Installing the V7 maps and 2760 firmware on the Columbus

JAB

I would like to install the V7 maps and 2760 firmware on the Columbus unit in my Superb II

Having read extensively on these forums please could someone confirm that my understanding is correct and is as follows

The 7260 firmware will work with my unit – I do not know the revision number of the unit a b c etc. but the unit was supplied with the car and the car was built April 2009

The new firm ware is needed to enable 7 digit post code input

The age of the car means that there will not be any power drain issues

Upgrading the firmware and maps will not wipe the HDD

Thanks

John

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight forward process, you need the unmodified 2760 firmware disk, and its a simple install.

I did my 2008 one, firmware installed without a hitch and the maps were the same also. No battery drain problems to report either.

As Manny says:

- It is a straight forward process. This link has the correct firmware for your car http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VD5REKW1

- You need above 266X firmware & V7 Mapsfor 7 Digit search to work.

- Your HDD will remain intact once you have upgraded the firmware

- Only Can Gateway below K Revision (early 2007 and previous) suffer battery drain.

HTH

Carl :thumbup:

Many thanks for the quick concise reply Manny and Carl, I have the disks (thanks for the link) and will try the upgrade tomorrow.

John

Update

It took longer to get round to doing the upgrade but I managed today using Carl's instructions. All went as described and all fully working. I also managed to pair my new Samsung Galaxy s which works well although it too 10+ attempts to enter the 16 digit code.

Thanks for all the help again

John

Hi

I have a June 2009 Superb running V3 maps on the sat nav and they are terrible with missing streets and only 5 digit post codes.

Please could somebody tell me where I can get the V7 maps mentioned above, the "firmware", and some very "noddy" instructions as to how a techno luddite can install them.

Many thanks in advance

Chough

Hello,

I have a March 2010 Elegance but I don't know firmware version of the Columbus head unit and the secret menu thingy doesn't appear to be enabled.

Anyone any idea as to what FW was current at this time and what improvements does 2760 if it is not already on the unit.

Also should all maxi dot / steering wheel integration etc survive a FW upgrade?

Regards,

GT

Hello,

I have a March 2010 Elegance but I don't know firmware version of the Columbus head unit and the secret menu thingy doesn't appear to be enabled.

Anyone any idea as to what FW was current at this time and what improvements does 2760 if it is not already on the unit.

Regards,

GT

I think my Elegance is a March 2010 car too, secret menu is disabled too, but I had no problem installing V7 maps with no need to upgrade F/W.

Hi

I have a June 2009 Superb running V3 maps on the sat nav and they are terrible with missing streets and only 5 digit post codes.

Please could somebody tell me where I can get the V7 maps mentioned above, the "firmware", and some very "noddy" instructions as to how a techno luddite can install them.

Many thanks in advance

Chough

VWNavi.com is the best place to get firmware from. Maps you will have to buy from a dealer. There are torrents on the net that google will reveal but remember that is illegal ;)

Hello,

Regards,

GT

A march 2010 car will have at least 268X firmware and more than likely 272X. There is no benefit for you changing however if you do then your Maxidot & MFSW will remain intact :)

Hello,

Regards,

GT

On upgrading I lost the sound system, so the can bus had to be updated.

Thanks for the link Carl, did my Oct 2008 system yesterday. Had some 'fun' burning the CD until I found a program called ImgBurn on the web.

When the system first came up I had lost Navigation and Audio from my MFD menu but could still control things from the steering wheel buttons. I then did a <>i reboot and they came back, along with what looked like a greyed out bluetooth icon in the Media screen of the Columbus, but when I went back to the car later the bluetooth icon had gone and I cannot see how to get it back in any of the menus?

Does anyone have a link to an upgraded user guide that covers the features that are new with this release?

Hi lads i have a 2010 Elegance think its Feb/ March but i dont have the secret menu and the phone dont show up on the Maxi Dot i.e the Phone carrier and signal. the only options i get for the phone on the Maxi is recent calls , received , dialled and phonebook. Will a firmware upgrade ive me all the options ?? and secret menu ?? cheers lads

The only way to enable the secret menu is by VCDS, its off by default so unless someone does it for you then the menu will remain hidden. Upgrading the firmware on its own will not enable the menu.

Thanks carl i downloaded the firmware from the link on this page and burned it to a dvd disc, i put it in the Columbus and sum error came up this is what it read

" SWL CD detected but invalid Clamp state please remove CD and either......

( A ) Change the clamp state to hour mode and reinsert the CD or...

( B ) Press any of the menu buttons to coninue with normal operation.

Did this firmware work for others lads ??

Cheers

I had exactly the same today take your key out the ignition it should work then.

Thanks carl i downloaded the firmware from the link on this page and burned it to a dvd disc, i put it in the Columbus and sum error came up this is what it read

" SWL CD detected but invalid Clamp state please remove CD and either......

( A ) Change the clamp state to hour mode and reinsert the CD or...

( B ) Press any of the menu buttons to coninue with normal operation.

Did this firmware work for others lads ??

Cheers

Thanks T-1000 it worked got secret menu up after install , still cant get phone carrier shown up on Maxi Dot is that down to the type of phone ?? i have an iPhone 3Gs it loads up phonebook last calls etc anyway just waiting on new maps now thanks again mate

I don't think the Phone carrier shows up on the Maxidot just the MFD3.

In future if you get the invalid clamp state it usually requires you to change the clock from 12/24hr or vice versa. But also it will say that if you have the key in the ignition.

Firmware updates are done without the key in the ignition so that there is no interuption from the Can Gateway during the process, which could in turn lead the device to brick.

Jezus thanks for de info Carl I nearly ejected de DVD few times when de unit turned off and on taut I was after Fn it up lol

Hi lads can TomTom be loaded and used on the Columbus unit or use from an SD card ?? i have it on my Iphone and its great latest maps but most of all the speed camera part of it

Hi lads i loaded this firmware 2764 is this the latest ? and loaded the map version 7333 is this the latest ? did not see any difference on maps or Nav postcode option not available any help lads thanks

Edited by barts2

As Manny says:

- It is a straight forward process. This link has the correct firmware for your car http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VD5REKW1

- You need above 266X firmware & V7 Mapsfor 7 Digit search to work.

- Your HDD will remain intact once you have upgraded the firmware

- Only Can Gateway below K Revision (early 2007 and previous) suffer battery drain.

HTH

Carl :thumbup:

.....would this firmware be suited for my :

SKODA COLUMBUS 2009 LED MANUFACTURE DATE: 2009.11.27

HW:H05 SW:2684

PART NUMBER: 3T0 035 680 A ???

.....would this firmware be suited for my :

SKODA COLUMBUS 2009 LED MANUFACTURE DATE: 2009.11.27

HW:H05 SW:2684

PART NUMBER: 3T0 035 680 A ???

The one linked to on megaupload has the old can gateway code substituted in to get around battery drain issues on older Octavias.

Josi seems to be keeping this post updated with links to various recent versions, unmodified and modified...

http://vwnavi.com/showthread.php/13672-Unofficial-272x-software-and-SWL-recovery-CD

For the maps just stick the disk in, and it will ask you if you want to copy to the HDD, click save and off it goes. You can do the maps either way, I did mine whilst on a longish drive.