Miles to a tank

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruise Control at 62mph and I seem to get 65mpg+ now its warmed up. The trip computer also only seems to ever be a couple of mpg out on mine. On average with a fairly smooth commute and weekly long journey I see 52-56mpg which I'm happy with. Beats the 32mpg with the last car :)

how are you guys seeing these figures?

Makes me think something is up with mine... Just done, Dover - Santa Pod - Dover.

got lost on the way home ended up doing 50mph 90% of the way and i have only just got 350miles to the tank.

New Paper air filter in the other month, service was done a couple of months ago.......

i just dont get how you guys are seeing 600+ miles.....

My avridge trip to work is a 50mile round trip on a motorway..... but not seeing anything like that!

By My calculations you guys are getting close to 60mpg!

Do you all do 40mph everwhere in 4th? and dont change gear just stay like that all you can????? :(

Just gentle driving, coming off the gas early, that sort of thing, and as TomStarkey says cruising at speeds under the NSL on the motorway.

My commute is about 10 miles - mostly M1, I've seen an indicated average of 70mpg both ways.

I went to Brands Hatch for the BTCC this weekend, traffic was pretty heavy on the way back so just chilled out in lane one at about 60ish, got an indicated 82mpg over 56 miles. The miles and miles of 50mph average speed cameras in the roadworks help too!

My trip computer is way off to be fair. 55 litres is 12.11 gallons so my 632 miles is 52.18mpg. Computer said 64.5!

Drove back from work this evening at normal speeds, indicated 53mpg.

Just gentle driving, coming off the gas early, that sort of thing, and as TomStarkey says cruising at speeds under the NSL on the motorway.

My commute is about 10 miles - mostly M1, I've seen an indicated average of 70mpg both ways.

I went to Brands Hatch for the BTCC this weekend, traffic was pretty heavy on the way back so just chilled out in lane one at about 60ish, got an indicated 82mpg over 56 miles. The miles and miles of 50mph average speed cameras in the roadworks help too!

My trip computer is way off to be fair. 55 litres is 12.11 gallons so my 632 miles is 52.18mpg. Computer said 64.5!

Drove back from work this evening at normal speeds, indicated 53mpg.

See i drove back from springfest at those speeds, only got 50MPG......

See i drove back from springfest at those speeds, only got 50MPG......

What sort of temperature was it? When its below zero (it wasn't that cold then was it?) I was struggling to scrape 50mpg even with granny driving... minus the clutch riding :giggle:

i use mine for my driving school and today ive done mostly manoeuvres, trip computer said 48mpg, if i go round the test routes all day it says mid to low 50s, motorway driving will show over 60. to be honest i think it not a lot worse than my old fiesta tdci 1.6.

Guy in work has the BLT engined VRS. Today he got 78.9MPG. I got 48mpg. We have the same journey except I have an extra 10 miles of motorway driving.

Speaking to him he gets 500 miles to a tank and never lets the trip say less than 50miles left in the tank. His key is to drive at 1200-1500rpm :o