Autoglym protection

Hi, my car is now in Grimsby, so getting closer to dealer. The dealer has an offer on at the moment for the Autoglym lifeshine protection for £150 ( half price ). I like the idea the car will be protected as soon as I leave the dealers, plus you get the maintanence pack. Has anyone had this protection? should I save my money and buy other paint protection.

Edited by darren tt

Never heard of an AutoGlym protection kit as such... There are a few out there tho! But mark ups are huge! Products themselves as kits are available on eBay for less than £20.... We had it done on my wifes car for £0.01 and t be honest, it wasn't worth it. That was supaguard I think...

Al.

I had the Autoglym put on the exterior of a black car, albeit it was a used vehicle, given black is a barsteward to keep clean - problem solved I thought! I'm glad I didn't pay for it - pocket the money and give your new car regular washses and occasionally use some decent cleaners and polishes.

Edited by Chubbs

I've heard that although it can be effective, the mark-up is huge, and yes, regular washing and periodic waxing can be just as effective. There are plenty of sites offering a shed load of info on valeting. I was going to get my Saab fully valeted, but a day outside with a load of autoglym products gave me the result I was looking for at a fraction of the cost... that was a few months ago and water was still beading nicely right up to the start of the cold spells and will probably continue to do so when I eventually wash all the salt off...!!

I've heard that although it can be effective, the mark-up is huge, and yes, regular washing and periodic waxing can be just as effective. There are plenty of sites offering a shed load of info on valeting. I was going to get my Saab fully valeted, but a day outside with a load of autoglym products gave me the result I was looking for at a fraction of the cost... that was a few months ago and water was still beading nicely right up to the start of the cold spells and will probably continue to do so when I eventually wash all the salt off...!!

I will still go for the Autoglym lifeshine treatment, I should be picking my car up in the next few weeks and the roads at the moment are rubbish, so the car will have some protection from day one. I could always change the polish and protection at a later date. The cost should be £299, but I have managed to get it for £150, so not so much mark up.

All the tar and dirt from these broken up roads will stick to your bodywork no matter what you have paid hansomely for. the only solution is to regularly clean the paintwork and re-wax.

When you clean the paintwork your Autoglm will be removed.

Also it is good excercise polishing the car!!!

When i got my second vrs in july i didnt bother with the lifeshine as i did on the first one just let dealer prep it as norm then used ag hd wax the difference in quality of finish was unbeliveable water still beaded after 2 months where as life shine went afer about a month have since treated again and car is very easy to clean.

Past couple of cars have had life shine products which are usually only warrentied for 5 years.

My wifes Rebault at 12 years and 110000 miles with no life shine showed its age depsite regular cleaning and polishing. My Toyota at 11 years and 140000 with life shine and cleaned as regular as the Renault and you could tell the difference, the Toyota had far less scratches and the paint didn't go as dull. Both were metalic finishes.

In our house we use whichever car is first on the driveway, so I use the wifes car as much as she uses mine, so the annual mileage is comparable and how the cars are driven.

Over 5 years it is worth the money but no substitute for regular cleaning and polishing but it does compliment it.

Is the snowfoam lance specific for that operation, or would a normal "jet wash" with a detergent intake hose?

Snowfoam needs air to mix with the detergent and water, so the standard jet-wash intake tanks will not work or should I say, will not make foam.

I got the £39 Autobrite one, it's not cheap, but it should last a lifetime, and is available to fit most makes of jet-wash. I don't work for them BTW :no:

Edited by Tankdave