Some updates to my 2010 VRS

Picked the car up on 31st Jan, got the rear windows tinted a dark smoke tint on Tuesday this week, fitted Silver indiator bulbs front & rear lst weekend, and this morning I fitted the 15mm rear wheel spacers + the rear OEM mudflaps.

The window tint person also put a nice sunband using the window tint film at the top of the windscreen.

Gave the car a wee wash & dry, then used some Autosmart Tardis + T-Cut to take off a few tar spots and marks around the car. Didn't have a chance to polish/wax the car as I need to take the young 'un to the cinema later this afternoon.

Got my front grill back from the bodyshop this morning all painted, fitted it to my superskoda honeycomb grill insert but not fitting it yet until the weather improves a bit. Also got the rear window blend (Milotec) down at the bodyshop, and that is all painted too and going to be bonded on during next week.

Probably going to purchase the Weitec coilovers in the next couple of weeks then the car is going back into the bodyshop to get the wheels painted in anthracite.

The rear mudflaps were fairly easy to fit, took longer to jack the car up and take the wheels off that fitting the flaps. They are not a 100% perfect fit, but only someone looking very closely would see the slight imperfection.

The 15mm spacers definitely give the back of the car a better look, although ignore the comedy ride-height on the following pics as the car is parked on a slope which exagerates the tyre-to-arch gap at the rear.

5438133171_51285800ff_z.jpg

Skoda 12th Feb 2011 by oobster, on Flickr

5438130353_5865f970d1_z.jpg

5438733948_e7fde94953_z.jpg

5438124493_1695efbcd4_z.jpg

5438728682_babd4cc5aa_z.jpg

Edited by oobster

They are the proper skoda ones - dealer fitted the front ones for me prior to collection but refused to fit the rear ones (although they chucked the packet in the boot free of charge) as they said they don't fit.

Did you have to modify the rear flaps to fit them??

Also

What bulbs did you get for the indicators?

Edited by vectra1

Picked the car up on 31st Jan, got the rear windows tinted a dark smoke tint on Tuesday this week, fitted Silver indiator bulbs front & rear lst weekend, and this morning I fitted the 15mm rear wheel spacers + the rear OEM mudflaps.

The window tint person also put a nice sunband using the window tint film at the top of the windscreen.

Gave the car a wee wash & dry, then used some Autosmart Tardis + T-Cut to take off a few tar spots and marks around the car. Didn't have a chance to polish/wax the car as I need to take the young 'un to the cinema later this afternoon.

Got my front grill back from the bodyshop this morning all painted, fitted it to my superskoda honeycomb grill insert but not fitting it yet until the weather improves a bit. Also got the rear window blend (Milotec) down at the bodyshop, and that is all painted too and going to be bonded on during next week.

Probably going to purchase the Weitec coilovers in the next couple of weeks then the car is going back into the bodyshop to get the wheels painted in anthracite.

The rear mudflaps were fairly easy to fit, took longer to jack the car up and take the wheels off that fitting the flaps. They are not a 100% perfect fit, but only someone looking very closely would see the slight imperfection.

The 15mm spacers definitely give the back of the car a better look, although ignore the comedy ride-height on the following pics as the car is parked on a slope which exagerates the tyre-to-arch gap at the rear.

Lookin' good mate.

Where did you get the window tinting done? How much did it cost?

Cheers

Dave

Andrew at Magma in Uphall did the window tints, he's done quite a few of my cars through the years. His number is 01506 440 144. He charged me £170 for the back windows + the 4 windows at the sides + the sunstrip.

I didn't modify the rear flaps at all, I just had to use a wee bit of force to get them to slip onto the lip of the bumper.

I didn't modify the rear flaps at all, I just had to use a wee bit of force to get them to slip onto the lip of the bumper.

Is there any hope of a close up shot of them to show how tight they fit?? Thanks

Also edited my other post RE: bulbs.

Thanks

Edited by vectra1

It looks great mate!!!

Quite envious of your tints though.....because:

The tinting you have done, did the people who did it mange to get right to the edge of the glass on the small rear windows.

Just that I had mine done and there is a small, less than 1mm, gap where the tint doesnt quite get to the edge. Also noted some tiny bubbles where the did not get all the air out as well.

I took it back when I noticed this, only when I can to clean and polish the car, but the chap said thay couldnt do any better....?

Not sure if they are just fobbing me off or if that is the case.

Mine was done by Pentagon Glass in Essex and they do say it has a 3 yr warranty on the tints.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just that I had mine done and there is a small, less than 1mm, gap where the tint doesnt quite get to the edge. Also noted some tiny bubbles where the did not get all the air out as well.

I've had several cars tinted and every one was done perfectly, so a gap should not be there. Never had a bubble either. It's all down to the skill of the operator and the quality of the tint he uses.

Looking good mate. Given me a good idea what my 15mm spacers will look like when they are paired with the Eibach springs later next week. What percentage tint is that? I have mine booked in for a 35% tint next Friday.

Edited by Moley RUFC

Is there any hope of a close up shot of them to show how tight they fit?? Thanks

Also edited my other post RE: bulbs.

Thanks

Hullo.

Here is a close-up pic showing the very small gap - taken with my phone so not the best of quality:

photo0039.jpg

The spacers make it look much better. Any downsides? IMO those + a 20mm drop makes it look like it should have done it in the first place. I'm not exactly a "stance whore" though.

Don't appear to be any downsides as far as I can tell (so far). I have only driven approx. 20 miles since fitting them though.

Only one small thing, the VRS comes with dark grey plastic caps that go over the wheel bolts. 4 per wheel are normal, and the 5th grey cap is slightly different to cover the locking wheel bolt. The spacers come with longer bolts (and I hate those security bolts anyway) but the although the grey caps fit over the new bolts fine the cap for the locing bolt doesn't. I have ordered 4 new caps at under a fiver so will fit them when they arrive later in the week.

Looking good mate. Given me a good idea what my 15mm spacers will look like when they are paired with the Eibach springs later next week. What percentage tint is that? I have mine booked in for a 35% tint next Friday.

I don't know Moley. The guy just had different types displayed on his wall and they were named Limousine (totally black), dark smoke (which I got on mine and have had on pretty much every car i've owned for the last few years) and light smoke which looked like you'd hardly notice any difference once fitted.

Don't appear to be any downsides as far as I can tell (so far). I have only driven approx. 20 miles since fitting them though.

Only one small thing, the VRS comes with dark grey plastic caps that go over the wheel bolts. 4 per wheel are normal, and the 5th grey cap is slightly different to cover the locking wheel bolt. The spacers come with longer bolts (and I hate those security bolts anyway) but the although the grey caps fit over the new bolts fine the cap for the locing bolt doesn't. I have ordered 4 new caps at under a fiver so will fit them when they arrive later in the week.

Do you have a link for those caps as I'm going to have the same issue next week

Do you have a link for those caps as I'm going to have the same issue next week

Sorry Moley, I don't. I just phoned up the dealer I bought it from and the guy in Parts said he'd order some in for me. Will post up the part number when I have it though!

Is that a petrol or diesel ?