central locking help needed!

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago my drivers door lock stopped working (the l.e.d. stopped flashing too), all other 3 doors lock off the key fob apart from the drivers door.

its back at the garage to be fixed under warranty but they havent got a clue why it wont work, they have changed the drivers door motor but still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

2003 skoda octavia vrs

Sounds like water ingress in the door loom connector or door convenience control module. Any issues with the stereo, windows, rear window disable, internal locking button or mirrors (adjust and/or heaters)?

Sounds like water ingress in the door loom connector or door convenience control module. Any issues with the stereo, windows, rear window disable, internal locking button or mirrors (adjust and/or heaters)?

There have been no issues with the stereo, ive just fitted a sony stereo in it too. the rear window disable switch wouldnt work! it has gone back for that to be sorted too. the intenal lock button and mirrors seemed fine.

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago my drivers door lock stopped working (the l.e.d. stopped flashing too), all other 3 doors lock off the key fob apart from the drivers door.

its back at the garage to be fixed under warranty but they havent got a clue why it wont work, they have changed the drivers door motor but still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

2003 skoda octavia vrs

It'll be interesting to see what the problem was, because the exact same thing is happening to our vRS.

Keep us posted!

Tris

Hi,

Any ideas?

2003 skoda octavia vrs

snap ive got a vrs and having nightmare with exact issue i spoke to a bloke from audi and reckons the wiring loom has a broken wire in the bent part from body to door got a car electrician looking into it and noticed it was changed under warranty by previous owner because of the sticker on it had the date it was changed if it turns out to be the loom i will let skoda drivers know

Tris, I have the exact problem as you. I noticed the drivers mirror also does not work. Any solutions be greatly appreciated!

Well, neither does my drivers mirror, but when I switch it to control the drivers mirror, it actually controls the passenger mirror!! - But it controls the mirror in the opposite direction, So if I move it left, the mirror moves right, etc.

Then if I switch it to control the passenger mirror, it works in the correct direction. - Totally weird.

Maybe this thread will help you.: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/154117-central-locking-problems/

I'm going to try this on the weekend when I have some time.

Looks as though mine has been connected incorrectly, as the previous owner said he'd had the door's window fixed and that the door hadn't worked since then. So I can only assume the people who fixed the window, mucked up the wiring somehow. Any ideas anyone?

Tris

Well, neither does my drivers mirror, but when I switch it to control the drivers mirror, it actually controls the passenger mirror!! - But it controls the mirror in the opposite direction, So if I move it left, the mirror moves right, etc.

Then if I switch it to control the passenger mirror, it works in the correct direction. - Totally weird.

Maybe this thread will help you.: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/154117-central-locking-problems/

Looks as though mine has been connected incorrectly, as the previous owner said he'd had the door's window fixed and that the door hadn't worked since then. So I can only assume the people who fixed the window, mucked up the wiring somehow. Any ideas anyone?

Tris

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help on this matter.

i forwarded your comments onto the garage and they have found that the plug that goes onto the convenience control module is badly corroded due to water ingress, so badly they have had to order a new plug and it is being rewired by an auto electrician. The work is being done tomorrow so i will keep you posted, hopefully this will solve the problem.

Edited by VRS Dyson

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help on this matter.

i forwarded your comments onto the garage and they have found that the plug that goes onto the convenience control module is badly corroded due to water ingress, so badly they have had to order a new plug and it is being rewired by an auto electrician. The work is being done tomorrow so i will keep you posted, hopefully this will solve the problem.

The new plug has done the trick, i can finally get my vrs back tomorrow. :D

Ok, I took the door panel off today and sure enough I had green corrosion on the connector.

I cleaned it off, but still nothing.

So I thought, I'll check the fuses, and in the handbook it says that fuse number 6 (5a fuse) is for the central locking control unit.

Guess what? That fuse was missing !!! - I shot down to Halfords to get some fuses as I was out of them.

Put it in annnnnnd....... it still doesn't work :( dammit - Have you guys got fuse number 6 ?

When I pulled it out to double check I noticed that there was only one contact in the fuse holder for number 6.

I'm guessing this is connected, but my drivers mirrior doesn't move, instead both L and R settings for the mirrior move the left mirror! Heated mirrors seem to work. Central locking button on the door only operates the other doors - not the drivers.

Am I looking at a new unit behind the door for £300?? - I guess the fault codes will probably reveal though?

It's worth noting that there were 2 wires crimped - possibly because they'd come apart. The previous owner said he had the drivers window repaired because it wouldn't go down. After that repair it stopped locking the drivers door on the keyfob......

Tris

Edited by TristanC

The CCU is fed by F10 and F14. The central locking is fed by F37 and F38. F6 is not used. You know the CCU, the other doors and part of the driver door electronics are OK.

When you press the lock/unlock buttons on the driver's door the other three doors lock/unlock. So the central locking system is working, but their is a fault on the driver's door.

Check the thick Red/Yellow cable where is passes from the 'A' pillar to the driver door. If you have a meter, check you have 12V on the Red/Yellow and Red/Brown wires on the connector in the driver's door.

Tris

What you're seeing is the feature that adjusts both driver and passenger mirror at the same time. Iirc selecting driver's mirror moves the passenger mirror in the opposite direction to the driver mirror when left or right but the same direction when going up or down. It just looks weird on yours cos the driver's mirror isn't moving.

HTH

What you're seeing is the feature that adjusts both driver and passenger mirror at the same time. Iirc selecting driver's mirror moves the passenger mirror in the opposite direction to the driver mirror when left or right but the same direction when going up or down. It just looks weird on yours cos the driver's mirror isn't moving.

HTH

Infact on my car, the 3 positions for the mirrow adjuster switch are:

- heat

- L+R

- L

The ideal of L+R is that if a different driver is using the car then they will need to adjust both mirrors (probably by the same amount - if they are taller, shorter/etc).

Infact on my car, the 3 positions for the mirrow adjuster switch are:

- heat

- L+R

- L

The ideal of L+R is that if a different driver is using the car then they will need to adjust both mirrors (probably by the same amount - if they are taller, shorter/etc).

Ahhh, clever stuff !

I have the same 3 positions. Except of course drivers side doesn't adjust. Haven't had chance with this weather to check the electrics yet :(

Tris

sounds like the black box in drivers door is missing 1 pin which leads to yellow and black wire i had same trouble with mirror joy stick only controling passenger side in both positions and central locking and red light not working once the pin that was only half there was soldered to a wire and bypassed the plug its all fine