Shark Group Buy - now closed

opentoideas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you want adding to the list with the once we get to 30?

skomaz - its only money..... and a really good way to spend it :rofl:

Me too please, allthough i would be traveling to ben as im only down the road (if thats ok)

now its getting close to being a goer i thought i would ask a couple of questions.

forgive me if they seem a little stupid.

1. what happens when i pay, do i get a box through the post and fit it myself or can i drive to mansfield and get ben to do it.

2. if i HAVE to fit it myself is it straightforward because i am far from technically minded.

now its getting close to being a goer i thought i would ask a couple of questions.

1. what happens when i pay, do i get a box through the post and fit it myself or can i drive to mansfield and get ben to do it.

2. if i HAVE to fit it myself is it straightforward because i am far from technically minded.

Bettsy, my understanding of the STS unit is that it saves you a trip to Mansfield, they will post it out to you (I guess you could collect it if you wanted), you simply plug it into your diagnostic port. On the Oct Mk1 VRS it's under the steering wheel purple port (has cover on it), then follow the simple instructions on the devices screen to upload the remap. I hear it takes about 20 minutes to load and then you just drive the car around with a grin on your face.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

process is......

pay Shark directly :yes:

see this post for what happens next

once you have your STS unit

nothing to fit as such, just a box to plug in if you need to change things - like loading the new map

if you can use a computer, email and a USB stick then you are almost there with the "technical" side of things :thumbup:

hope this helps and any other questions - fire away :thumbup:

Edited by opentoideas

that sounds about right to me B):rofl:

Hi There buddy not sure who to ask with these questions, so i will start with you as you kicked off the thread....perhaps pass it to the appropriate person if it is not you.. :thumbup: .

I have a REVO 2 remap. I am tempted to get the Shark remap as i have heard good reviews.But obviously am interetsed in the real benefits i am likely to see. Maybe not as much as a none mapped car or course. Can you advise if the STS could still be loaded over the REVO2 and also can your Shark map, map out the removed SAI Cell light. If so is this actually a trip to Shark instead of a postal process.

Also based on the REVO 2 map i have what is your equililant Map. I also had my Map loaded whilst on rolling Road to get the benefit of the performance parts i fitted. Do you take the cars current performance parts into consideration for the mapping you post?

Lots of Questions :rofl:

cheers

Mark.

Edited by Bowders1

Hi There buddy not sure who to ask with these questions, so i will start with you as you kicked off the thread....perhaps pass it to the appropriate person if it is not you.. :thumbup:

hey there,

this is one that you need to speak directly to Shark on.

either call or PM direct but one of the folks from Shark will be the only ones to advise you

they do keep a watch on the forum but I think you would be best to give them a call so you can discuss your requirements fully with them as they are the only ones who could go into the detail you will need :thumbup:

One quick question for Shark (similar to the above question really)..........it seems my Octavia has some sort of map as its running 15psi, but I have no idea whats been done or who done it, so will this cause any problems or can the new Shark map just be uploaded as normal?

If numbers reach 30, count me in !

:thumbup:

20. flaconage - MK1 Octavia Vrs (numbers need to hit 30 )

on mapping over another existing map - unless Shark themselves give the answer I would suggest talking to them directly.

I would not like to give an uninformed opinion on the specifics to that degree :giggle:

dont forget to add flaconage onto the list

we need everyone we can get

Not far to go now.

I have been able to keep on top of posts but I am out of the country most of next week....

Will try to keep the list updated each day and will be back Thursday.

In the meantime we are down to the last few needed so we need to be ready to start paying.

Once we hit the 30 mark we all know what the cost will be - it won’t change from there on in unless when it comes time to pay some drop out and we don’t get the 30. But that won’t happen will it? :wonder: :thumbdown:

once we get to the 30 point it would be worth getting the payments started as it will let the boxes be ordered all the faster.

The quicker all of the payments are in after the group buy closes the faster we all get our re-maps :rofl:

And I am sure Shark would appreciate spreading the calls out so they don’t get bombarded on the following Monday :p

I know there is still over a week to run before the group buy closes but it would be worth thinking about B)

I'd like to know the differances between the Shark and Revo maps. Ive heard that the Revo is more aggresive, and the Shark is more progressive? Is this right?

What diferance would this make in terms of on road driveability?

Also if i go stage 1 now, what are the additional costs for stage 2? Or do you have to but the map at full price?

Thanks

Ryan

I'd like to know the differances between the Shark and Revo maps. Ive heard that the Revo is more aggresive, and the Shark is more progressive? Is this right?

From what i have read that seems to be the consensus on the forum

What diferance would this make in terms of on road driveability?

again, i can only tell you what I have read - I am getting mine mapped here too :D but to me it seems that the Shark map gives just that "driveability" just as nice as it is as standard but with a healthy dollop of extra power and more importantly torque all the way through.

if you have a search there are lots of graphs posted and there is a link earlier in the tread to a post put on TDIclub with some graphs for comparison.

Each engine is different and i have read up on the PD series diesels that may not be much use to you

Also if i go stage 1 now, what are the additional costs for stage 2? Or do you have to but the map at full price?

Check out the Shark site - its linked in the first post. again its different for each car but the details and costs to upgrade are in there. From memory there is a discount on the cost of a stage 2 if you already have Shark's stage 1 but check out Sharks site for all of the details. :thumbup:

Edited by opentoideas

I've just spoken to Adrian Flux and they quoted me £445.00 thats with a discount for being a member of this forum, fully comp and I can modify the car further in anyway that doesn't increase the performance for that same quote which is pretty good. It also included protected no claims

Currently I am with Direct Line and pay about £345 a year for roughly the same bells and whistles.

Thats my first quote though and I'll see what else I can find.

I'm 33 and my car will be parked on the street so that's against me, on the bright side when I first got a quote for performance boost it was over £600 :)

:o:o:o

Those are the kind of quotes I dream about! I'm going to try Adrian Flux again but I'm sure last time I tried them the fact that I had a postcode beginning with "M" prety much shafted me! :doh:

:o:o:o

Those are the kind of quotes I dream about! I'm going to try Adrian Flux again but I'm sure last time I tried them the fact that I had a postcode beginning with "M" prety much shafted me! :doh:

age and no clims are the ones everyone thinks about but postcode makes a much bigger difference.

some further reading for those wanting to know more about the maps - these are threads from right here on Briskoda

stage 1 Shark

Shark stage 2

:thumbup::rofl::thumbup:

these are the sort of real world reviews and recomendations that helped me to make the decision to go with Shark and get this group buy started - hopefully they will be of help to you too B)

So it seems! :(

I obviously need to move to thhe country!! :rofl:

:giggle: its wierd that they put a premium on "M" codes - its such a low car crime area too you would have thought :rofl:

its amazing the difference in what you think "normal" is. when I started on 2 wheels £1500 was a good quote but now over £200 seems a lot

for me its a trade off, the miles I do make a small hike in premium a small price to pay but if it was double then I wouldn't be thinking about the re-map. as it is since I am having the map and taking the hit the next problem is it lets me then do all sorts as long as the power stays the same......

just managed to catch the end of the group buy for the Whiteline RARB so thats sitting in the garage just waiting for the insurance change B)

together with the map that should give a nice improvement for me and I have done the EGR delete and CCV mod which have surprised me with the difference they made even though I didnt expect much.

these forum are a wealth of information and not everything is a case of spending out a ton of cash.

its well worth doing some research on the forum to find out what things other members here have done to improve your specific vehicle and more inportantly which ones were worth the money and which ones weren't :D

BTW - love your sig :thumbup: couldn't agree more :rofl:

Edited by opentoideas