stronger set, just haven't got around to fitting them.

Mine briefly unlatches fully, but then the weight of the hatch partially shuts it again, so you basically have to stand next to the boot lid applying upwards pressure when you hold the boot unlock button on the remote, which defeats the purpose as you can just press the button on the lid anyway, although I suppose the keyfob way will unlock and disable the alarm first. I'm just rambling now, apologies if you've read this far.

Mine is the same and has been since new. I didn't think about it. Just press the button as I life the boot.

Edited by Aspman