oh my god! did a 6.1!

mikejay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell ya what, someone who can put pics up easily and quickly send me your number in a message ill send you the pic and then you put it on. how does that sound?

Guest BigJase88

Still its not possible

my mate has a 225 audi tt completely standard 0-60mph 6.4s

now with far more bhp than your running he still pulled away from me off the mark (4wd)

i didn't start to make ground up until i was in 3rd gear

which is over 60mph anyways

:thumbup:

Guest BigJase88

maybe the gtech has taken a bump and calibration is off, at the end of the day it isn't going to be exactly accurate anyways, maybe a second either way

My new car, EP3 Type R Premium Edition is quoted @ 6.4 seconds, there's no way in the world a furby would even get close to sub 7 seconds, that's just laughable.

Even the amount of torque increased on the power your stating, it isn't gonna happen.

I mean christ, your quoted time is stating that your motor is nearly as quick as my old 4.2 V8 A8, that was 6.0 or 6.1 before e-maps mapped upto 350bhp from 330bhp, would of probably been under 5.5 then.

Edited by masterff

I disagree with the above but the low 6 is questionable mine hits 7 so not far off sub 7.

and what exactly are you using to timestamp your sub 7 second results to gain a 2.5 second off standard time?

a simple remap ain't gonna do this mate.

If im ever down your way, i'll have to take a peek at your motor if that's alright :thumbup:

Edited by masterff

well ill try it again on a few other cars but i was regularly gettin low 6's! Remember auto cars long term test, there standard vrs was doin . 7.1! Ya sayin thats wrong too?

6.18 is 6.2 to one decimal place!

Still amazing tho.

My remapped vrs is sometimes amazingly quick off the mark when you get that right combination of gear change, grip and nice cold air and whatever, but have to say its not my forte and the crunchy second gear synchro is testament to that emoticon-0120-doh.gif

Please dont get me wrong I'm not saying your car can't do 6.1 or your lying I'm really not, I'm impressed just do a few more runs see what you can come up with, got a feeling someones having a **** size compition with there civic but that's my opinion!

tell ya what, someone who can put pics up easily and quickly send me your number in a message ill send you the pic and then you put it on. how does that sound?

Can you do some runs back up the hill too? :rofl:

Take the average of both runs.

J.

Here you go :thumbup:

29012011.jpg

I think your pic tells more than you think! It's extremely important with an accelerometer that it's aligned perfectly along and across the car. Having the screen facing towards you means that the meter reads a certain amount of longitudinal acceleration and a certain amount of lateral acceleration, and so it thinks you are heading off in a wide circle not a straight line. It interprets the information from the three accelerometers on this basis, and adjusts the results accordingly.

Try it again with the meter positioned correctly and THEN see what happens! :thumbup:

I bought one of these GTech Acceleromtor things and when I measured my 0-60 I got 7.4

However I must say that it wasn't the best thing in the world. Sometimes you would get a no reading or the thing never stopped reading or you'd get a stupid reading of 1 second or something.

I positioned it exactly as the instructions said. Just below the centre of the rear view mirror and made sure it was level using the built in thing. As it was stuck using velcro it was always prone to movement and always needed recalibrating every time your moved about in the car.

I sent it back for a refund after a week of frustration with it.

Edited by marcrp

so how slow are VRS to start with? i thought 9.4secs was the offical figure!!!

I do think that individual cars can sometimes be quicker than the handbook states,

for example my MR2 roadster is meant to do 0-60 in 8secs but almost every car mag admitted that it would consistently beat a 140bhp mx-5 in a drag race(also had a 0-60 in 8secs)

Toyota then released a statement in Japan saying the 0-60 was actually 7.4secs,

now my toyota which is standard apart from little tweaks such as iridium plugs and a cat back system which only gives an extra 3bhp, it is lightened slightly by removal of spare trye, tool kit, first aid kit, air conditioning(a whooping 24kg) and a lightweight race battery, however take 60,000 miles of use into account i was quite happy with my 143bhp readout from the dyno, standard is 138bhp.

Anyway it pulls 0-60mph using one of my mates timing systems(no idea what is was???) in 6.7secs, don't get me wrong though a good number of starts where around the 7.0-7.3 range,

i didn't quite believe the figures until i tried it against a friends civic type r and all three runs they where nose to nose up until 70mph when the civic's extra bhp appeared.

Edited by Sonner

one last thing though, about the hill comment,

im going back to one i was 17yr btw

I had a little peugeot xsi 1.4 100bhp as a first car, surprising nippy for a 1.4 but only weighing 875kg explained why.

So i did a couple of 0-60mpg runs along my local seafront, kept getting 8.5secs approx, i was well chuffed with this and assumed it was my awesome driving skills(because when your 17yr you're untouchably)

however i went to prove it to my dad but did it the other direction and couldn't get lower than 10.9secs, i tried again and again.

after checking my ordanace survey maps it appeared that a very slight gradient of approx 7metres over the 300m strech was to blame for the inaccurate times

for the record the true 0-60mph was 9.4secs my the little pug. great first car x x

i have defo started a debate here! lol. ill try some more runs when i can. if any of ya know the wigan area, i usually do it down the 2 mile stretch late on when there is nothing on the road then turn round on winstanly collage and do it again in the other direction. before anyone makes a comment about law breaking its a national speed limit road which is arrow straight for a good mile.

lol :)

I remember doing these G-Tech meter readings on my Ibiza FR TDI, standard got 8.1 secs 0-60 and 16 sec 1/4 mile.

Best place for launches and such like is santa pod or similar where its tested a bit more accurately.

lol :)

I remember doing these G-Tech meter readings on my Ibiza FR TDI, standard got 8.1 secs 0-60 and 16 sec 1/4 mile.

Best place for launches and such like is santa pod or similar where its tested a bit more accurately.

Even drag strips aren't properly flat. I have a feeling that Santa Pod is actually slightly up hill.

J.