front mud flaps for the vRS

I was after a set of front mudflaps for my vRS so i phoned my local dealer and was told that they no longer make front mud flpas. Does anyone have front mud flaps fitted to there vRS as it seems quite rare?. I take it they were a optional extra new? Also anyone got any ideas where i could get a good set?

Paul

I was after a set of front mudflaps for my vRS so i phoned my local dealer and was told that they no longer make front mud flpas. Does anyone have front mud flaps fitted to there vRS as it seems quite rare?. I take it they were a optional extra new? Also anyone got any ideas where i could get a good set?

Paul

There were a load going cheap in my local dealer a few months back, so I'm surprised they say they're not available.

My car came with all four mudflaps, but I've removed them all as I don't like how they look. Also the fronts dragged badly over speed humps, which was damaging the wing flanges (bending them out). Mudflaps seem to be a bit of an old British obsession! They are always a bit of a design afterthought, so can easily ruin the clean lines of an arch or bumper. Oh and they also create a restriction in the scuttle drain, causing a backup of compost in the wing, but that's servicable. Glad to see the back of mine TBH.

Oh and they also create a restriction in the scuttle drain, causing a backup of compost in the wing, but that's servicable.

That happens anyway. I cleared about 3kg of mud and silt out of my inner wings when I fitted mudflaps.

The one thing they do effectively is stop the front of your sills getting eaten alive by stonechips. Mine have never scraped the floor btw apart from in snowy conditions.

I was told by a Skoda dealer there weren't any front mud flaps designed for the vRS, however my mechanic ordered and fitted a pair without problem from his usual VAG supplier. That was in August last year and I've had no problems with them at all.

I was told by a Skoda dealer there weren't any front mud flaps designed for the vRS, however my mechanic ordered and fitted a pair without problem from his usual VAG supplier. That was in August last year and I've had no problems with them at all.

there isn't you buy the ones for a normal octavia they fit straight on

Yeah i was told they stoped makeing them for the vrs. Ok cheers ill get a look tonight. Was it a company selling sets of mud flaps or a private sale?

@Allams here > http://www.amsparts.co.uk/product/Octavia_Front_Mudflaps_-_MKI_1997-2008_KEA075003

There the same for all Mk1's and do catch on a lowered car ...

My dog half ate one of mine ....

Mine has front and rears on, my car is not lowered and the front mud flaps do catch slightly on some speed bumps (the type that are bolted to the floor in car parks) and they don’t really stop much of the dirt on the front doors but do help a bit.

Mine were on there when I bought the car and I have just left them on as I quite like them.

@Allams here > http://www.amsparts.co.uk/product/Octavia_Front_Mudflaps_-_MKI_1997-2008_KEA075003

There the same for all Mk1's and do catch on a lowered car ...

My dog half ate one of mine ....

That is interesting as the MK1 only goes to 2006 that say till 2008?????? there universal!!!

That is interesting as the MK1 only goes to 2006 that say till 2008?????? there universal!!!

No they're not universal with the Mk2. The Mk1 is still being made in some markets, and was available new in the UK long after 2006.

No they're not universal with the Mk2. The Mk1 is still being made in some markets, and was available new in the UK long after 2006.

I am talking about car not flaps????? The mk1 car was replaced 2006 with mk2

I am talking about car not flaps????? The mk1 car was replaced 2006 with mk2

So am I!

The Mk1 was still produced long after 2006. It looks like they have finally stopped making the Mk1's now. As last year you could still buy them new in Austria/France/Poland etc. But now the Octavia Tour (Mk1) has been replaced with the Tour II (Mk2 pre-facelift) across Europe.

This is the last website to advertise the Tour (Mk1): http://www.skoda.es/VAE/SKODA/WWW/PRD/opencms/vehiculos/octaviatour/vehiculo_0001

There are plenty of taxi's driving around town with '08 etc. plates on, and dealerships were still selling the cars new a couple of years back (the VRx model springs to mind!).

Thanks for the links guys, i wanted to fit a set on the front (already have rears) to stop bloody dirt going all over the side of my doors so iam hoping mud flaps would reduce this a wee bit.

Dont bother mate, they are a waste of time cos they are too short to stop dirt, mud etc getting onto the sills.

Also, they can trap dirt behind them which can lead to damage to the paint/clear coat.

I always make and fit my own (front and rear), and have them on my Octy vRS and the wifes fabia vRS.

Bill.

Well it seems the mud flaps are not really worth it then according to peoples views, i did think they looked a bit short.

Bill when u say u make your own mate how do u go about that?

just fitted front mud flaps on my vrs. bought from dealer about £12.00. 10 min job fitted like a glove