Vrs or not

Hi all, new member long time watcher.

Have always wanted a VRS, but have had to settle for driving my dads one every now and then. Would like some of yours opinions, I have some cash now that would allow me afford an early high mileage example VRS, now my question is this, do the standard version fabia tdi have the same pd engine? (obviously lesser tuned), and would I be better off buying a lesser model with less mileage, taking into account that I am one for modding and will be doing the usual remap and wotnot.

a fabia vrs would be more to your spec if u are remapping etc, plus the vrs has a 6 speedbox where as the fabia tdi only has 5 speed. id go for the vrs :thumbup:

like u said if ur plannin on doing mods and upgrading the car, id say ur better of paying the extra and getting a vrs, i really like them as standard and once u start adding and messin about with the car it gets better and better =]

rather than getting a normal fabia then after a while thinkin oh i wish i had a vrs :p

aslong as u find a vrs thats been well looked after and serviced properly the milage shouldnt matter much, strong engines

a fabia vrs would be more to your spec if u are remapping etc, plus the vrs has a 6 speedbox where as the fabia tdi only has 5 speed. id go for the vrs :thumbup:

Ahh did not know that, yeah would prefer a six speed for the motorways.

I have had a Vrs for nearly a month now and love everthing about it, i have brought a 5/3 plate with 90k and full skoda history for 3500.. Spot on...

I've seen a 53 plate with 99k on the clock for £2750, it has had some panel damage in the past, but looks pretty clean.

Check-out what you will have to pay for car insurance.

Probably you have been on your Dads insurance policy, and may need to build-up your NO-Claims Bonus?

Age is a factor, and car insurances are jumping higher every year it seems.

Power wise the Fabia VRS is good, but the slightly lesser 105BHP Fabia model is also very good, (reading some members comments).

Prices to be paid are wide £3000 - £5000 for 2004- 2007 Fabia VRS,

with the 2007 Fabia VRS SE (special edition) having more toys, but can add another £3000 to price.

Good luck with your choice.

Plenty of info to do stuff to your car, once you have one, from this very helpful site.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Check-out what you will have to pay for car insurance.

Probably you have been on your Dads insurance policy, and may need to build-up your NO-Claims Bonus?

Age is a factor, and car insurances are jumping higher every year it seems.

Power wise the Fabia VRS is good, but the slightly lesser 105BHP Fabia model is also very good, (reading some members comments).

Prices to be paid are wide £3000 - £5000 for 2004- 2007 Fabia VRS,

with the 2007 Fabia VRS SE (special edition) having more toys, but can add another £3000 to price.

Good luck with your choice.

Plenty of info to do stuff to your car, once you have one, from this very helpful site.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Oh that's not a problem, i'm 28 and a professional driver (well lorry driver) I have many years no claims to keep the insurers happy :)

Definitely vRS - always go for the top of the range.

I made that mistake when I bought a Lupo Sport - had it for eleven months and traded it in for a Lupo GTi.

If you want to get more poke then get the Vrs, there was an old driving instructor on here who had to spend a bit to get his PD100 to the same as a std vrs.

where as with the Vrs you do get a lot more std.

130Bhp

Front Fogs

A/C

Front Electric windows

Better seats (PITA to keep clean)

Better looking bumpers.

Dark plastics inside.

Leather wheel, handbrake and gear nob.

and if you find the right one you can get - Cruse, Xennons etc etc

Go for the Vrs, dont make the mistake of buying budget and expecting the same!

But as for paying a good price on a high miles one! Do it! i hit 102,000 Miles this week and the only problem i have is the £3 temp sensor is playing up. just a coolant drain to change it and i CBA to do it atm :rofl:

Just make sure it has skoda/VAG stamps in the book :thumbup:

104,000 miles, SKODA FABIA VRS 1. 9TDI SPORTS, 2004, DIESEL, (same 1.9 tdi engine as the AUDI& Golf sports), VOLKSWAGEN OWN SKODA SO THE BUILD QUALITY IS EXCELLENT, RARE AND AWESOME SPORTS CAR WITH EXECLENT FUEL ECONOMY 50+ MPG, FOLLWOING SPEC,1 PREVIOUS OWNER, SPORTS YELLOW WITH WHITE ROOF AND MIRRORS, POWER STEERING, 6 SPEED GEARBOX FOR ECONOMY AND SPEED, ELECTRIC WINDOWS/MIRRORS, AIRCON, SPORTS SEATS, TRIP COMPUTER, TRACTION CONTROL, CD SYSTEM, ABS, ALLOY WHEELS, THESE VRS MODELS ARE WELL SORT AFTER CARS, DIRECT FROM INSURANCE COMPANY, PLEASE PHONE FOR DETAILS, SERVICE HISTORY PRINT OUT, 1 YEARS MOT, 6 MONTHS, TAX, DVLA CERTIFCATE PROVIDED, DRIVE AWAY A STUNNING SPORTS CAR, YOU JUST CANT MATCH THIS CAR FOR PERFORMANCE AND ECONOMY. £2,695 No offers.

What do you say? CAT B or CAT C? :rofl:

If you want to get more poke then get the Vrs, there was an old driving instructor on here who had to spend a bit to get his PD100 to the same as a std vrs.

130Bhp

Front Fogs

A/C

Front Electric windows

Better looking bumpers.

Dark plastics inside.

Can you even get a classic model PD100? Mines Comfort (the one up from Classic) and it has A/C, front fogs & Front eleccy windows. Admittedly it misses the bumpers, interior and various engine goodies. I was given mine, so i can't moan - but if it was my own money i would go for the vRS.

Hi all, new member long time watcher.

Have always wanted a VRS, but have had to settle for driving my dads one every now and then. Would like some of yours opinions, I have some cash now that would allow me afford an early high mileage example VRS, now my question is this, do the standard version fabia tdi have the same pd engine? (obviously lesser tuned), and would I be better off buying a lesser model with less mileage, taking into account that I am one for modding and will be doing the usual remap and wotnot.

VRS..

Yes i may moan about replacing parts and stupid problems such as leaky doors. But getting behind the wheel of the VRS always brings a smile to my face. Even more than the Z4 i own....

130Bhp

Front Fogs

A/C

Front Electric windows

Better looking bumpers.

Dark plastics inside.

and if you find the right one you can get - Cruse, Xennons etc etc

Go for the Vrs, dont make the mistake of buying budget and expecting the same!

But as for paying a good price on a high miles one! Do it! i hit 102,000 Miles this week and the only problem i have is the £3 temp sensor is playing up. just a coolant drain to change it and i CBA to do it atm :rofl:

Just make sure it has skoda/VAG stamps in the book :thumbup:

Could you tell me where you got a 3 pound temp sensor for a Vrs from... Cheers

Edited by Churchy-VRS