Yeti Options Question

PDIBK

James @ Allams - sorry I missed the question about what I was changing - it will be the SUPERb for a Yeti. I have an 09 Greenline. Make me an offer ;)

I've sent you a PM about Superb -> Yeti....

They can be found at the top right hand corner of this page.

Edited by Allams Skoda

don't forget the xenons which are absolutely brilliant. I just love the way they 'go round' corners. Some people have reported that the standard halogen headlights are not very good, so some owners have fitted the +100% bulbs, which helps, but in my humble opinion the xenons are soooooooo much better.

Bendy lights rule. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

See point 28 in this thread re the halogens:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/160051-if-you-are-about-to-order-a-yeti-things-to-think-about/ And the associated thread linked in that. The Yeti Halogens sound abysmal to me in how they work (by having one bulb do both dipped and main beams). So Xenons the only way to go in my book.

I also started my Yeti search with an SE... but then the options krept up and I realised a heavily optioned SE will lose all the option money come resale time where an Elegance has them as standard included in the base price to which the future resale value is worked out. So the cost per mile of a standard £22,000 Elegance is less than that of a be-optioned £22,000 SE...

Also remember you might not think you will need the Elegance extras, but believe me they are very well chosen and once you get used to them you won't want to be without them ever again. I can't think of a thing in my Elegance that is superfluous and has not been used or enjoyed.

When I bought my first Monster there was a choice of SE 140 or Elegance 140, the later at the time was just that to expensive (1.8TSI discounted; to costly to run) . However this time I had more choice and initially I intended going with an SE 140 as before but with the bits like heated screen and seats that I wished I'd had first time round. However it was as expensive as the basic Elegance 110 4x4, plus I realised that a good chunk of the P/X depreciation on my SE had been in the original options I specified.

As horsepower is not an important factor, then I went down the Elegance route. Although I did end up blowing the budget on options again; oops :giggle: mind I can justify it a bit as a heated screen and front park sensors will be of more use to me than metalic paint, which many would by default specify.

Oh as mentioned on here before; Snow Monsters can only be white :rofl:

TP

Another vote for Elegance here. I would definitely want the excellent cornering Xenons - unless you only ever drive in town, these are really worthwhile and better than the Xenons on my Jaguar XF. Also don't forget the Elegance seats have lumbar support which I believe is not fitted to the SE. I've spent 9 hours in a day in the Elegance seats with no problems - and although I've not driven a Yeti SE, whenever I drive a standard XF (mine has optional lumbar support as part of the snappily-named "Luxury Winter Comfort Memory Pack") I get backache. That would be a bad thing to discover when you've just bought an SE.

One point on the electric seats - whenever my XF goes into the dealers, they seem to manage to delete the stored memory settings. So as my wife never drives it, the memory function is of limited benefit. And a simple lever is a lot quicker when you are trying to get something awkward into the footwell.

Mark