Who's for a tax avoidance/planning for April?

lol-lol

Who's for a tax avoidance for April?

With government grabbing our money every way.

With UK Government grabbing taxes on Excise, PAYE and VAT, time to ensure maximum tax avoidance/planning.

We all know those that can will ie high earners and current government intend to classify more people as higher earners so good advice to tax plan to avoid the tax burden that wealthy expect only the middle classes will pay (Philip Green for example of avoidance).

Make sure you play their game and pay as little as possible so you do not end up paying for their (City bankers, stockbrokers etc) mistakes.

If you can claim every item that can up your tax code or make pay non taxable ie via diversion to pensions if you do not want them get away with the Great Banking Swindle!

I wish I was in a position to do some tax avoidance. I am not far above minimum wage. To survive on this you can only spend what is justified and you might have a bit left over to save. You'll forgive me if I have little sympathy for high earners who complain about being hard up. :dull:

Here's a novel idea for you, maybe if so many people didn't engage in tax avoidance, the tax rises wouldn't be as necessary?

Aha, but tax avoidance is legal. Tax evasion is illegal. ;)

Personnally I am salaried only so there is no tax avoidance game I can play. All expenses are paid monthly and I get a monthly wage. End of. I sure wish HMRC would put up the accepted mileage rate to 50p to reflect the cost of fuel increase. Its been 40p since my earliest memories in employment.

Who's for a tax avoidance for April?

With government grabbing our money every way.

With UK Government grabbing taxes on Excise, PAYE and VAT, time to ensure maximum tax avoidance/planning.

We all know those that can will ie high earners and current government intend to classify more people as higher earners so good advice to tax plan to avoid the tax burden that wealthy expect only the middle classes will pay (Philip Green for example of avoidance).

Make sure you play their game and pay as little as possible so you do not end up paying for their (City bankers, stockbrokers etc) mistakes.

If you can claim every item that can up your tax code or make pay non taxable ie via diversion to pensions if you do not want them get away with the Great Banking Swindle!

Why wait for April? We've done this every month, every year, as we didn't want to pay for NuLiebors great Economic Swindle of the past 13 years!!

The only thing I can "get away with" is a laundry allowance of I think £150 a year which is added to my tax allowance. This is allowed to any employee whose employer provides them with a full uniform but doesn't provide laundry facilities.

Aha, but tax avoidance is legal. Tax evasion is illegal. ;)

Personnally I am salaried only so there is no tax avoidance game I can play. All expenses are paid monthly and I get a monthly wage. End of. I sure wish HMRC would put up the accepted mileage rate to 50p to reflect the cost of fuel increase. Its been 40p since my earliest memories in employment.

I'm saying that it is morally questionable, not legally. At the end of the day, people earning enough money to enter the higher rate tax bands are earning enough money to pay tax. The problem with this country is as soon as people hit those kind of salaries, they start thinking they can live a life of luxury forever. As soon as some slightly hard times come along they refuse to give up their BMW 5 series, 5 bedroom detached house which they borrowed money in a 100% joint application mortgage for, etc.

It amazes me that some people can get by as a couple both earning 12k a year pre-tax, with no complaints. But others, earning 40/50/60k have the cheek to complain about how much tax they're paying. I would understand if the higher rate tax applied to the whole salary, but it doesn't! What's the complaint?

I understand paying only what you need to, but going out of your way to avoid paying tax that you probably should? Pfft!

There are about 62 million people in the UK.

There are about 32 million people who pay income tax in the UK. Of these 6 million work in the public sector, so there are 26 million people working for companies who generate wealth.

There are 9.37 million economically inactive people between 18-65. Of these 1.5 million are on pensions or are housewives/husbands, the other 7.8 million don't work and live off some kind of benefit.

There are 12 million people receiving state pensions.

So 12 million + 7.8 million + 6 million = 25.8 million. This is the total number of people whose living depends on how much tax you can screw out of the people who work in the private sector.

This is why taxes are going up. It's got nothing to do with Bankers.

Sorry, and what about the Council Chiefs who give themselves massive pay rises and pension top ups while sacking all the bin men and closing all the libraries??

Yes, there are plenty of lazy scrots, but my local Parish council has 9 "workers"; why does it also need 9 "Managers" and 5 "Office Staff" ??

Sorry, and what about the Council Chiefs who give themselves massive pay rises and pension top ups while sacking all the bin men and closing all the libraries??

Absolutely agree, the government should have forced an automatic 20% pay cut on the top 20% of earners working for the councils to pay for front line services. Or better still, privitise all council services.

Hey LOL, if only your hero Gordon had listened to the IMF in 2006 when they warned him he was spending our country to ruin. So rather than worry about tax avoidance/evasion now, why not just send your invoice to the cause of the problem!

Hey LOL, if only your hero Gordon had listened to the IMF in 2006 when they warned him he was spending our country to ruin. So rather than worry about tax avoidance/evasion now, why not just send your invoice to the cause of the problem!

Gordon Brown is not my hero as I am more of a "Blairite", the "Third Way" sort of guy.

I am not worried about Tax Avoidance, looking to share ideas with others through this forum. Make sure people are aware of the tax changes in April 2011 so they can planning avoiding action and not subsidise this morale corrupt ConDem pact with no honesty ie say abolish student fees and then trebling them.

