skoda superb front logo

MilanM

Can i connect iphone with skoda system navi dx with this cable?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AV-MULTIMEDIA-INTERFACE-VW-MFD-AUDI-NAVI-PLUS-IPOD-0001-/280572316987?pt=UK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item415369cd3b#ht_2573wt_977

I don't have the answer to this one as I do not use it for phone connectivity.

On my Ipod classic the cable I have connected ends in 3 RCA sockets for sound left, sound right video and a USB for charging.

The 3 connectors I have connected to the muilti media unit inputs.

When the DX unit is set to AUX you can listen to Ipod music.

You can also watch video when in Aux but if the car is moving the video screen puts a safety message up.

To watch video whilst the car is being driven you have to press the switch connected to the mulitmedia box ( The black one below my gearstick).

Remember the DX unit is really old technolgy now.

Edited by Nackuk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baker,

you are right mine is an elegancy model. And an intresting point as I was going to try and convert my dad's comfort model. Perhaps I won't now then.

I post some photos of unit out with wires for reference / interest to others.

4674157407_163f16c800.jpg

4674158459_d3af9df1c8.jpg

4674787322_e7c0e20f0a.jpg

4674160731_2160d45e90.jpg

Txn for pictures,i'm baying this navi!I know now how to connect.But, i'm little confused.

Which is iphone/ipod cable/adapter,and did you put in arm rest?And one question,can i put reverse camera in reg.plate because i dont have tow hitch.

And i'm just wondering how you connect camera and navi(where cable goes)?Sorry for bad english.Once again tnx.

Baker,

you are right mine is an elegancy model. And an intresting point as I was going to try and convert my dad's comfort model. Perhaps I won't now then.

Loe your black carpets wityh the cream interior. Do you know how many hours I soend cleaning the carpets in y car :)

I did a fair amount of research on this and the only way to keep the steering wheel controls and the in dash display was to replace all the vehcile wiring for the CAN-BUS intereface off an Elegance model, which I didn't think was worth it.

Having seen a few Superbs with the cream lower carpets I feel your pain, just glad my dad specced the black lower carpets when he ordered it from new........... :thumbup:

• 7 months later...

1) If you copied MP3 CD's then yes but there is no port for playing MP3's off a hard disk or memory card only through the CD Changer Port or the AUX input;

2) Yep, that's a slim line PS2 in the glove box;

3) Yep, green lights under illumination just as the rest of the dashboard;

4) You will see a cradle in those shots that was for my Sony Ericsson mobile, this has now been replaced with an iPhone and I have connected a Dietz wire to allow me to play my iPod songs through the CD changer port and it also charges the phone at the same time......... :thumbup:

Baker

Love your car, Where on earth can I get a dietz 121 skoda dx multimediainterface from?

I want to wire up my dvd boot changer or ps2 to the dx navi unit.

All replies would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Baker

Love your car, Where on earth can I get a dietz 121 skoda dx multimediainterface from?

I want to wire up my dvd boot changer or ps2 to the dx navi unit.

All replies would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

I could not find a dietz one even though dietz are still around.

in the end I used this one:

AV MULTIMEDIA INTERFACE VW MFD AUDI NAVI PLUS IPOD 0001

or I guess you could try this one.

Multimedia Interface AV MFD VW Video AUDI Navi Plus

I would be very grateful if you could post some pictures/photos of how you connected the multimedia adapter/interface to your car wiring and to the ipod.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

View PostNackuk, on 04 October 2011 - 22:03, said:

I would be very grateful if you could post some pictures/photos of how you connected the multimedia adapter/interface to your car wiring and to the ipod.

thanks