LED handles now on the vRS

Fitted some gloss black handles to the car today and the front ones now have small LEDs in them that light up when unlocked.

So, handle with led fitted in the rear

Basically i drilled a hole and fed the wires through the handle and filled the hollow part with silicon to waterproof it more.

d4be750e.jpg

The exiting of the wire

05176db9.jpg

4baefe61.jpg

Joined the LED wires to some more wire after feeding it through the door

93d769a7.jpg

2c27209f.jpg

Then wired them into the lower door open/puddle light connector

fd4c0a87.jpg

Handle mounted on the door

d596a43a.jpg

d596a43a.jpg

Finally a video to show what the idea and outcome is all about

th_86b2204f.jpg

Thanks for looking

Good job!! I did think about this but it was sooo much effort.. :giggle: I suppose if you were changing the handles anyway it doesn't seem too bad..

The version I was thinking of was drilling hole near the base, thus shining it parallel with the side of car.

Good job!! I did think about this but it was sooo much effort.. :giggle: I suppose if you were changing the handles anyway it doesn't seem too bad..

The version I was thinking of was drilling hole near the base, thus shining it parallel with the side of car.

I had a good think about where the leds where going and decided on the middle as they shine exactly in/on the handle recess.

This looks great! Is there no way of making them a bit less bright though? I dull amber or green would look aswesomly oem.

I like the crisp brightness but having a mess with the LEDS i have noticed that if you file the top dome part down flat, the light throws less and seems to be more diffused.They also look a little less bright.