Who can beat us ?

ju3

Well can somebody beat me and my Yeti ?

Driving towards ski senter on 12.02.11

Sun and blue skies. Perfect day

12022011519.jpg

09:50 in the morning. One look at the outside temperature and the perfect day dont look so perfect anymore

12022011517.jpg

Must say Yeti cope good with this low temp. Slightly harder clutch pedal and gir shifts but nothing else.

Yea ,and on one 2-3km long downhill part with no use of acceleration pedal coolant lost his temperature almost to the bottom of gauge. Good we have heated seats.

20 min. later up on mountain +2°C. Norway have some strange weather sometimes

12022011521.jpg

Lowest I've seen is - 13.5 C.

Phone was out of charge so did not get a photo. Temperature was later confirmed by the Met Office as being the lowest in years for our part of the World.

It felt quite chilly and all of the pipes were frozen at my office so then spent several hours gently thawing everything so that I could get a cup of tea.

I often wonder what a Yeti would be like on the freezing roads of Alaska as featured on the TV program Ice Road Truckers. I reckon it could be fun as long as you watch out for the trucks.

Now you didn't drive down this did you? Would have been a good test for the off-road button :D

Nope. But would be interesting to try. The dealer told me that Skoda arranged for testing of Yeti for dealers on this mountain. Maybe they drove here... think not. And they had testing in sommer days.

Anyhow this slope is on another side of the mountain ,no way that any 4wd using tyres could come here from bottom.

Around sure.

Somewhere around middle station on mountain I saw a commercial for Land Rover Experince club. Maybe they play here sometimes...