Fuel additive (Millers). Also 2012 Yeti spec.

Peter a Proud Yorkshireman

That strech on the A11 should be dualled starting 2015 then we will be able to drive from Norwich to London on Dual Carriage or motorway.

If you've driven on the M11/A11 (two lane section) and suffered lorries taking up to 3 miles to pass each other (and, very iritating, to pass some P*****k in a car going slower), you'll wish for three lanes..........

Edited by jan25

If you've driven on the M11/A11 (two lane section) and suffered lorries taking up to 3 miles to pass each other (and, very iritating, to pass some P*****k in a car going slower), you'll wish for three lanes..........

Two lanes are better than single track being stuck behind tractors even if they do put Millers in their Fuel.

Edited by mellyboy

Crikey, a thread that started on fuel additives and has turned into 'Wish you were here?'. :giggle:

Next stop Judith Chalmers!

OK Gazza if we are getting off topic all replys must inludes the word Millers eg Two lanes are better than single track being stuck behind tractors even if they do put Millers in their Fuel

Edited by mellyboy

Over here on the other side of the Country, I am absolutely certain that the farmers are putting Millers into their welsh farm collies to help them run faster, cleaner, and with a more environmentally friendly set of emissions.

OK Gazza if we are getting off topic all replys must inludes the word Millers eg Two lanes are better than single track being stuck behind tractors even if they do put Millers in their Fuel

Sorry, I'll forget any form of humour from now on. I rather though that was obvious from the :giggle:

Actually back onto the latter part of the original question - does James know of any design changes tweaks or anything else that is pencilled in for future yetis ? Would be nice to look ahead to see what we might be swopping over to in the future !!

emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Edited by redandwhitepauly

As for VAG not recommending additives in their engines (certainly for the PD diesels, don't know about CR)

They positively forbid it for the Yeti! On page 200 of the owner's manual it states:

You must not use fuel additives, so-called “flow improvers” (petrol and similar products) in diesel fuel.

Page 201 is even more intimidating:

It is not permitted to add the various fuel additives on the market, including petrol, to diesel fuel in order to improve its flow properties. [My emphasis]

I get the impression that a hint of VAG Teutonic-ness is peeking through the cuddly (though often confusing) Skoda prose there...

Hmm a bit off topic,

I recently filled up with Sainsbury's City Diseasel in my PD140 Octy (Had to as the Local Shell had run out of Fuel save and i wasn't paying £1.48p a litre for V-Power Diseasel.

I have noticed my Exhaust is lot more smokey on short runs and when the engine is cold. So i think i will avoid this from now on.

A bit more on topic. I used to fill up with V-Power Diseasel (till the price sky rocketed) and now use Shell FuelSave Diseasel. I do regular 300mile round trips to and from work. The times i leave mean i can keep at a constant 70mph on cruise and there is no difference whatsoever in terms of performance or MPG on my car. So i would be surprised if Millers did anything either.

There was a test done recently in one of the car magazines ( i forget which) and also by Fifth Gear that proved they made absolutley no difference whatsoever to performance or economy. So as others have said i'd save your money.