Am I being unreasonable?

I agreed a price with a main dealer on a nearly new Octavia vRS last week on the condition that it had bluetooth fitted (the salesman would double check for me as we were not 100%). It turns out it doesn't, so they offered a Parrot kit at cost. I asked them to investigate if they could fit a Fiscon basic plus with a bit of a discount and they've come back saying that they can't (the fitter wasn't happy as he'd not done one before). This I was a bit taken aback by since the installation is no different to an OEM module.

Since it seems bonkers to me to have a Parrot kit fitted when all the car needs is the black box and mic fitting to work I thought I'd ask for the official Eibach springs to be fitted instead (estimating that the cost to the dealer would be similar to the car kit) and I'd get the bluetooth sorted myself. They say they can't as a main dealer fit aftermarket parts like that?! They're in the bloody catalogue!

I have to say it's not inspiring confidence in this dealership when they don't seem to have much knowledge of their own product.

So... unreasonable or not?

I agreed a price with a main dealer on a nearly new Octavia vRS last week on the condition that it had bluetooth fitted (the salesman would double check for me as we were not 100%). It turns out it doesn't, so they offered a Parrot kit at cost. I asked them to investigate if they could fit a Fiscon basic plus with a bit of a discount and they've come back saying that they can't (the fitter wasn't happy as he'd not done one before). This I was a bit taken aback by since the installation is no different to an OEM module.

Since it seems bonkers to me to have a Parrot kit fitted when all the car needs is the black box and mic fitting to work I thought I'd ask for the official Eibach springs to be fitted instead (estimating that the cost to the dealer would be similar to the car kit) and I'd get the bluetooth sorted myself. They say they can't as a main dealer fit aftermarket parts like that?! They're in the bloody catalogue!

I have to say it's not inspiring confidence in this dealership when they don't seem to have much knowledge of their own product.

So... unreasonable or not?

If its in the catalogue then they can fit it!

Edit - That was post number 1000!!!! WOOHOOO!!! :D

Edited by jrw

Assuming this forum doesn't have name and shame rules like PH does it may or may not be a dealership in Watford with a name like a tree.

ETA:

I've replied to him making clear that the springs I'm talking about are in the official accessories catalogue:

http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=ZGB1Z3071676

So I'll see what he says. No idea how much they cost to a dealer but he said the cost to them for the Parrot was about £125 (about half retail) and fitting would be free too so I think I'm in the right ballpark with the cost of the springs.

The alternative offered is a full tank of petrol but that doesn't really approach the value of the bluetooth kit.

Ideally I'd like the Fiscon kit (or maybe an OEM unit with HFP support) fitted for ~£250 - £300, I'd be happy with that.

Edited by mackie

Rainworth Skoda near me fitted me the Eibach springs with no quibbles. From what you have said you are being reasonable and its the dealer who is not sure of what they can and cant do. Id stick with it as all will sort itself out in the end.:thumbup:

The Eibach springs in the catalogue have been discontinued. I done a deal including the supply and fit of the springs only to later be told they can no longer get them. Instead I purchased the springs from Awesome GTI and supplied them to the dealer and they took the price of the Skoda springs off my order. Saved me money as Skoda had the springs priced at approx £200 and Awesome only £150. :yes:

Really? That's a shame. Odd that they still show on the official site though.

I'll see what the guy comes back with though.

Looks like OEM Retrofits will be getting my business for the bluetooth. I may go crazy and get the Columbus fitted at the same time.