HELP! Rear Brake Calliper Removal

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can PLEASE help me. I cant work out how to remove the rear calliper on my Octavia Vrs. I need to change the rear pads, but just cant seem to work out how to do it. Does anyone know, or could send me links to where i might find the answer?

Thanks

Mike

Removal is exactly the same as the fronts undo the rodes remove pads, then the only difference is you require a winding tool available from any motor factors, to wind the pistons back in

Removal is exactly the same as the fronts undo the rodes remove pads, then the only difference is you require a winding tool available from any motor factors, to wind the pistons back in

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have undone the two botls but unable to remove the calliper at all. It seems to be connected to the bottom of the suspension and the hand brake cable etc..

Its one complete unit, The callipers are the red ones if that makes a difference??

Cheers

Mike

Some one here has upgraded to grooved discs at the back....

U could go through the forums .....he can probably help you out ..step by step

Hope this helps!

How odd as i changed mine ok i have the same brakes on my van its so easy to do.

here is a rough guide to removal etc

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=225698

Thats Great, However mine are not like that. They have a cover over the disks that need removing like the front, and the calliper seems attached all in one peice to the car itself! Its really strange, i have done breaks before like the ones you have suggested in the link, but they are defo not like that!

Cheers

Mike

Some one here has upgraded to grooved discs at the back....

U could go through the forums .....he can probably help you out ..step by step

Hope this helps!

I have tried going through the forums, but cant seem to find anything! Am a bit new to forums etc!! LOl

Will try searching for that though, thanks very much for your post!

Mike

I have tried going through the forums, but cant seem to find anything! Am a bit new to forums etc!! LOl

Will try searching for that though, thanks very much for your post!

Mike

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/189184-312mm-vag-grooved-or-drilled-discs/

Here u go,,,!

Hope that he can help you out

Edited by pz1811

I'm trying to think where you can be coming unstuck, they are pretty straight forward.

You undo the two 13mm bolts whilst counter holding the slider with a 15mm spanner. Then pull the caliper off, wind back the piston and it's ready to refit with new pads.

I'm trying to think where you can be coming unstuck, they are pretty straight forward.

You undo the two 13mm bolts whilst counter holding the slider with a 15mm spanner. Then pull the caliper off, wind back the piston and it's ready to refit with new pads.

I cant seem to work it out myself, and now am doubting what ive posted looking at everyones replies.

Going to wake up tomorrow with a fresh set of eyes and have another bash!! :o

Will try and post pictures if i cant get it sorted!

Thanks though for replying

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can PLEASE help me. I cant work out how to remove the rear calliper on my Octavia Vrs. I need to change the rear pads, but just cant seem to work out how to do it. Does anyone know, or could send me links to where i might find the answer?

Thanks

Mike

You have a PM

This maybe a stupid question but you have let the handbrake off?

HA HA HA HA HA It aint a stupid question mate,cos the answer was YES :giggle:

No wonder everyone was saying it was easy and what was i on about!!!! LOL LOL

I hang my head in shame, but thank everyone for their help and posts!!!!!

I have taken some pictures for anyone else who might have a problem!!!! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/59091593@N05/sets/72157625844781507/detail/?deleted=5414197824)

THANKS EVERYONE B):thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Glad you got it sorted.emoticon-0148-yes.gif Are you going the meet on sunday at the Streeton fox Jnc 10 M56?

I didnt know there was one to be honest. I cant make this one as working, but would love to come to one soon :rofl:

• 2 years later...

Hi. Just been reading through this and I have a problem removing mine on an octy vrs mk1, it seems that the rear hand brake cable is too short and not easy to remove from the caliper. Any ideas. I wish not to just lever it off and damage the rbrake hose and hand brake cable. Any ideas? Or should I just be a little more persuasive with it?