I would like to send invoices for the financial troubles to "Sir" Fred Goodwin and Andy Hornby of HBOS should be stripped of all assets and do hard labour for their crimes. But as they are part of the controlling corrupt society it is not going to happen.

Why wait for April? We've done this every month, every year, as we didn't want to pay for NuLiebors great Economic Swindle of the past 13 years!!

======================================================================================================================

Absloutely, every day is a tax avoidance day. Need to pack in an AVC for this year, and fine tune for the April onwards pension contributiuon and allowances. You know all the MPs will be doing it and all the city bankers, stock brokers etc.

Difficult to avoid the petrol duty. Need to get extra tanks fitted to the private cars and go and fill up with fuel in Luxembourg or wherever is cheapest as well as all the alcohol, up to the Minimum Indiciative Levels of course.

So what other avoidances ideas are out there??

======================================================================================================================

Absloutely, every day is a tax avoidance day. Need to pack in an AVC for this year, and fine tune for the April onwards pension contributiuon and allowances. You know all the MPs will be doing it and all the city bankers, stock brokers etc.

Difficult to avoid the petrol duty. Need to get extra tanks fitted to the private cars and go and fill up with fuel in Luxembourg or wherever is cheapest as well as all the alcohol, up to the Minimum Indiciative Levels of course.

So what other avoidances ideas are out there??

lol, lol, lol...

After days like today (and yesterday) I feel thick as mince but then I come onto Brisky, I can't work out if you are on PAYE or not? In which case there as schemes available like save as your earn, give as you earn/gift aid, numerous flavours of buying a bicycle scheme and if you really want to be billy big balls, VCTs. I've been through potential AVCs with an IFA but its not something I'll be doing this year, maybe come 2013/14.

I can't say I haven't been where you are now because I have but I am currently making extra payments to the exchequer by virtue of driving around with silly wheels. When you sell yours for a tofu-mobile, I'll know you're serious about this. Until then its just posturing.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/158321-fuel-protest-2010/ it didn't work :D

Gordon Brown is not my hero as I am more of a "Blairite", the "Third Way" sort of guy.

I am not worried about Tax Avoidance, looking to share ideas with others through this forum. Make sure people are aware of the tax changes in April 2011 so they can planning avoiding action and not subsidise this morale corrupt ConDem pact with no honesty ie say abolish student fees and then trebling them.

I would like to send invoices for the financial troubles to "Sir" Fred Goodwin and Andy Hornby of HBOS should be stripped of all assets and do hard labour for their crimes. But as they are part of the controlling corrupt society it is not going to happen.

As Blair and Brown were essentially one and the same, the New Labour project, it is rather irrelevant which was your favourite isn't it, rather like picking Ronnie or Reggie Kray!

"morale corrupt ConDem pact" - yes that sums up your reason for posting, 'helping' and 'informing' forum members is NOT your motive as we well know.

But compared to New Labour, the most fraudulent and incompetent UK government in modern history, if not ever......

You still don't get it - the banks are NOT the route of our problems. They are a symptom. The fraudulent 'growth' of the New Labour years that was in essence nothing more than recklessly borrowing to spend. We would still be in a hell of a mess without the bail outs.

Why is it that you insist on vehemently criticising our current Government after just a few months, when all the bad news is just the New Labour pigeons coming home to roost, and it will be impossible to tell if the current government has helped or hindered for many years to come. Even in his desperate pre-general election interview, Gordon was still blaming the last Conservative government. No shame. No acceptance of blame. No grasp on reality.

Like most 'lefties', you are in complete denial. You refuse to acknowledge that you have been conned, that there is simply no money left.

Well, I'm working in the CIS scheme, so I try and rinse the maximum possible which my accountant will allow me to claim, which means I get a yearly rebate, so it's a sort of bonus and the more 'bonus' I can get the less I have to pay into that Osbournes blokes ass pocket!

Ben

. . . so it's a sort of bonus and the more 'bonus' I can get the less I have to pay into that Osbournes blokes ass pocket!

Ben

That's a rather strange interpretation of how the tax system works in this country!

I presume if you were to require medical care, you'd praise that bloke Osbourne for reaching into his "ass pocket" to pay for your treatment?

lol, lol, lol...

After days like today (and yesterday) I feel thick as mince but then I come onto Brisky, I can't work out if you are on PAYE or not? In which case there as schemes available like save as your earn, give as you earn/gift aid, numerous flavours of buying a bicycle scheme and if you really want to be billy big balls, VCTs. I've been through potential AVCs with an IFA but its not something I'll be doing this year, maybe come 2013/14.

I can't say I haven't been where you are now because I have but I am currently making extra payments to the exchequer by virtue of driving around with silly wheels. When you sell yours for a tofu-mobile, I'll know you're serious about this. Until then its just posturing.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/158321-fuel-protest-2010/ it didn't work :D

Yes I am on PAYE and just been offered to join the company pension scheme where they will put in 5% of salary. Think I will need to put in about 25% of my salary from April to avoid paying higher rate tax but that depends on what pay rise there might be. My charity will be the kids I suspect as they will need a deposit for property in the next few years although, rather than investing is someone elses business I might start my own in a few months.

It is a pain the pay rises are not announced usually until mid-late April when one should have already done the tax plan for the year. Hopefully I can adjust the pension contribution part way though the tax year ie May or so.

Be also interesting what companies do with fuel cards as they must be costing so much, intersting times.