Bargain wheels.............

As per the title, just picked up a set of 4 wheels to use with winter tyres, 16" taken from a 2007 A4 all in good condition wearing 205/55 R16 91W Goodyear Primacy with 5/6mm tread remaining...................£135 delivered. :thumbup:

Now I can send the Zeniths off for a much needed refurb and re-colour (maybe)!

As per the title, just picked up a set of 4 wheels to use with winter tyres, 16" taken from a 2007 A4 all in good condition wearing 205/55 R16 91W Goodyear Primacy with 5/6mm tread remaining...................£135 delivered. :thumbup:

Now I can send the Zeniths off for a much needed refurb and re-colour (maybe)!

Bargain.

Thats several hundred quids worth of tyres alone..

Zeniths - gunmetal / anthracite :yes: like brimma used to have. Works really well against black IMO.

Flippin' heck, decent deal with that rubber and tread depth - which you can sell on :yes:

Which A4 design are they?

They are these bad boys:

post-41023-0-34043400-1299248608_thumb.jpg

Not the prettiest wheel out there, but for the money a bargain, they only have surface scuffs and with the amount of tread left on them I can have the Zeniths refurbed with no time constraints (and maybe I will put them on when swmbo drives the car :giggle: ).

I will probably get the Zeniths done in anthracite, but not decided yet.

Received the wheels this morning and they're cracking, actually not bad looking in the flesh, the scuffs are very superficial so I may have a go a refurbing them myself with some Halfrauds tinnies in Anthracite, then I can see how the colour goes with Black in reality. :thumbup:

I got some Golf alloys off Ebay recently (no tyres), and got some new winter tyres put on last week :-

c8b3da7b.jpgI

The wheels are a wee bit scabby, but good enough - I would have been quite happy with plain 'steels', but couldn't find any the right size for less than £60 each !

I've also bought the correct size Skoda wheel centre stickers to cover up those VW logos ;) .

Edited by Splooter

I've been looking on fleabay to get an idea on cost for a second set of alloys ready for the Scout next winter. Volkswagen and Audi 16" alloys are going stupidly cheap. Saw a set of alloys and OEM tyres off an A3 going for £150 - the owner had swapped them as soon as he picked up the car from the dealers! Plenty of bargins out there.

I got some Golf alloys off Ebay recently (no tyres), and got some new winter tyres put on last week :-

The wheels are a wee bit scabby, but good enough - I would have been quite happy with plain 'steels', but couldn't find any the right size for less than £60 each !

I've also bought the correct size Skoda wheel centre stickers to cover up those VW logos ;) .

I was watching a set of the new MK6 Golf wheels which are steelies but have an alloy look trim, they looked really good, especially without the trims on, but I was out bid at £160...... :o

Then the Audi A4 alloys popped up for £110 buy it now, must be fate.

Edited by vRS_Pagey

What winter rubber is that you've fitted?

They are 'Cooper' brand. I'd never heard of them before, but apparently they are an american company, and they also own Avon (the tyres, not the cosmetics :giggle: ).

I bought them while in getting 2 new Michelin PS3's fitted, so had already parted with significant cash. The Cooper's cost £260 fitted, which suited me.

They are 'Cooper' brand. I'd never heard of them before, but apparently they are an american company, and they also own Avon (the tyres, not the cosmetics :giggle: ).

I bought them while in getting 2 new Michelin PS3's fitted, so had already parted with significant cash. The Cooper's cost £260 fitted, which suited me.

Thats a bloody good price, which Coopers are they?

Exact wheels I had fitted until last week.

Looks good.

I see you stuck with the VW logos - I've bought some 90mm dia. 'Skoda' stickers off ebay, but I'm not sure how easy they will be to stick onto the domed VW logos without creasing.

Interesting. Where did you get them from?

Interesting. Where did you get them from?

Just a local tyre company.

I bought my PS3's from Tesco Tyres (who are just BlackCircles really) and it was the local company that they use for fitting. He said he had quite a lot of winter tyres left over so was willing to sell them at a knockdown price :thumbup: just to clear the space.

Just bought a set of these for £140 plus delivery, which will cost £30 thanks to my contacts....18x8" Radius R12's in (factory finish) matt black, ET50.........over £1100 on ebay??

!CFZ2,rQCWk~$(KGrHqN,!lUE1F0mJsZzBNU+qVVOjQ~~_12.JPG

....... and an invitation to go for a spin in a tuned Lambo Aventador/Ferrari 458 Italia/Porsche 911 GT2 RS thrown in too...(Lambo doesn't arrive 'til June though lol)

Chuffed? Yep!! :):)

Edited by skodaphile

Just bought a set of these for £140 plus delivery, which will cost £30 thanks to my contacts....18x8" Radius R12's in (factory finish) matt black, ET50.........over £1100 on ebay??

!CFZ2,rQCWk~$(KGrHqN,!lUE1F0mJsZzBNU+qVVOjQ~~_12.JPG

....... and an invitation to go for a spin in a tuned Lambo Aventador/Ferrari 458 Italia/Porsche 911 GT2 RS thrown in too...(Lambo doesn't arrive 'til June though lol)

Chuffed? Yep!! :):)

Looking forward to seeing those on :yes:

Blimey! Where did you find those?!

Ebay actually-lucky find; contacted seller re delivery to Irl.,missed his reply & end of auction, they didn't sell (?!) so he contacted me again and said he'd sell them for the starting price.....one in a million occurrence.. :happy:

Fitted one today to try them out...........nasty! IMO! But ok as winter runners. :thumbup:

They look fine Lee-quite OEM looking actually. AND easy to clean :yes:

Looking forward to seeing those on :yes:

Yes-me too. :mmm: Seller has asked for a picture too.... :giggle:

Edited by skodaphile