vRS insurance hike

TsvRS

Just paid £500 for my premium this year, no change from last except now 4 years NCB instead of 3.

Last year I paid £450 !!!

Can you all drive especially carefully in your VRS so I don't get bushwhacked again next year . . .

The renewal was going to be £700 . . . which they kindly offered to facilitate through my card automatically !

I'm 30 9 years NCD no accidents, claims etc.

£256 a year fully comp protected no claims etc.

I am envious, a lot older but live on a main road and have a minor speeding fine 3 years ago

26 8 years NCB protected no accidents claims points 100% clean and my Fabia VRS went up renewal was just before I sold it £330 ish I believe!!!! cheeky gits but ALL insurance seems to have gone up and some companies for loyalty are just matching the previous years premium but im working over seas at the moment and insure my car in the Netherlands BOY !!!!! is it over twice the price here makes me sick!

Hi, Are we aloud to name as I've just renewed and paid over £600 and i thought i was getting a fairly good deal compaired to other quotes (I'm 34 with over 9 Years NCD and live one a private road)

tbh I dont always stick with the same one more than 2 years in a row the comparison sites tend to get me the best deals but additional to my cost before I have advanced driving qualifications that help me get it down a lil too never a bad thing to go and do no matter who you are !!

Its the biggest rip off going this renewel lark , i have been with Direct Line for 22yrs (when i passed my test) full no claims , no accident or convictions and they wanted £752 to renew my policy in janaury (£400 last year) when i asked why the big jump in price they said it was because of the bad weather and all the claims that were made . . . BUT NOT BY ME i replied , ended up going with kwikfit for £595 this was the cheapest i could get after days of online searching & god knows how many phone calls

Just paid £500 for my premium this year, no change from last except now 4 years NCB instead of 3.

Last year I paid £450 !!!

Can you all drive especially carefully in your VRS so I don't get bushwhacked again next year . . .

The renewal was going to be £700 . . . which they kindly offered to facilitate through my card automatically !

Now you all know why to55ers are driving without insurance or road tax etc - if and thats a big IF they get caught, they get a smack on the wrist and maybe a couple of hundred quid fine - cheapest insurance quote you can get!

They should fine these to55ers £10,000 when they are caught and double it every time they are caught and use the money to reduce honest peoples premiums. If they can't pay, sell their cars, houses, anything they have to pay the bill.

Unfortunately, at the moment, it simply does not pay to be honest.

Cheers

Dave

Now you all know why to55ers are driving without insurance or road tax etc - if and thats a big IF they get caught, they get a smack on the wrist and maybe a couple of hundred quid fine - cheapest insurance quote you can get!

They should fine these to55ers £10,000 when they are caught and double it every time they are caught and use the money to reduce honest peoples premiums. If they can't pay, sell their cars, houses, anything they have to pay the bill.

Unfortunately, at the moment, it simply does not pay to be honest.

Cheers

Dave

agreed should have the power to give short bans too but not in the cases where failed direct debits have caused it to be cancelled on some folk as it tends to be stopped before the letter arrives in the post !! ( never happened to me I pay annually for this reason)

I didn't even claim for the chipped windscreen this year and now it has a £65 excess . . . Maybe I should claim that now on my current policy before it expires.

The excess is only if the windscreen requires changing, if they repair it with the resin injection then it's free.

Well mine will be coming through shortly..

I'm 31 9yrs NCB and currently paying £690for my 08 vrs car parked on drive.

Sometimes it's cheaper if you cancel the insurance and then do it through someone like confused.com

When i had my scooby my renewal had gone up,i canceled it and then got a quote with the same insurance through confused.com,and it came out cheaper..

I will do the same for the vrs and reckon i'll get it cheaper again..

They go by all kinds of excuses these days,the postcode area blah blah blah...

Have to say some of the prices on here are outrageous, I'm 31 years young, 11 y ncd garaged car all limited mileage to 9k a year for 256 quid I thought that was steep because it went up on renewal. Elephant insurance give them a try.

Kev

quidco.com and topcashback.co.uk will give you cash back on insurance, use the comparison to find the cheapest then buy thru quidco/topcashback.

A couple of years back wife and I both got £100 from Privilege.

Well i had a shock today,got home after work and seen the more than letter.I knew it was my insurance renewal and opened it up expecting a whopping increase.£690 last year,£586 is my renewal..whoooooooo i had to look twice to make sure... :)