Shark Group Buy - now closed

opentoideas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm 100% in if (and only if) the STS is free. :)

Thanks,

Andrew

I suspect that there will be a few others like this :rofl:

not sure whether to add you or not as it may confuse things......

what does everyone think about adding the folks that are number dependant from the 30 back?

so if you look at the list in the first post - in no question - 1. 2. 3. etc

in only if we get the numbers - 30. 29. 28. etc

when the 2 lists meet in the middle we are all laughing!

comments please?

I'd cross-populate it to as many VAG forums as you can. As has been mentioned previously, that's best done by a fairly established member on another site - SCN, Mkivs, Audi-Sport etc.

+1 for me please!

1. Opentoideas - PD100 Fabia

2. Jon.Etheridge - Mk1 Octavia vRS 1.8t - Map + STS

3. Kris M - PD100 Fabia - Map + STS

4. robert_waite - Octavia 2.0 tfsi + STS

5. Willcox - Fabia vRS PD130 - Map + STS

6. BishBashBosh - Octavia 2.0 TFSI - Map + STS

7. Crayon_UK - Mk1 Oct VRS 1.8T - Map + STS

8. BigD30 - Mk2 Octavia 2.0tdi 140 - Map + STS

+1 for me please!

8. BigD30 - Mk2 Octavia 2.0tdi 140 - Map + STS

list updted on 1st post :thumbup:

I have added those that are tentative yes but only if we hit the 30+ as described in my earlier post. if its too confusing then let me know and I will keep them seperate - if any others hiding in the wings want to let me know I can add you too so that we all have a better idea on numbers :thumbup:

Edited by opentoideas

8. kelvinmoon - Octavia II (MY11) vRS (tsi) Map + STS

9. BigD30 - Mk2 Octavia 2.0tdi 140 - Map + STS

15. minimum needed for group buy (STS £75 with map)

28. bettsy ( numbers need to hit 30 )

29. Superbum (numbers need to hit 30)

30. Naxtek (numbers need to hit 30)

- from here the STS is FREE for every one involved!

28. bettsy ( numbers need to hit 30 )

added :thumbup:

this could be the first group buy to be populated in reverse order :rofl:

I think it will help though as I suspect a lot of people will be waiting to see how the numbers go, this gives a way to see the real numbers B)

Cheers for all that, and £12 to feel warm for a year sounds like a pretty good deal :)

I'll start searching for insurance then!

Be interested to know your findings on this - I'm currently in the position of wanting a remap but being royally shafted when it comes to insurance. So if you find somewhere that's half decent, I'm all ears! :thumbup::D

I am interested but not in a standard performance map, i'm after mpg increases, not torque. If I go in with the deal would shark be ok to lean the mapping towards MPG as opposed to performance gains?

I am interested but not in a standard performance map, i'm after mpg increases, not torque. If I go in with the deal would shark be ok to lean the mapping towards MPG as opposed to performance gains?

had a quick chat with Ben and Shark can match the map to your driving style as you wish.

hope this helps

Be interested to know your findings on this - I'm currently in the position of wanting a remap but being royally shafted when it comes to insurance. So if you find somewhere that's half decent, I'm all ears! :thumbup::D

I've just spoken to Adrian Flux and they quoted me £445.00 thats with a discount for being a member of this forum, fully comp and I can modify the car further in anyway that doesn't increase the performance for that same quote which is pretty good. It also included protected no claims

Currently I am with Direct Line and pay about £345 a year for roughly the same bells and whistles.

Thats my first quote though and I'll see what else I can find.

I'm 33 and my car will be parked on the street so that's against me, on the bright side when I first got a quote for performance boost it was over £600 :)

Just quoted £495 by Chris Knott thats again with Briskoda discount, think this is because its my first mod, they were very helpful and said they could beat the best quote I'd got which was with Adrian Flux. BUT then they just couldn't!

Guy was very helpful though and said it was worth considering them when I'd had the mod for a while as the quote price would reduce the longer I'd had the mod.