HELP! Sat in the garage wie the Octy on stands

Hi after some help here please,

trying to change my rear discs and pads and even with a rewind tool the pistons wont rewind! I'm on my mobile broadband in the garage at the mo, any advice?

Thanks

Should be ok then. It does take a really stif turn to get going sometimes. Especially if the pads have worn very low. Have a stronger go it will turn. (clockwise) to wind in.

hand brake is off, bleed valves open, turning it right and got a pressure plate ................

Try turning it the opposite way, (I had the same problem on the fabia the other day) and You don't need to open the bleed nipple just a cause of problems

Radiotwo

Edited by RADIOTWO

I believe it is advised that you do use the bleed nipple on the caliper and do not open the reservoir cap. The back flow can cause problems in the ABS or master cylinder (or something) apparently.

Not heard hat one before and done the job many times, however to change rear pads there is no real need to undo any brake lines or unscrew reservoir cap. :thumbup:

I believe it is advised that you do use the bleed nipple on the caliper and do not open the reservoir cap. The back flow can cause problems in the ABS or master cylinder (or something) apparently.

Old wifes tale

If you think about it,every time you use the pedal, it pushes fluid one way, then when you release it goes back, so no problem, but the amount of times I have heard "I undid the bleed nipple, and now I cannot get a firm pedal (After bleeding) "

I have never undone the nipple for just pad changing etc, only done it if I had to replace a brake hose and then have to re bleed

Radiotwo