Bit of plastic stuck on right hand side front window?

Does anyone who owns a Vrs have a bit of plastic atached to the pillar in front of the steering wheel on the glass? I never noticed it before but I don't know what it's there for! I first thought maybe the dealer used it to hold up the price when he was selling it, now i'm not sure what it's for? Will it be safe for me to remove it or is it there for a reason? Anyone got any idea? sorry I don't have a picture.

LOL.....thought the same when I bought mine and tried to pull it off....so you're not alone. :giggle:

I find it very useful, as is said not having to stick parking tickes to the screen is a great idea. Should it be on the left side? MAybe, but I would far rather it was on my side that having to reach across to take the ticket out, when I return to the car. Remove it? Why???

Very useful on my octy 1 however the original owner of my octy 2 has very kindly snapped / removed this piece of plastic! If any briskodian is going to remove this piece of plastic and no longer require it, I would happily pay the price of a stamp to reuse it? Please PM me if you are feeling in a recycling mood!

You can find it at your local dealer. It costs 1 £ or less :)

I find it very usefull. I put one on the passenger side also and i'm keeping there the road tax sticker (rather than glueing it on the windshield)

LOL.....thought the same when I bought mine and tried to pull it off....so you're not alone. :giggle:

DITTO - LOL!

Remember being a little annoyed thinking why the hell has the dealer left this on!

Stopped trying to yanking it off thinking i may cause myself unnecessary grief. Later found it in handbook by chance - not obvious though

Edited by mcpop72

My local dealer gave me a clip FOC for my dads car this week, Said he broke his about 6months ago when cleaning the windscreen,

Took less than 5mins to pull the trim off, unscrew the old stub and the screw new clip on and replace the trim.

Dad was most impressed :rofl: